Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    dunno what to do bought it 2 months ago working great and now it wont recognise service or coverage money down the drain and i dont think i have warranty as it was bought at an independant store in ennis

Of course you have a warranty....

by EU legislation you are entitled to a two year warranty, and your contract is with the retail outlet.....

bring it back, and either have it fixed, replaced it get a refund.

This is in addition to your Samsung warranty.

Check out the NCA website.....

I think www.nca.ie

You have statutory rights,insist on them with the retailer.

Download this....

http://www.nca.ie/media/Yourrightswhenshopping1.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Help!

my phone keeps throwing up this error message, and makes my phone slow......

com.google.process.gapps has stopped

I'v deleted google play store as advised, and it worked for a while, now the issue is back...........help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

That happened before I'd a sudden daeth on my g3, try checking if it's an insane chip that you have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Help!

my phone keeps throwing up this error message, and makes my phone slow......

com.google.process.gapps has stopped

I'v deleted google play store as advised, and it worked for a while, now the issue is back...........help!

exactly the same problem with mine, its gone back to Samsung for a board replacement

duploelabs wrote: »
    , try checking if it's an insane chip that you have

how do I do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Useful app for android devices earlier than 4.3.

Re-assigns space not dealt with correctly by the OS's garbage collection process. Very cool, and defo speeds up my phone if it's farting about.

Le click

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

how do I do that?

Check with this emmc Brickbug check app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vinagre.android.emmc_check

You will know if you have the emmc (flash memory) chip is dodgy, and use the info to get your phone repaired or replaced.

thanks

Check with this emmc Brickbug check app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vinagre.android.emmc_check

You will know if you have the emmc (flash memory) chip is dodgy, and use the info to get your phone repaired or replaced.

ahhh ok, did that, and yes, my phone has the insane chip.......GRRRRR........now what?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

ahhh ok, did that, and yes, my phone has the insane chip.......GRRRRR........now what?
    I have it as well :mad: Phone keeps freezing. I tied to back it up before bringing to shop but it takes forever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

well lads...
    i think im gonna get rid of sgs3, no matter how good phone is..
    this is my second sgs3, (luckily im on contract) so i think ill have to get third one in a year time...

few days ago phone start to freeze on his own and i have to take battery out or to force restart by holding home and power button...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have a S3 but sometimes the colours look really bright and washed out, I restart the phone and it fixes the issue.

Anyone else had this or know what could cause this?

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have a S3 but sometimes the colours look really bright and washed out, I restart the phone and it fixes the issue.

Turn off power saving option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I have to say the Samsung s3 is one of the best and worst phones out there. Sometimes I just want to smash it off the wall and yet I recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Does anyone know if they get the mother board replaced on the S3 does it solve the problem? mine has been freezing and going into safe mode since the last up date,I'm due an upgrade this week and going get the S4 and bring the S3 to fonfix for repair and flog it on but I don't want to stitch someone up with a dodgy phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I have to say the Samsung s3 is one of the best and worst phones out there. Sometimes I just want to smash it off the wall and yet I recommend it to anyone.

Like a beautiful woman with schizophrenia.

Does anyone know if they get the mother board replaced on the S3 does it solve the problem? mine has been freezing and going into safe mode since the last up date,I'm due an upgrade this week and going get the S4 and bring the S3 to fonfix for repair and flog it on but I don't want to stitch someone up with a dodgy phone.

motherboard is glued to screen so to replace that you are better to replace whole phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hi guys im after cracking the front screen of my s3 :( no insurance because im an idiot :( ive priced a few places and they range from 150-260 for screen repair, now in my opinion it should be a small job, its only the glass thats cracked , the led works 100%
    one guy told me that if i can get a replacement screen in he will replace it for me for 20 euro, very reasonable imo, but where can i get a screen? is this what im looking for?
    any help would be great guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Looks right.
    I just ordered one on amazon around 8euro (without tools) but ebay are known to b cheaper.i just trust amazon and theyre fast delivery +I had other stuff in basket I wanted to get to add to 25quid.
    20 quid sounds very reasonable too to do it.
    Im doin mine myself.brother n law is gettin me a heat gun from his work. Apparently it takes anywhere from 20mins to a few hours dependin on ya knowin wat ur doin..and havin a good heat gun or a hairdryer :)

Just fyi reading reviews on screens ppl say they are nowhere near as strong as original. Scratch easier etc.

Vahevala wrote: »

Are u rooted or custom rom? I had one where if you hit the home button 5times fast it inverted screen colours. Im guessin u have that. Looks cool for photos :)
    P.s hit home 5times fast to go back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

hi guys im after cracking the front screen of my s3 :( no insurance because im an idiot :( ive priced a few places and they range from 150-260 for screen repair, now in my opinion it should be a small job, its only the glass thats cracked , the led works 100%
    one guy told me that if i can get a replacement screen in he will replace it for me for 20 euro, very reasonable imo, but where can i get a screen? is this what im looking for?
    any help would be great guys :)

if you dont mind me asking how did u crack it?it seems like very tough glass to me.

in my case i just dropped it. it landed screen down on uneven tarmac as far as i remember. was a nite out.
    just an unlucky fall. in that i have dropped it about 50 times now, but it was always fine.

its still under warranty, bring it in to somewhere like fonemenders and they will send it back to Samsung for a board replacement

mine is due back by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

crazygeryy wrote: »
    if you dont mind me asking how did u crack it?it seems like very tough glass to me.

just got dropped on a night out while trying to take a picture :(

most of sgs3 have sds problems...
    i have one too and its my second sgs3...
    ill go to repair center today to see what "smart" idea they will tell me.
    i dont think they will be able to repair it as its memory chip that has been damaged who know how...
    so, hopefully if they cant repair it, they will have to give me new sgs3 which would mean that it would be my third sgs3 in a year time...

im seriously thinking to switch to iphone just cause of these problems, not just with samsung but other andorid phones have similar issues

EDIT:
    this is post from another forum that i found usefull
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless One View Post
    Well actually it worked for like 56 hours and then started to freeze again. So I stopped trying to fix it and just undrooted it and took it back to the service. It seems like there's nothing that can help with it and almost every SGS3 bought in autumn 2012 has these problems. When I'll get my phone back (or replaced) I'll tell you what was causing the problem (I'll ask that in the service) and will tell you here, so maybe some thech guys can figure the way out. I'd suggest you to take it to the service. Factory reset won't do much, but still try it.

Erper wrote: »
    im seriously thinking to switch to iphone just cause of these problems, not just with samsung but other andorid phones have similar issues

dont be crazy :P

I have the crappy job of giving out mobiles in my company, regarding this myth that Apple phones never malfunction is bullcrap of the highest order

we got about 40 iPhone 5s, I have already sent back 16 in a two month period for various issues

DOA \ battery problems \ wifi would not switch on \ wouldn't charge \ shutter on camera would not open \ freezing on startup

and the build quality on the 5 is shocking compared to Apple's previous phones, with the sides of the phone becoming chipped and worn with normal usage

I have now said enough if a user wants Apple they get a 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I know support within the HSE are having terrible trouble with the home buttons going on iphones. Apple PR still has them looking good, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What is the average time it takes for your S3 to fully charge?

Mine seems to take ages now. Ive had it for 15 months and even have an official spare battery and external charging kit. It takes more than 3 hours nowadays.

Quick update:

i took my phone to fonemenders, and as usual, they didnt trust me at first that phone is freezing, so only thing they did was reinstall the software in it.
    but after half an hour i had to go again as problem was still there, so i ended up with replaced board in the phone.
    technician told me that if he had white sgs3 he would give me and recycle mine...
    so that would be my third sgs3 in a year...

since board replacement no issuses so far

• Advertisement

Whaut is the average time it takes for your S3 to fully charge?

Mine seems to take ages now. Ive had it for 15 months and even have an official spare battery and external charging kit. It takes more than 3 hours nowadays.

Phome charges by default at 1amp/hr. Battery is 2.1amp/hr.
    Shoild take 2.1hrs to charge. Usb works at half this speed from pc or whatever.. If yo root ypu can change settings to imcrease charge speed but it wears out battery faster apparently. I change it if in a rush only.
    Also have a 4.5amp battery as spare which lasts an age but adds bulk to phone

Advertisement