Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

TV3 has alot of explaining to do:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Linked your blog on my FB if thats ok dude,the more that know about these feckers the better!!

No problem dude, post away. My Twitter peeps seem to be getting behind it but my FB friends don't really care. Typical!

Also hopefully my blog holds up. It doesn't really get visitors... This is entirely new for it but traffic hasn't been too huge so it should be ok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

If this is the kind of crap they air to fund other shows like Xposé then it's probably best if the whole channel goes off the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Another caller that would be better talking to a professional

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

spookwoman wrote: »
    Another caller that would be better talking to a professional

Added to blog post. This is what really mades me mad and upset. She'd get much much better advice from the Samaritans or AWARE and get it for free 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭squonk

Joe will have a heart attack tomorrow with all this.

That last caller posted just above demonstrates what a con and hateful exploitation this all is.

Anyone know yet if creepy Flatulence is back on onight or is it some fresh meat?

Did Wayne say he was leaving? He also said in Monday he'd be on all week but that didn't turn out that way. I'm not sure you can believe anything Wayne or anybody else connected with this show says now.

I dont think I've ever come across something on television quite as disgusting as this. I've barely got enthusiasm for the trolls anymore given the fallout from this on the vulnerable callers genuinely seeking help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

This is broadcasted from Hungary, right?

Notice how he says "now I am here in Ireland for you"

N64 wrote: »
    This is broadcasted from Hungary, right?

Notice how he says "now I am here in Ireland for you"

I think I saw earlier they broadcast another version of the show to another country as well as us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

squonk wrote: »
    If there is no more money in it for them, they will show Telemedia the door very quickly.

You can be sure that, no matter how fast TV3 show Telemedia the door, they'll be very friendly about it.

"We can't thank you enough for this service and for PlayTV. Do please come back to us again in a few years' time."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

From the terms and conditions about calls on their website:
    Each Caller may participate in the Shows and/or make calls as many times and be on the line till 24,6 minutes as this reach the €60 termination point. The phone call will not guarantee that caller can talk to the psychic who is on the TV screen.

Bad English and the use of a comma rather than a decimal point... reminiscent of PlayTV again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »
    It proves that the photos which have broadcast on air are fakes, this is more relevant than what the 'psychics' use on their website.

That is what I was going for Skid.... The picture would basically say... "here is the on screen shot from the TV Program, and here is the image with the stamp from the image stock site".... The way Duggy has the drop shadow also helps, and maybe adding the url of the image would also help...

I think the really top way of doing it would be with video... Have a video of him taking a call (untouched), then fade in the images of the two stock images of the two psychics that are on screen at that time, possibly with small piece of text explaining what's going on... link the images (within the video) back to the stock image sites that they were taken from.. This way would be most demonstrative and have the most credibility. Cos with a single image there could always be the accusation that it was shopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Joe will have a heart attack tomorrow with all this.

What time is Joe Duffy on ?
    Never actually listened to his show before, but tomorrow I'd say it should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Psychic Wayne gets it wrong twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Is this thing filmed in Ireland?:confused:

EDIT: Just seen filmed in Hungary.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

darkman2 wrote: »
    Is this thing filmed in Ireland?:confused:

No, filmed in Budapest

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I think I saw earlier they broadcast another version of the show to another country as well as us.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79367797&postcount=3602

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Here is an idea

Does anyone know if it is being broadcast to any other countries and which ones if it is? Might be useful to see what the reaction, if any, is in the other countries.

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Seeing that photo of Wayne on the Trinidad and Tobago version of PlayTV makes me wonder... might he personally know Derval Mellett and Fiona Mulhall? ;););););)

Seeing that photo of Wayne on the Trinidad and Tobago version of PlayTV makes me wonder... might he personally know Derval Mellett and Fiona Mulhall? ;););););)

Knowing what we know now, the link you posted also looks to have some stock photos used in those screenshots.

What other shows have this group got going? it would be interesting to see what we'll be faced with after psychics live gets canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Here is an idea

Does anyone know if it is being broadcast to any other countries and which ones if it is? Might be useful to see what the reaction, if any, is in the other countries.[/QUOTE/

It seems so from the post further up in the forum. Must do a search and see if I can find anything.

Play TV is still running in Canada, but I think under a different name...and there is a blog from a Mike Battista on it..they have spent years trying to get if off. They have even gone as far as airing the recording, of the live show, that went out that evening, on as a supposed 'live'show 2/3 hours later in another time zone out there.

That is really taking the mickey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Here is an idea

Does anyone know if it is being broadcast to any other countries and which ones if it is? Might be useful to see what the reaction, if any, is in the other countries.

Telecinco and Cuatro in Spain, ITV Group in the UK, TF1 Group in France, Televisa and TV Azteca in Mexico, TNT and TV3 in Russia, ETV India, ETV and SABC in South Africa, Polsat in Poland, Channel 10 in Israel, CME Group in Croatia, Antena1 in Romania, Czech and Slovenia and the public channels in Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kenya and Cameroon.

BMollie wrote: »
    It seems so from the post further up in the forum. Must do a search and see if I can find anything.

Play TV is still running in Canada, but I think under a different name...and there is a blog from a Mike Battista on it..they have spent years trying to get if off. They have even gone as far as airing the recording, of the live show, that went out that evening, on as a supposed 'live'show 2/3 hours later in another time zone out there.

See above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What have TV3 said about the show? if anything?

http://global.eso.tv/ - the supposed Irish flag is actually the Indian Iranian flag :mad:

This I believe was posted earlier on in he last thread but maybe it was also a different article. I've come cross this. Its an old article but this place is like the deathstar of crap broadcasting :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/20/business/worldbusiness/20eurotv.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭TadhgSk

http://global.eso.tv/ - the supposed Irish flag is actually the Indian flag :mad:

It looks more like the Iranian flag.

TadhgSk wrote: »
    It looks more like the Iranian flag.

Yup, good call

christ all this is unreal still the trolls call are funny but still there rolling on in it

there scams scums aswell we need this off the air

Telecinco and Cuatro in Spain, ITV Group in the UK, TF1 Group in France, Televisa and TV Azteca in Mexico, TNT and TV3 in Russia, ETV India, ETV and SABC in South Africa, Polsat in Poland, Channel 10 in Israel, CME Group in Croatia, Antena1 in Romania, Czech and Slovenia and the public channels in Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Kenya and Cameroon.

Oh dear, those bandits have got it wrong again... :rolleyes:

It's called ITV plc. ;)

And I'm pretty sure that none of the phone-in quizzes that dominated the early hours on ITV1 in the mid-2000s were Telemedia productions.

Quiz Call on Channel 5 wasn't made by Telemedia either - and nor, of course, was Brain Box... ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/leisure/cfufeatures/4767665.Borehamwood_estate_agent_Wayne_Isaacs_was__born_with_inner_light_/

So his Wife must have left him. Doesn't his FB give his relationship status with some other girl?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement