Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Before I got SGS3 I backed up contacts, messages etc with kies. But I cant figure out how to get my backed up messages onto new phone.

There should be an option in Kies to import numbers to the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

The flashing LED lights wont turn off.

Ive unchecked all the boxes to disable the LED but it still flashes for missed events like text and missed calls. Bit annoying
    Anyone have same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

pabloh999 wrote: »
    The flashing LED lights wont turn off.

Ive unchecked all the boxes to disable the LED but it still flashes for missed events like text and missed calls. Bit annoying
    Anyone have same issue?

try going back to stock by resetting phone

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Anyone have an issue in that the connection to the net won't work over 3g. I have a 3g connection apparently based on the signal on the status bar, but when I connect using either chrome or the stock browser I get the error message ' Unable to connect to the proxy server ' .
    No problems on wifi, and have tried connection in different places so it's not a lack of signal anywhere.
    Don't see anything out of the ordinary under settings, everything is on and working apparently. Might be a trip into meteor at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

what network?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Go to settings, more settings, mobile network, access point, meteor wap, proxy settings and clear the proxy.
    That should solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Go to settings, more settings, mobile network, access point, meteor wap, proxy settings and clear the proxy.
    That should solve it.

when I go into meteor wap there's no option for proxy settings. Do you mean go into the proxy option and delete the data in there? it's currently set at 10.85.85.85 whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

acurno wrote: »
    when I go into meteor wap there's no option for proxy settings. Do you mean go into the proxy option and delete the data in there? it's currently set at 10.85.85.85 whatever that means.

Yeah, delete that, pull the battery out of the back of the phone while it is on.
    Put back in the battery switch on and it should be ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Erper wrote: »
    three was the first operator to receive JB...

so far i found 2 bugs...

one is response, it seems slower and laggy comparing to ICS and second is web browser, it does not remember your last page you visited

This as well since upgrading to JB, also where I work has dodgy data coverage and everytime I leave coverage I have to restart my phone to regain mobile data. On 3 network, anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

duploelabs wrote: »
    This as well since upgrading to JB, also where I work has dodgy data coverage and everytime I leave coverage I have to restart my phone to regain mobile data. On 3 network, anyone else have this issue?

i think loads of people have this data prob. funny thing is for me at least its only in dublin as in wicklow its fine....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yeah, delete that, pull the battery out of the back of the phone while it is on.
    Put back in the battery switch on and it should be ready to go.
    I haven't had internet for the past week. rang meteor to get the setttings ings again as I thought something wasn't right.
    gave me the same settings & then told me that they have been having problems with internet the last week "should be sorted tonight" <- that was on saturday.

Can't believe they didn't tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I received the Meteor settings about a week ago (a month after I got the phone and even though the internet was working!). Great, I thought, I will get a signal or speed increase but no! Internet stopped working altogether. I delved into the settings and where Meteor Data was originally data.mymeteor.ie it was now wap.mymeteor.ie! WAP? WTF?!

So on the below screen hit the menu button and select the options for reset to default (if internet worked before update) and it should work.

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > *Menu Button* > Reset to Default

If anyone wants the Access Point settings that work for me, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I received the Meteor settings about a week ago (a month after I got the phone and even though the internet was working!). Great, I thought, I will get a signal or speed increase but no! Internet stopped working altogether. I delved into the settings and where Meteor Data was originally data.mymeteor.ie it was now wap.mymeteor.ie! WAP? WTF?!

So on the below screen hit the menu button and select the options for reset to default (if internet worked before update) and it should work.

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > *Menu Button* > Reset to Default

If anyone wants the Access Point settings that work for me, let me know :)

Can you pl post your setting? It will be good to compare. I sometimes find my internet a bit slow. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

i have a friend who has a htc desire, and she has a facebook post up saying she cant connect to the internet on her phone for the past ~4 days.
    but facebook still works.
    im guessing its network related, not s3 issue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone able to upload to youtube?
    Took a few videos last night and my S3 refuses to upload to youtube.
    Videos only from 20-80meg in size.
    Uploads perfectly to skydrive but eventually I had to tether and do the upload from my laptop via browser.

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone able to upload to youtube?
    Took a few videos last night and my S3 refuses to upload to youtube.
    Videos only from 20-80meg in size.
    Uploads perfectly to skydrive but eventually I had to tether and do the upload from my laptop via browser.

Massave Amazon NOC servers went down last night, loads of sites inc youtube went down.
    Maybe try today?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bey0nd

Does anybody else have a problem with their S3 turning off by itself? I'll often notice my phone light up out of the corner of my eye, and it's turning back on again. Will this be fixed with the Jelly Bean update? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Meteor APN/Network settings as requested:

All settings not mentioned are: Not Set
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 03
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: default,supl
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    Enable/Disable APN: APN Enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified

Hope this works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Does anybody else have a problem with their S3 turning off by itself? I'll often notice my phone light up out of the corner of my eye, and it's turning back on again. Will this be fixed with the Jelly Bean update? Thanks

Do you mean phone restarting itself? My SGS2 used to do this all the time. Used to drive me crazy because when it was restarting if I didnt notice it would come on without sim pin and the phone would be on but without any service. I eventually found out it was the memory card I bought for phone. It just didnt like it. When I removed the memory card the problem stopped.

Bey0nd wrote: »

Yep wifes S3 is restarting alot after the JB update. Mine is fine but running slow competed to ICS.

Going to format the phone tonight to see if that helps.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »

Yep wifes S3 is restarting alot after the JB update. Mine is fine but running slow competed to ICS.

Going to format the phone tonight to see if that helps.

a wipe should resolve it alright, but weird that is happening. i had issues going from ics to jellybean ubtil i did a wipe, but i assumed that was because I installed the pre release jellybean versions that werent fully finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Since installing upgrade this morning, my car mode doesn't seem to be working. Won't charge in car kit. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Jelly bean is now available on meteor. Has anyone installed it? Any horror stories, or is it okay to go a head and install it? Need my phone today so a bit reluctant to install it in case it starts acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lemon_grass

Jelly bean is now available on meteor. Has anyone installed it? Any horror stories, or is it okay to go a head and install it? Need my phone today so a bit reluctant to install it in case it starts acting up

Just updated there, so if I come across any issues I'll let you know. So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Updated a couple days ago. No problems other than the battery life has gone to sh*t.

install GSam battery monitor and see what is causing partial wakelocks.
    i use better battery stats myself but its a paid app hence the above suggestion and it says it also shows partial wakelocks

high ones = thats your issue more than likely
    i had a few things after update like my football app was causing constant ones aswell as maps. an uninstall and reinstall fixed that right up + tweaking of some settings

in deep sleep phone should only use like 1% battery every 1-2 hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@kenyard - I've no extra apps installed on it yet. Already did a factory reset after the upgrade too. Have better battery stats installed alright.
    (it's free from XDA :))

Have most of settings tweaked as I had on ICS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

My Mobile Data has stopped working, im on meteor, anyone else having problems ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

threein99 wrote: »
    My Mobile Data has stopped working, im on meteor, anyone else having problems ?

Mine went half an hour ago.

Advertisement