Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

SlickRic wrote: »
    hi folks,

anyone have issues with the S3 all of a sudden telling you that there's no SIM Card in the phone?

i've tried cleaning, wiping, taking the battery out for a few minutes.

i bought it yesterday.

thanks in advance.

Id take it back if I were you, presume you have tried another sim in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

i've tried taking it out, putting it back in again.

the SIM was cut down to micro.

I got it from Meteor.

it was working absolutely fine until about an hour ago, and then all of a sudden, mid-browsing, it decided there was no SIM in the phone.

The sim being cut down may be a factor. Was it an old enough one with the larger connector or a newer style one with a smaller one? ie 1 or 2, what I'm asking basically was any of the gold metal cut off?

Finally have you tried another sim?

Last suggestion, bring it back demand a new one. Shouldn't have to settle for a repair on a brand new phone and I was told meteor's policy is to replace within the first month if its not physical or water damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,178 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, you would not fúcking believe this.

i've had the SIM in only about halfway in!

it had been working though, which is the weird thing. so the copper must have literally just been touching the required area.

just pushed it the whole way in there, and all is good.

i'll post it up myself before anyone else does...

756850_460s.jpg

ha, you would not fúcking believe this.

i've had the SIM in only about halfway in!

it had been working though, which is the weird thing. so the copper must have literally just been touching the required area.

just pushed it the whole way in there, and all is good.

i'll post it up myself before anyone else does...

756850_460s.jpg

Didn't realise it locked like the SD card? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

thanks for saving me googling for a pic :)
    glad u have it back working m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Anyone having issues pairing with car Bluetooth since jb update?

Mine now wont pair right, I can see the contacts correctly but when I make a call from the car it just drops the call after a second.

Very annoying bug as it was perfect up until the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

woodyirl wrote: »
    2 different problems
    1 The data reception was terrible (I am on 3ireland) but I added a new APN I found on a thread here. Seems to be resolved but I will wait for a day or so before I believe it

Can you please share this APN?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone got their screen replaced yet and how much did it cost?

yeah there was a lot of people throwing numbers around. think the cheapest was 120-140 or something. but thats if you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Where does one find the Llama back up app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My S3 died today, suspected NAND flash failure.

Boo :(

kenyard wrote: »
    yeah there was a lot of people throwing numbers around. think the cheapest was 120-140 or something. but thats if you are lucky.
    Any idea from where?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any idea from where?

Got mine fixed for 150 through meteor who went to Fónfix. Great job, used official parts, didn't affect original warranty and they are approved by Samsung.

Any idea from where?

as far as i remember it was a backstreet type job by some polish bloke who fixes screens. so he wud just charge low labour costs i guess.
    there was a few people had recommended it based on price and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

cheapest I've seen was about €175 from a guy in Malahide that has an ad on adverts.ie. His ad is linked from a couple of threads in here which I found after a search about broken screens.

As it's just the glass cracked on mine, I was considering just buying the lens for about €30 and separating the glass from the digitiser myself using the instructions on XDA here.

I asked a guy that fixes phones in my area to quote me for the job. He said he'd done it before on his own phone but wouldn't risk doing it for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

think i solved my battery problem. updated to 4.1.2 and installed gsam battery monitor. it told me maps had been waking my phone a lot, so i disabled location services and there seems to be an improvment. just over 15hrs with 46% left. to be fair i did use it a little less than usual today. i still have to charge it every night, and i lose out on google now, but theres more left in the battery when i do go to plug it in.

Eh fonfix fix any problem for the g3, no matter what it is for €160 all in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Challenge accepted....

and there was me worried about tinkering with overclocking

Anyone figure out a way to move apps to the SD card yet?

I know there are some workarounds GL to SD is one but its messy, really miss the whole app to SD app and they've given up on developing for the s3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

danniemcq wrote: »
    Anyone figure out a way to move apps to the SD card yet?

I know there are some workarounds GL to SD is one but its messy, really miss the whole app to SD app and they've given up on developing for the s3!

Is it the app per se or app data you wish to move to the external SD ?

bit of both i guess!

Xbox media Centre for example, 100mb internal (although i'm guessing it could be getting data from elsewhere) but still on internal card.

And things like angry birds @ 40mb + an app.

Its one of the reasons i went for a 32gb card!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

danniemcq wrote: »
    bit of both i guess!

Xbox media Centre for example, 100mb internal (although i'm guessing it could be getting data from elsewhere) but still on internal card.

And things like angry birds @ 40mb + an app.

Its one of the reasons i went for a 32gb card!

XBMC does have a decent sized library to read from.
    Check the Android folder on your internal SD card for where apps store their stuff. Sdcard/Android/data/
    You can them link them folders to your external SD.
    I do it with some of the larger games.

Try this.

Saves me a bunch of space. I have all angry birds, two football managers, gta3 and VC Sonic CD, Sims free play and a hell of a lot of other games, which I don't really find the time to play all installed and still 3GB left on my internal storage all the data gets linked from external sd (32GB like you) to my internal so the app thinks its in the correct spot.

HTH.

Ste-.

nice one i'll get a look at that when i get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 workaholicboy

Hi guys.i bought an s3 and the weather app keeps showing the wrong time. I know it's only small but can anyone advise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has anyone had an issue with their phone randomly rebooting? Mine started doing it the other day for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Hi guys.i bought an s3 and the weather app keeps showing the wrong time. I know it's only small but can anyone advise?
    What weather app is it? Should be able to change this in settings easily enough.
    @melion are you on the latest software?
    Back up and reset will usually solve these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Melion wrote: »
    Has anyone had an issue with their phone randomly rebooting? Mine started doing it the other day for no reason.

Yep,

Mine too. We may have the sudden death syndrome and are on the way to it.

Yep,

Mine too. We may have the sudden death syndrome and are on the way to it.

Thats kinda what happened mine before it died.

Back up data now (carbon or titanium if you can, that'll save your app data too)

connect to kies (yuck)

look for updates on it.

failing that check versions against current releases on samfirmware.

if you wanna take the chance then update it manually

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi,

Anyone know how to get rid of these annoying kind of messages I keep get telling me I won the android lottery.......and have a little "red star" icon. Very annoying, as they don't seem to be an email or a text to allow me to block them.......

any help please?

Advertisement