Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

Was talking to a friend whos wife works in their IT dept.
    Says the restore is not going well at all. They've been pulling all nighters and have to go home now for some sleep.
    Reckons it could be the end of next week before they are back up and running the way its looking. Unless some major breakthrough is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Does anyone know or say if your employer pays you from ulster and payment is due tomorrow when the money will be issued

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Does anyone know or say if your employer pays you from ulster and payment is due tomorrow when the money will be issued

When UB fix the issue. Possibly tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well I would say from reading the site and from the news and to summerise this tread....

Any charge will be refunded including interest charges.

Balancing showing are not correct so no one is missing money but I would check a statement to be sure nothing is wrong when the issues are fixed.

As for refunds, like with errors made before by banks it would be a mass refund and would be done on all accounts with out the need for them to be told by the customer.

If your stuck you can get funds, bring ID to any branch. If you are expecting wages bring a wage slip with you.

If your over seas, your fecked.

If your pissed off make a complaint with your own branch and follow the internal complaints procedure.

I hear on the news that they will open late tomorrow to accommodate customers.

Normal saturday branches will open sat as normal if anyone can't make it tomorrow.

All transactions due over the past few days will sort themselves out over the coming days as soon as what ever has happened fixes itself out.

If your waiting for funds from anyone with a UB accounts, you are going to have to wait for the issue to be fixed unless your own bank will accept proof I.e. Payslip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Caseywhale wrote: »
    Reckons it could be the end of next week before they are back up and running the way its looking. Unless some major breakthrough is made.

That's just not good enough though is it? I can't get my payslips at the minute, was supposed to be paid last night and nothing. Husband gets paid fortnightly and is not due to get paid until next Thursday, so won't have a payslip until then. In the meantime, there are mortgage and a loan payment due out tomorrow, leaving us with f all until next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Ok,

If anyone is stuck for money. You can go to any UB with I'd and withdraw funds. It may take a little longer but can be done.

But thats no good if like me you lodged a cheque that was due to be cleared for withdrawal today, and now the lodgement doesn't even show up in the account!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

SSFG wrote: »
    That's just not good enough though is it? I can't get my payslips at the minute, was supposed to be paid last night and nothing. Husband gets paid fortnightly and is not due to get paid until next Thursday, so won't have a payslip until then. In the meantime, there are mortgage and a loan payment due out tomorrow, leaving us with f all until next Thursday.

It wasnt a planned outage, so they are chasing their tales. They might get it fixed quickly, but its not looking promising at the moment.

You can bring in old payslips. You dont need this months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was talking to a friend whos wife works in their IT dept.
    Says the restore is not going well at all. They've been pulling all nighters and have to go home now for some sleep.

Disaster recovery at its very best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

DesertMoon wrote: »
    But thats no good if like me you lodged a cheque that was due to be cleared for withdrawal today, and now the lodgement doesn't even show up in the account!!!:mad:
    I lodged a cheque too, I will have to wait a couple of days on top of the 5 business days for it to clear, so it looks like there will be a knock on affect when its sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

still not back - getting into UB on line, but then its just coming up 'bankline error' my company banks with UB and we sent the file to the bank to pay all our staff but because of the problems they are having , none of them have recieved their wages. thats 8000 staff left without wages.
    really hope its back 2moro but dont think its looking likely:(

Have you proof of the lodgement? Have you asked your bracnh and told them?
    If it's due to clear tomorrow it would have been lodged Monday and there was no issue then.

If you have funds on your account you can access it via the ATM or branch.

If your meant to have a lodgement, if you have proof you can get it in branch.

If you don't or can't get it in time I'd be going in and asking. Surely if it's a regular payment they can see that and they could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

If it's due to clear tomorrow it would have been lodged Monday and there was no issue then.

No I did on on my lunch break - fast lodgement box! Some of it was to be transferred to cover DDs due out of UB jt account - no idea what we will eat this weekend! Its ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

what's the story with direct debits missed from non ulster bank accounts. My wages are transferred from ulster bank so depending how long this goes on I could bounce some payments in the next few weeks.

It wasnt a planned outage, so they are chasing their tales. They might get it fixed quickly, but its not looking promising at the moment.

You can bring in old payslips. You dont need this months.

I know it's not planned, but the way they are dealing with it isn't helping, and as for the old payslips, I shred mine regularly so I don't have old one's lying around. Fixing it quickly would mean it's already been fixed, it's been down since last night.

No I did on on my lunch break - fast lodgement box! Some of it was to be transferred to cover DDs due out of UB jt account - no idea what we will eat this weekend! Its ridiculous!

Well I'd not worry about the dd, they will sort themselves out and you'll nt loose money with fees etc.

Have you ask your branch can they advanced funds to you? They would have a record of the fast lodgement.

what's the story with direct debits missed from non ulster bank accounts. My wages are transferred from ulster bank so depending how long this goes on I could bounce some payments in the next few weeks.

Well I'll be passing the charges onto UB that's for sure.

Oh my god. I think I just saw a staff member of IPSO on the TV :O

They said they'd be investigating the crisis. Double :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

There were issues on Monday, read my earlier post, I have reported issues to the bank from Monday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Oh my god. I think I just saw a staff member of IPSO on the TV :O

They said they'd be investigating the crisis. Double :O :O

silly question probably, but whats the significance of this?

Jayob10 wrote: »
    silly question probably, but whats the significance of this?

They're the Irish payments services organisation and normally we're "praising" them around here for their sterling work in managing the direct debit scheme. No doubt they'll apply the same rigorous supervision to investigating this UB crisis too.
    http://www.ipso.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

but the way they are dealing with it isn't helping, and as for the old payslips

unfortunately the banking staff has nearly as much info as you have,
    they only difference is they know the names of the systems that are down.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    unfortunately the banking staff has nearly as much info as you have,
    they only difference is they know the names of the systems that are down.

Not talking about banking staff as such moreso the whole institution seems to be very little information, and no proper comments from UB on any news reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

and no proper comments from UB on any news reports.

very true

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The central bank needs to fine UB millions for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pancho Pearson

Here I am broke with no pay and the mortgage payment gone out and the account overdrawn and Ava's tooth fell out. Tried to explain that the tooth fairy banks with UB.... but she's having none of it.

But the tooth fairy is moving to PTSB as soon as this is sorted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The central bank needs to fine UB millions for this.

Not sure what good it will do. The organisation was on its last legs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

cookie1977 wrote: »
    They're the Irish payments services organisation and normally we're "praising" them around here for their sterling work in managing the direct debit scheme. No doubt they'll apply the same rigorous supervision to investigating this UB crisis too.
    http://www.ipso.ie/

They'll probably write them a strongly worded letter asking them to ensure it doesn't happen again, if you don't mind, thank you. . . grovel grovel grovel :D

On a plus side for me personally, because UB messed up the switching of my direct debits from AIB, at least my credit card got paid yesterday, from my AIB account!!

• Advertisement

chasm wrote: »
    They'll probably write them a strongly worded letter asking them to ensure it doesn't happen again, if you don't mind, thank you. . . grovel grovel grovel :D

On a plus side for me personally, because UB messed up the switching of my direct debits from AIB, at least my credit card got paid yesterday, from my AIB account!!

No doubt UB's response will be just as contrite. Akin Father Jack to the Bishop. "I'm so so so sorry"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement