Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lulala

Jeez, sorry - I gotta work on my summarising skills - didn't realise how long I whittled on for until I saw the message posted in full on the screen.
    * Will
    * Work
    * In
    * Bullet
    * Point
    * Format
    * In
    * Future
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 naif

Cheers wreckless, they sound like potentially useful suggestions, I'll surely give them a go.
    Another thing occurs to me: I saw on a thread (possibly earlier on this one) where someone who was having battery longevity problems, and who had tried many different solutions but without success, ended up solving the problem by deleting several of the pre-installed Samsung apps. Anyone else heard of or tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 naif

Cheers Lulala, some interesting stuff there. 69% after 8 hours which included some usage is good going.
    I've certainly been given a few good suggestions to try, which I will do. I will post back to let people know if I've had any luck (though it'll probably be the weekend before I can).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Naif, if these suggestions don't help improve battery then back up and do a full reset.
    I've done this recently and it helped a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gregario

I recently updated my Samsung S3 on three, I'm not having any issues with battery life but I'm having daily issues with my reception. In particular my data will drop a couple of times a day to the extent that I have to reset my phone to get it to work again. Reception will drop completely less frequently but still once a day or so.

Just venting really, I know others have had this issue also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

what network? could be a major factor here. lots of people have had issues with three + signals. especially with the new update, theyre working with samsung to fix it as was reported in an earlier post from someone.

Anyone buy a replacement battery for this phone yet ?

Im using Nova Launcher, but atleast once a day the phone reverts back to the stock launcher and I have to go into the Nova App for it to change back.

This happen to anyone ?

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Im using Nova Launcher, but atleast once a day the phone reverts back to the stock launcher and I have to go into the Nova App for it to change back.

This happen to anyone ?

Here's where I display my cluenessness about all things Android. Out of interest (and because I've seen it mentioned before but didn't know what it referred to), can you explain what the "launcher" is?
    Cheers, and apologies!

Lulala wrote: »

Here's where I display my cluenessness about all things Android. Out of interest (and because I've seen it mentioned before but didn't know what it referred to), can you explain what the "launcher" is?
    Cheers, and apologies!
    Launcher is the design and layout of your phone. I use nova prime as I find it the best and most customisable.
    Download the free version from the play store and try it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Can anyone recommend a place that fixes the galaxy s3? dropped mine last night and the glass on the camera is shattered. camera still works though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Cracked my screen today after dropping it. Gutted :(
    Ive no insurance and im with 3 so what are my options?
    A quick search online seems to indicate using this guy

http://www.adverts.ie/repair-services/samsung-galaxy-s1-i9000-s1-i9001-s2-i9100-quick-lcd-repair-genuine/1103250?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=PmReceived

or using http://www.fonemenders.ie/

Both seem to cost about € 160 which is pretty steep.
    But seemingly this is the going price for genuine repair.

Also once bitten i now need to sort out phone insurance in case this happens again.
    Ive heard lots of bad stories about them though in that they are very poor at paying out.
    Will they cover a cracked screen?

I refer to the small print of chill.ie and mobilecover.ie:

"
    EXCLUSIONS APPLYING TO THE COVER
    1. The insurance does not cover:
    (a) depreciation or loss, destruction or damage arising from wear and tear or superficial scratching or
    cracking that does not affect the functionality of the mobile device
    or any process of heating, drying,
    cleaning, dyeing, alterations or repair to which the property insured is subjected "

Id imagine most cracked screens are superficial ie. the phone still functions.
    So has anyone claimed for a cracked screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Gregario wrote: »
    I recently updated my Samsung S3 on three, I'm not having any issues with battery life but I'm having daily issues with my reception. In particular my data will drop a couple of times a day to the extent that I have to reset my phone to get it to work again. Reception will drop completely less frequently but still once a day or so.

Just venting really, I know others have had this issue also...

it's due to 3 upgrading their speeds, will be sorted by the new year apparently

Launcher is the design and layout of your phone. I use nova prime as I find it the best and most customisable.
    Download the free version from the play store and try it out!

Thanks very much Patsy - I had no clue such a possibility existed (just when I was beginning to get familiar with the stock "launcher" and getting my head around not looking at the iPhone layout, settings, menus etc!). I downloaded "Go Launcher Ex" and have to admit to being frightened by it (more change!), and also have to say I haven't been able to identify the benefits of using an alternative launcher.

I'll try Nova Prime in the next few days to see if my tiny mind can get to grips with the possibilities. Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

after jb update my earphones/headphones are not workin 9/10 times..

any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Am seriously thinking of getting rid of my S3. Since the update it keeps dropping wifi, generally slow and lots of little bugs. I just don't want to have to deal with this everytime there is an update. I tried all the usual remedies.

Is this Android in general or specific to the S3? is seriously getting annoying at this stage.

Knine wrote: »
    Am seriously thinking of getting rid of my S3. Since the update it keeps dropping wifi, generally slow and lots of little bugs. I just don't want to have to deal with this everytime there is an update. I tried all the usual remedies.

Is this Android in general or specific to the S3? is seriously getting annoying at this stage.
    I had the same.
    Back up and do a factory reset, sorts the phone out completely.

I had the same.

In one ways yes, it sorts, for eg battery life, speed of the phone...
    On the other hand my earphones are not workin
    Idk is it bug in jb but thats what is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

I had the same.

I am having similar problems mentioned (bugs, lag, etc) and want to backup and reset but I cannot get the Kies back up to work at all. Everytime I manage to get the phone to connect to Kies (which is very hit and miss) on my Windows7 laptop and go to backup, the blue circle just continues round and round for hours with nothing apparently happening. I have tried reinstalling kies, drivers, etc and nothing seems to work.

Should I just abandon Kies, root and do a titaniium backup? The reason I havent done this yet is that I have no backup at all yet for the phone so just a little concerned that if something happens during the rooting process, I am no mans lands.

Overall I am mostly enjoying the phone, but there are some seriously annoying aspects compared to IOS - backup is no simple task, apps very buggy, lag, etc.

lemeister wrote: »
    I am having similar problems mentioned (bugs, lag, etc) and want to backup and reset but I cannot get the Kies back up to work at all. Everytime I manage to get the phone to connect to Kies (which is very hit and miss) on my Windows7 laptop and go to backup, the blue circle just continues round and round for hours with nothing apparently happening. I have tried reinstalling kies, drivers, etc and nothing seems to work.

Should I just abandon Kies, root and do a titaniium backup? The reason I havent done this yet is that I have no backup at all yet for the phone so just a little concerned that if something happens during the rooting process, I am no mans lands.

Overall I am mostly enjoying the phone, but there are some seriously annoying aspects compared to IOS - backup is no simple task, apps very buggy, lag, etc.

kies is big problem...
    but
    you can backup contacts, messages, calendar etc ...
    only thing where problem lies with kies backup is programs on the phone...
    thats why kies is showing error on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 woodyirl

2 different problems
    1 The data reception was terrible (I am on 3ireland) but I added a new APN I found on a thread here. Seems to be resolved but I will wait for a day or so before I believe it

2) After getting an update (I believe to Android 4.1.1 aka JB)about 3 weeks ago I cannot send any text messages.
    The message center number is grayed out on my message settings. 3 support tell me it needs "repair" or to wait for an update that will fix it.
    "Repair" Im sure really means reflash back to an older android version.

Has anyine else seen this or got any ideas on how to fix it without having to be without my phone while its "repaired" or having to wait for the update
    3 say that its samsungs problem and an update will resolve the issue.. I m not holding my breadth

Anyone got any ideas.. appreciated

someone said three reported in their talk to thread that they wud have a JB fix in the next week or two.

as far as flashing something else, three mite have specific roms afaik due to their network being the way it is, so it mitent be the best option. you cud do a backup and try though i guess..

considering its greyed out you are between a rock and a hard place... no idea why thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is there not a Bluetooth app/widget on the phone?
    Other than on the drop down menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

havin an issue with the sound only coming from 1 head phone.. ive tried a few pairs and all the same nothing from the right hand side headphone..
    mono sound is turned off so i dont think its a setting ..anyone have any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

opti76 wrote: »
    havin an issue with the sound only coming from 1 head phone.. ive tried a few pairs and all the same nothing from the right hand side headphone..
    mono sound is turned off so i dont think its a setting ..anyone have any ideas???

Try using a paperclip to gently scrape out any fluff? This exact thing caused me some amount of embarrassment a few years ago when I brought a seemingly faulty HTC Legend back to the shop :P

i have the issue in my car where my aux in doesnt work. the connectors inside have become loose so they dont contact the input :/
    for quite some time i had only audio from one side before they both went...
    i hope its just what the above post said though and only some fluff or something for your own sake.
    besides that the jack itself wud have to be replaced and probably cost a rediculous amount/insurance/warranty claim

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

I updated the software yesterday and the notifications icon on the drop down menu is now gone. I used to activate this at night so I wouldnt hear email and text notifications. Is there any way I can get this back or can I access it somewhere else.

Incidentally both my husband and I have the S3 and there is definitely a problem with callers not being able to hear what we are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

hi folks,

anyone have issues with the S3 all of a sudden telling you that there's no SIM Card in the phone?

i've tried cleaning, wiping, taking the battery out for a few minutes.

i bought it yesterday.

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Have you taken the sim out and tried putting it back in?

Is it a network locked phone/where did you get it?

Was your sim cut down or an actual micro sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've tried taking it out, putting it back in again.

the SIM was cut down to micro.

I got it from Meteor.

it was working absolutely fine until about an hour ago, and then all of a sudden, mid-browsing, it decided there was no SIM in the phone.

Advertisement