Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

My s3 has starting freezing regularly. Anyone able to tell me if the warranty can be refused for ANY damage on the phone whatsoever? Screen cracks have been mentioned alot but what about chips on some of the corners? Phone took a dive to the ground 18 months ago in the first week i had it and it would be disappointing for that to affect the warranty on a completely separate issue all this time later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sentient_6 wrote: »
    My s3 has starting freezing regularly. Anyone able to tell me if the warranty can be refused for ANY damage on the phone whatsoever? Screen cracks have been mentioned alot but what about chips on some of the corners? Phone took a dive to the ground 18 months ago in the first week i had it and it would be disappointing for that to affect the warranty on a completely separate issue all this time later.

Not sure, but mine is gone to Fonemenders for repair for this problem, and they never questioned me about damage (it never even occurred to me tbh, there's a few scrapes on the edges, but never been actually dropped).

They just sent out a freepost envelope and I bunged it off... here's hoping I get it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

sentient_6 wrote: »

Could be an insane chip issue

duploelabs wrote: »
    Could be an insane chip issue

I reckon so ya.

Just another question. I'm on cyanogenmod, should i restore to stock if im going to try for a warranty repair with the likes of fonmenders or will they care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

you need to reset your flash counter also..
    i have no idea how its done.. there was triangle away. check the xda forums. warranty is void the minute you root.
    ofc restoring stock and reset counter makes it look like you didnt root so you will be fine :)

Ya i've been looking into it alright but its just i thought i read a post or two on here at some stage way back with people saying they had their freezing issue was dealt with despite having a custom rom(or maybe they where just rooted).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doctorwo

Any way to get Flash Player on the S3?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

First link.... Google search
    doctorwo wrote: »
    Any way to get Flash Player on the S3?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Im thinking of updating my phone from Android version 4.1.2 to whatever version Three have released. Im upgrading because my version is affected by the heartbleed bug. Would anyone with an up to date S3 recommend the update or should I keep 4.1.2??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Well I was running 4.3 and no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I recently updated my S3 to 4.4.2 and it's frying my phone. After updating, the battery started draining at a ridiculous rate and it's hot enough to iron a cotton shirt. Did a bit of googling and called into my local 3 shop which confirmed that the update caused the problem. Other users have reported screens that freeze and phones that have become unresponsive. My advice would be to leave well enough alone.

jos28 wrote: »
    I recently updated my S3 to 4.4.2 and it's frying my phone. After updating the battery started draining at a ridiculous rate and it's hot enough to iron a cotton shirt. Did a bit of googling and called into my local 3 shop which confirmed that the update caused the problem. Other users have reported screens that freeze and phones that have become unresponsive. My advice would be to leave well enough alone.

Thanks. Thats dissappointing. I might upgrade to the S4, now that its around 400E and not update the software, just update the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is there a way of ensuring that such an update has to be ok'd by me before installing? Or if it does install, can you uninstall it?

I've just checked and I'm on 4.3, having already had to send my S3 back to Samsung for replacement of an insane chip. It's still randomly shutting itself down, but I haven't so far worked up the energy to go through the whole warranty thing again with Samsung, am just working around it. Battery life is fantastic since I got it back with the new chip/software.

But if the update brings all those problems, then I don't want it! I'm quite happy with the phone the way it is.....

I think I have it set so that it'll only update (apps) where there's wifi, I don't have to approve them first - but can't remember if it does the system update off its own bat.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is there a way of ensuring that such an update has to be ok'd by me before installing? Or if it does install, can you uninstall it?

I've just checked and I'm on 4.3, having already had to send my S3 back to Samsung for replacement of an insane chip. It's still randomly shutting itself down, but I haven't so far worked up the energy to go through the whole warranty thing again with Samsung, am just working around it. Battery life is fantastic since I got it back with the new chip/software.

But if the update brings all those problems, then I don't want it! I'm quite happy with the phone the way it is.....

I think I have it set so that it'll only update (apps) where there's wifi, I don't have to approve them first - but can't remember if it does the system update off its own bat.

Go into settings>about device>software update and uncheck the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I recently updated my S3 to 4.4.2 and it's frying my phone. After updating, the battery started draining at a ridiculous rate and it's hot enough to iron a cotton shirt. Did a bit of googling and called into my local 3 shop which confirmed that the update caused the problem. Other users have reported screens that freeze and phones that have become unresponsive. My advice would be to leave well enough alone.

Use CyanogenMod installer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭donkey balls

It be coming up to a year since my S3 started to freeze after the last update,As mentioned on this thread last year Samsung refused to fix the problem due to a very tiny crack at the very top of the screen.
    So I ended up just leaving it in the bedroom locker while I got an upgrade to the S4 anyway a few weeks ago I was playing around with it and an update for 4.3 popped up,Which I updated to I have yet to use it but plan on using it at some stage before selling it on,Question though if the phone still freezes would using CyanogenMod installer stop this from happening?
    As I won't want to sell a phone to someone if it acts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

My S3 updated on Monday.... Anyone know where I can my hands on the release notes for the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

threein99 wrote: »
    Use CyanogenMod installer

Will that remove the update and/or sort out the problems ?

Will that remove the update and/or sort out the problems ?

I never had any problems with it, the phone was always really quick and responsive. It ran 4.4.2

Good info here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/CyanogenMod_Installer

Link to walk you through it http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Agreed ...massive problems with the official update .....so went with cyanogen its like a brand new phone nice and quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ldcork

Recently installed CyanogenMod 11 on my s3. Like a new phone apart for a minor problem.music players (Apollo and Google play) will only detect the first artist from my SD card. The tracks are there but just won't detect them. Anyone got any solution

Ldcork wrote: »
    Recently installed CyanogenMod 11 on my s3. Like a new phone apart for a minor problem.music players (Apollo and Google play) will only detect the first artist from my SD card. The tracks are there but just won't detect them. Anyone got any solution

Try double twist music player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Ran into a problem with my trusty s3 a fortnight ago. Running for a luas, my headphone cable got caught on a rail and it yanked it but the cable didn't come out. Next time I try to listen to music, only one earphone was playing unless I pushed down on it. Had a Google, and ordered a replacement loudspeaker/headphone jack part. Installed it no bother but I'm still having the same problem.
    Has anyone any ideas what's the issue or how to fix it? Everything else works fine including bluetooth headphones I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

S3 says connected to wifi

However when i go to open browser says issue with connection

Connection is strong

Tried factory reboot recently to clear a lot of sh1t from the phone

any suggestions

have been searching the web all day for help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

theenergy wrote: »
    S3 says connected to wifi

However when i go to open browser says issue with connection

Connection is strong

Tried factory reboot recently to clear a lot of sh1t from the phone

any suggestions

have been searching the web all day for help

Connected to wifi means connection to router is OK.

But, is there a problem with the router. Try router re-boot.

Internet connection OK there??

other devices connecting OK, via wifi??

do you have mobile data on the S3, can you connect via that??

If you have another device, can you set up mobile hot-spot/tether on it, and connect your S3 via the hotspot to Internet?

Maybe post a screenshot, if you can, of the error??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

my s3 will not connect to the interent...cant go on tinder, recieve snapchats, fb updates etc...really frustrating.

Have it connected to the broadband at home and wi-fi at work....but wont work in either places!!

How can l fix this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Hi,
    I have an S3 that was originally O2, which I unlocked to use my VF sim.
    It's running 4.1.2 I9300XXELLA.
    Because it's been unlocked, it won't update over the air or via Kies. So I'd like to flash it with the latest stock rom, with no branding.

Where would I find such a rom? Thanks

Advertisement