Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

amdublin wrote: »
    His English is as bad as his psychic skills :cool:

I know, it was almost physically painful typing out his tweet and not correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

No reply from Wayne :(

"Pis-ik" Moment.......*Mystic Music plays*......

No Christmas card for rebel girl 15 from Wayne this year..........

I can feel it in my waters............*more music*........:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Show has turned into an internet sensation!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Blog post being viewed in the UK... How scared should I be?... :eek: :P

Should I tweet it at Wayne?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

cf_al_bs wrote: »
    Blog post being viewed in the UK... How scared should I be?... :eek: :P

Should I tweet it at Wayne?

Wayne is back in the UK tonight....coincidence? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Jack the troll from clontarf

TV3's Channel Manager who deals with Airtime Sales has her mobile number online, kinda want to text her telling her to watch tonight because I want to discuss it with her tomorrow... I feel that maybe social lines will be crossed if I do that... Want her to be familiar with it though.

Is it really sad that my friend text me to go out tonight and my first thought was "I'll miss tv psychics live!" :P :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

"And Ireland's love affair with the paranormal is not just confined to visiting celebrities. There is no shortage of people happy to pay €2.40 per minute for an over-the-phone tarot card reading from one of the mediums employed by Irish Psychics Live.

Established by former journalist Tom Higgins in the late 1990s, Irish Psychics Live recorded a €1.7m profit last year. Business was down just 3% on the previous year, which suggests that the psychic industry is largely immune from recession."

Joe Meagher - The Irish Times - Saturday October 02 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TV3's Channel Manager who deals with Airtime Sales has her mobile number online, kinda want to text her telling her to watch tonight because I want to discuss it with her tomorrow... I feel that maybe social lines will be crossed if I do that... Want her to be familiar with it though.

I would assume that this show goes further up the change in TV3 possibly to Niall Cogley who is TV3's Director Of Broadcast. So leave the poor girl* alone.

*apologies if that sounds sexist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Go for it sure. I'll be listening to Joe tomorrow everybody, hope to hear good things. :D

Also hello, how they've some fresh blood for us tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

the thing is with all the controversial posts online about the show, IMO it will encourage more people to watch it to see what it's like, which is what TV3 want the more people watching it as they get a percentage of the 2.44.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

lizt wrote: »
    Is it really sad that my friend text me to go out tonight and my first thought was "I'll miss tv psychics live!" :P :o

Saw it last night and went on the piste!!!!.....well, lots of nightcaps.....

You'd want to take the pledge before looking at that chewing gum for the eyes............:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

the thing is with all the controversial posts online about the show, IMO it will encourage more people to watch it to see what it's like, which is what TV3 want the more people watching it as they get a percentage of the 2.44.

The majority of people will watch it once and never watch again though. Granted it might draw in a few more vulnerable people but it will also draw in a hell of a lot more angry people who will help us fight the cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I would have thought that this was a straight up contract between TV3 and the company involved. TV3 possibly get a sum of money regardless of the number of calls made. This means that TV3 have been given 2 hours of late night TV advertising each night for the next six months sold at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Wayne just gave out information on the chairman of telemedia interact tv. its on his twitter now

https://twitter.com/#!/Psychic_Wayne_I

The majority of people will watch it once and never watch again though. Granted it might draw in a few more vulnerable people but it will also draw in a hell of a lot more angry people who will help us fight the cause!

I think though, if someone tunes in and sees a troll call, which is practically every 3/4 caller. they will see this as funny and want to watch again. However I do think it is deplorable that they prey on vulnerable people, that, as mentioned last night should be talking to someone else or some other organisation e.g. The Samaritans etc.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

N64 wrote: »
    Wayne just gave out information on the chairman of telemedia interact tv. its on his twitter now

:D

I think though, if someone tunes in and sees a troll call, which is practically every 3/4 caller. they will see this as funny and want to watch again. However I do think it is deplorable that they prey on vulnerable people, that, as mentioned last night should be talking to someone else or some other organisation e.g. The Samaritans etc.

A lot of the callers with financial issues would be better served by going to MABS to get some real advice rather than "I see you have some money problems and I think they will be resolved in the next few months" and other vague comments that the "Psychics make"

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

:D

Waynes on the ropes now!!! How much is it to call that Chairman...cheaper than €2.44? :D

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »

Took details down before they disappear :D

Oh my god it's Psychic Wayne

lizt wrote: »
    A lot of the callers with financial issues would be better served by going to MABS to get some real advice rather than "I see you have some money problems and I think they will be resolved in the next few months" and other vague comments that the "Psychics make"

sure that's all they do is gave vague generic responses that could apply to anyone.
    " I'm sensing you have hair..."
    Bullshít

like last night the magnificent gobshíte Wayne said
    " a business, that right, that involves some sort of contractual work is that right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

spookwoman wrote: »
    Just in case

Dr. Jeno Torocsik Chairman of the Board TeleMedia InteracTV and ESO.TV Tel.: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elmo wrote: »
    I would have thought that this was a straight up contract between TV3 and the company involved. TV3 possibly get a sum of money regardless of the number of calls made. This means that TV3 have been given 2 hours of late night TV advertising each night for the next six months sold at a premium.

I think they also get a percentage of the revenue raised from the premium rate phone line, that's the way it was with that PlayTV thing before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Coincidence? I think not!

Elmo wrote: »
    I would assume that this show goes further up the change in TV3 possibly to Niall Cogley who is TV3's Director Of Broadcast. So leave the poor girl* alone.

*apologies if that sounds sexist.

I'm not going to hassle her! Just say I'm planning on calling her tomorrow about it and if she hasn't seen it could she watch it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

To be honest if they let trolls through most of the time it'd be less serious. It's just bizarre thy put a serious front on the whole thing. Don't think there'd be quite the backlash if there were more trolls. Less serious damage old be being done too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

spookwoman wrote: »

they're freely available online, yet another underwhelming reveal from wayne

edit:
    googled "Dr. Jeno Torocsik contact"

• Advertisement

was just thinking the mods may take it down. they dont like numbers going up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement