Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live Discussion Thread 2 *** Read Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Thinking on this some more, while complaints are good, the only way we're going to really deal with this and stop anything like this happening again is if TV3 suffer financially because of this rubbish. They have already said that they're using the revenue generated by shows like this to financially prop up their home produced schedule.

I'm very sure they were very much aware when contracts were signed, what this show would entail. By agreeing, and receiving remuneration, to broadcast this, it can be said that they see no problem with this format and are therefore themselves tacitly complicit.

Any money they make from the show should be confiscated. It should be made very clear that any future revenues from shows of this type will also be confiscated. If there is no more money in it for them, they will show Telemedia the door very quickly.

At the very least, there needs to be a widespread boycott of TV3 and its shows. Only when ratings drop will they feel the pinch in lost revenue. Advertisers also need to be told that their business might suffer if they advertise on TV three while psychics live is still on air.

At the end of the day, unfortunately much like this show, money talks and is the only voice that will have any serious heed paid to it. We need to object to this on paper, and also with our pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Can I leave a link to the original thread here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056672706

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

BTW you guys know that you can image search in google via Chrome right? No need for that Tineye stuff, it's really nice you just drag a thumbnail or a local file into the the google search bar. Anyways would'nt it be funny if every picture tonight was a genuine photo of the psychic and there were no stock photos in sight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

squonk wrote: »
    At the very least, there needs to be a widespread boycott of TV3 and its shows.

This channel is responsible for Tallafornia and people love it. I'm afraid people are too stupid to turn off TV3 anytime soon.

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy" - Super Hans, Peep Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Continue on here please. Old thread has too many posts.

Just wondering why the old thread was locked, I thought the limit was 10k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Ah nooo I missed last night. Just spent the last 20 minutes reading up on the stock images. You'd think if they were going to those lengths, they could've at least chosen a better picture for mistique rather than the crack-whore one they had at the beginning

Anita Blow wrote: »
    You'd think if they were going to those lengths, they could've at least chosen a better picture for mistique rather than the crack-whore one they had at the beginning

I'm pretty sure they changed LDFYI's picture from the second night onwards.

Leeg17 wrote: »

I thought TV3/Telemedia had gotten the weapons out since we're spoiling their stock images scam party now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Ah nooo I missed last night. Just spent the last 20 minutes reading up on the stock images. You'd think if they were going to those lengths, they could've at least chosen a better picture for mistique rather than the crack-whore one they had at the beginning

At the start of the week everyone looked like they used a mugshot from crimewatch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I was worried when i saw the lock symbol on it, thought we got shut down :/

This scam needs to hit the papers, hell hit rte news... they might favour showcasing the questionable programming going on on tv3

Also (seeing as we have all those stock photos exposed) what if the reason people are kept on hold so long is because there are only three people in this, and whilst one (wayne) is on screen then the other two (flathan and starella) answer the calls hence the delay which gets them more money

• Advertisement

I don't think that's psychic is associated with the show though. This show's specific scam needs to hit the papers in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

I have an offline copy of the website in case profiles start disappearing...

Have no idea how TV3 can stand over this at all. I'd rather see a blank screen from 12-2am than this being broadcast...

Keith Barry tweeted to the other boards thread which is great for gaining this some exposure. Hopefully there'll be something in the media from this and put pressure on them to stop.

And yes I think there are very few people behind this, maybe 3/4 answering calls tops. Basically they pretend to be whoever you thought you were calling. Or maybe there is only the main presenter and everyone else is just kept on hold? I've read stories of people being kept on hold and getting no where, anyone know of someone calling and getting through to a real person who wasn't the presenter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ohhhhh mod fight... *rubs hands together* :D

After all Duggy's good work, I think if we put the images on Facebook in a similar format to this..

scaled.php?server=707&filename=psychicpat.jpg&res=landing

It would probably have most effect. What do ye think?

Nah no fight at all, just curious..!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

After all Duggy's good work, I think if we put the images on Facebook in a similar format to this..

scaled.php?server=707&filename=psychicpat.jpg&res=landing

It would probably have most effect. What do ye think?

Good shout but he will more than likely just remove then block whoever puts them up. Still,the shock value for all to see would be nice,alright! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wayne foresaw the closure of the other thread

All Hail Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm already sorting through my posts like JonathanAnon suggested above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Wayne's twitter: @Keithpbarry I picked this card for you. pic.twitter.com/eP2uRD5b

Oh the irony! I don't like Keith either but at least he's pretty upfront about his ''act''. Unlike Wayne who blatantly misleads his audience.

It's pretty easy to ''sense'' calls when you got someone in your ear, ain't it Wayne?

Good work Duggy... I think it's one of those things that people who havent even heard of Psychic Readings Live might get a laugh out of... i.e. the sheer brass neck of these guys.. And then share it, so that it will get mass appeal.. Would be even better if we could get a video... I'll try pull some footage tonight and overlay it with the stock image photos..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Anyone else think Psychic Dazee looks like Oprah has let herself go a bit?

00002_265x265.jpg

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

On one hand I think it's pretty bad for people going through bad times to be caught out by this creep.
    But on the other hand, its so clearly bull**** and some people just want to believe in this kind of crap. Wayne is probably the least convincing one I've ever seen though.

Are the cards some kind of way of covering a "psychics" ass if a law suit was to ever come about I wonder.

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Hello, I've seen this show advertised. Ye'r saying it's a scam?

How is it a scam? There aren't any psychics at all? Just pictures stolen from the internet?

Just on the show... Psychic Wayne was awful last night... He got everything wrong...

Wayne: "Is your son 28 years old?"
    Caller: "No, he's 19".
    Wayne: "Oh, I see it now, he's gonna be married when he's 28"

Good save Wayne... :D ... If Psychic Pat did exist, she would have been facepalming for him

EEm wrote: »
    Hello, I've seen this show advertised. Ye'r saying it's a scam? How is it a scam? There aren't any psychics at all? Just pictures stolen from the internet?

Well primarily it's a scam because THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT PSYCHIC. The fact that they use stock photos for psychic who dont actually exist just backs up the fact that they are charlatans..

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was there a post about a caller last night saying that Wayne wouldn't comment on the after life???

Post from his twitter to Keith Barry: I help people others I give them evidence from after life.You just pull the wool over peoples eyes. So who really is the fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Was there a post about a caller last night saying that Wayne wouldn't comment on the after life???

Post from his twitter to Keith Barry: I help people others I give them evidence from after life.You just pull the wool over peoples eyes. So who really is the fake?

something about a father reuniting with his sons after 30 years I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people, Jeremy" - Super Hans, Peep Show

:D

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

What are the links to the twitters and facebooks? :) Gonna abuse them greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

From the terms and conditions about calls on their website:
    Each Caller may participate in the Shows and/or make calls as many times and be on the line till 24,6 minutes as this reach the €60 termination point. The phone call will not guarantee that caller can talk to the psychic who is on the TV screen.

So once you spend 60 euro on one call, you are terminated or that the cost is a max of 60 per call

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement