Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ive never seen a transaction go thru on a Sunday night.
    Monday me hole.

My wifes fortnightly wages from Wednesday night havent been paid.
    Think we have a pot noodle in the press we can share.

My monthly payday is next Thursday, if it aint fixed by then.........BOYYYYYNNNNGGGGGG on all the payments due..... ESB, Sky, Hibernian Life, Mortgage, VHI, Allianz House Insurance, VHI, BOI Car Repayment, BOI Personal Loan.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Just checked my online BOI account and I've been hit with 4 x €12.70 unpaid direct debit fees, €5 overdrawn fee for an automatic payment on my laser card and an interest fee of almost €3 for being overdrawn without authorisation.

Because of all these charges the few quid I DID have in my account has been wiped. Called BOI and it's not their problem. Called UB and they can't help either. Couple of euro in my purse, minus figures in my account and sensible me with no overdraft and no credit card has no access to any cash at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

That what you get from outsourcing key systems.

poor documentation, badly managed and staff not up to the job doesn't go hand in hand with outsourcing. the same idiots are often hired directly by companies and you have the same problem.

When good policies are not in place or not followed it doesn't matter if it's permament staff coming or going or hot shot contractors yourend up in the same boat.

It's amazing how some of them manage to tie their shoe laces never mind get a job in a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

ash23 wrote: »
    Just checked my online BOI account and I've been hit with 4 x €12.70 unpaid direct debit fees, €5 overdrawn fee for an automatic payment on my laser card and an interest fee of almost €3 for being overdrawn without authorisation.

Because of all these charges the few quid I DID have in my account has been wiped. Called BOI and it's not their problem. Called UB and they can't help either. Couple of euro in my purse, minus figures in my account and sensible me with no overdraft and no credit card has no access to any cash at all.

F**king hell, thats crazy, surely other banks should be able to accommodate their customers when its not their fault. Don't let it go, keep on to them.

Do you mean that your employer is with UB?

If that's the case, then surely you should go to your employer (and get sorted out)?

My employer uses a payroll company. Who have already taken the money from the employer and lodged it via Ulster Bank. Large employer so they can't sub us all seeing as we already "got paid".
    Payroll crowd also did their job so not their problem.
    UlsterBank screwed up but will only help if you have an account with them
    My bank are saying it's Ulster Banks problem.

Lots of passing the buck with no real help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

This is going to effect almost everyone in some shape of form. We have invoices that need to be paid into the UK through BACs but no access to Bankline, I could use the debit card and take a hit on the charge but what UB declined the card yesterday :eek:. So that leaves my suppliers not getting payment till god knows when, so in turn they dont release any further stock until they are paid. I have new accounts that require proforma payment whayhey cant pay them either and to ad to all this my staffs wages hasnt gone through. I operate a small business on a shoestring and something like this will take me to my knees in a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

At this rate a change from euro to punt nua would be more seamless than this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What a disgusting mess. Are Ulster Bank a real bank ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Just being told from a few nurses working in ardkeen hospital that they have being informed that it will be nex tuesday or wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

banjacksed wrote: »
    Just being told from a few nurses working in ardkeen hospital that they have being informed that it will be nex tuesday or wednesday.

That sounds a bit far fetched tbh.

• Advertisement

I'm lucky enough to have food in the press and petrol in the car but god, some people must be totally screwed :(

My rent is due, childcare is due.....knock on effect there for the landlord and childminder. Doubt there will be many who aren't affected by this in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

I wonder will RBS use this failure as a reason to pull out of Ireland? I hope not they are the only bank offering free banking at the moment and the Irish banks need foreign competition. Hope they get the mess sorted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I wonder will RBS use this failure as a reason to pull out of Ireland? I hope not they are the only bank offering free banking at the moment and the Irish banks need foreign competition. Hope they get the mess sorted.

they are pulling that by end of summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What's shocking and sad to see is the lack of cash flow management some people have. I know largely this isn't peoples fault and it shows the state of the country but its sad to see people living week by week with no real management or control on finances. I do realise that for some this is out of their hands.

I hope the other Banks will waive the people who have been affected by bank charges this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Have they tried switching it off for ten seconds, then back on again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Update on BBC about Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland:
    Ulster Bank to work over weekend to fix technical problems

Ulster Bank has said it will be Monday before the backlog in its payments system is cleared, with many customers still unable to access their accounts.

Technicians are expected to work over the weekend in an attempt to resolve issues that meant some customers' accounts were not updated.

Branches across Northern Ireland are to open until 19:00 BST on Friday.

More than 100,000 Ulster Bank customers have been affected.

As well as Ulster Bank customers, others with Natwest and RBS accounts have also been affected.

A spokeswoman said on Friday the bank was "still experiencing delays in updating customer balances and automated payments" because of a "systems issue".

"Over the weekend we will endeavour to clear the backlog of automated payments to ensure our customers' balances are up-to-date and that we are operational on Monday morning," she said.

"Customers who have incurred fees or charges as a result of this issue will be fully refunded in due course."

That's Northern Ireland. Any chance the RoI business wants to let their customers know what's going on?

GrumPy wrote: »
    Have they tried switching it off for ten seconds, then back on again? :pac:

Good one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

What a mess, direct debits coming back all over the shop.. Surely these companies taking the DD's will know it's UB's problem and something will be sorted? I'm sure as hell not paying the fee's associated!

All I'll say is thank God for the bank of Mammy and Daddy!!

What a mess, direct debits coming back all over the shop.. Surely these companies taking the DD's will know it's UB's problem and something will be sorted? I'm sure as hell not paying the fee's associated!

"Customers who have incurred fees or charges as a result of this issue will be fully refunded in due course."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The kids piggy banks are taking a hammering here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

puffishoes wrote: »

"in due course" is the key and depressing term used here. It could foreseeably be months before people are paid back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

I find it unbelieveable that the only update on RTE news is that they are keeping the banks open later people need to know when this will be sorted! I have 130 Euro in my account, I need to know when this will be sorted, there's money due to come out in the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

missed my car insurance payment today! Yet to be paid here :mad:

What's shocking and sad to see is the lack of cash flow management some people have. I know largely this isn't peoples fault and it shows the state of the country but its sad to see people living week by week with no real management or control on finances. I do realise that for some this is out of their hands.

I hope the other Banks will waive the people who have been affected by bank charges this week.

Strict budgeting from paycheck to paycheck isn't the same as having no control or management of your finances. The total opposite in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Scruff101 wrote: »
    I find it unbelieveable that the only update on RTE news is that they are keeping the banks open later

Me too. They seem to be getting a very easy ride in the media.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    "in due course" is the key and depressing term used here. It could foreseeably be months before people are paid back.

Or it could be day's.

unless you have a serious amount of DD's and had _no_ money in the bank you won't concur a lot of charges. I think the majority of people affected will survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Like many on here. I'm with BOI.... however my employer recently switched to Ulster Bank.

So that's 430 of us waiting to be paid.

(thankfully I'm hold considerable personal wealth so I'm fine! :cool: :pac: )

Strict budgeting from paycheck to paycheck isn't the same as having no control or management of your finances. The total opposite in fact.

Well you can add back up plan to you strict budgeting for to futrure proof it.

Think of it as a cheap financial advisory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

banjacksed wrote: »

That might be true, but we're probably best taking second or third hand information with a large grain of salt. But I definitely understand the need to believe this in lieu of any official update from UB.

I know, I know, I'm a broken record, I'll try and stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

puffishoes wrote: »
    Or it could be day's.

unless you have a serious amount of DD's and had _no_ money in the bank you won't concur a lot of charges. I think the majority of people affected will survive.

Those who are not UB customers but have been seriously affected will not get repaid in days. They'll have to submit claims with clear proof of costs and UB will have to investigate. A lot of people will be seriously affected while these investigations take place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

If it's not sorted today I think it could easily be well into next week by the time everyone gets sorted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement