Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 - Psychic Readings Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Poor Sean has an embarrasing problem :o

Ameerah Blackstone...........wait 3 seconds for it :pac:

Bella has eye-problems

Psychic Sandy is really just a woman named Simona Ghita, an actress? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Duggy747......

Remind me never to borrow money off you.......you're way too good!....:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ive taken screenshots of their psychics, have a copy of pics and copy of the stock pics and links to stocks :D

Christ, this is just endless.

Certainly not as exciting as CSI, anyways :pac:

Still, these rats should be punished for the lies they're dishing out to those who believe in this and want nothing but money in return. It's a filthy con game that should be exposed at every given oppertunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

spookwoman wrote: »
    Ive taken screenshots of their psychics, have a copy of pics and copy of the stock pics and links to stocks :D

Good work spookwoman. Love how this has taken off! :)

Cheyenne has to be somewhere in a cher or elvira lookalike contest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Is anybody still watching that movie? :pac:

Spiritual Counselor Mercedes...........our survey says.................bullshìt

Jessica appearing on...........eh............a site about something

Shannon is "content" with lying to people

Maggie sure does see into the future....................the future of savings for her funeral :pac:

Blah de blah...................herp de derp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

it's times like these when you appreciate how brilliant boards is :p

• Advertisement

Tom...........predicting the future of books in 2010

Ethel is another one making a testimony on a site I'm not entirely sure what it does.

Kymbal and her short hair style

This is the best one so far, possibly a bit NSFW, but I still got a chuckle from the photo album. Completely unexpected (more than likely a bot account):

Angelica the dirty minx

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

I was checking the pics out onTinEye too, but my limit is up for the day - you can only do 50 searches, boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

When I went to one of the (psychic) pages it said "under maintenance" though, so be quick boards sleuths!

Last but not least

Zandalee comes from Flickr

I also noticed alot of profiles when I clicked on them had their pics removed, so best to take a snapshot of the ones quickly.

I should also add a good chunk of photos I didn't post up lead me to Facebook accounts. Ones I assume are bot accounts from their low friends and generic info.

I imagine another chunk of those photos are just random photos of dead people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Oh the hooers better not remove the images now they've been rumbled! Well I think we have enough evidence, those stock photos have been in video for however long they've been broadcasting if they do change the website. I'm going to go to bed but it's been a pleasure uncovering a scam with you. Going to start preparing my complaint tomorrow/Monday and hopefully get this scum off the air. Thanks everyone who found a "psychic" online somewhere else, you've been excellent and hopefully your work will pay off soon.

Night guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Brian017

Makes you think about putting your pics up on Facebook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Last but not least

Zandalee comes from Flickr

I also noticed alot of profiles when I clicked on them had their pics removed, so best to take a snapshot of the ones quickly.

the flickr photo is marked as 'all rights reserved', the photo is of the flickr account owner, she could seek a fee for the unlawful use of her image(unless she is the same person as the 'psychic'!)

Knackered now have copy of the obvious stocks stored locally plus screen shots of the 20 pages of psychics will match with stocks later. Dont know if me but did pics change or disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Fools and there money are easily parted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Has anyone thought about the possibility that maybe, just maybe, these psychics are making some extra money on the side by selling their image rights to stock photo images. Every single one of them.

What's wrong with you people?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

telekon wrote: »
    Has anyone thought about the possibility that maybe, just maybe, these psychics are making some extra money on the side by selling their image rights to stock photo images. Every single one of them.

I know you're only messing but I think I'll address this just in case that's what they say.

If they are doing this, why would they use the very stock image they are selling as their own? Surely if they're photogenic enough to sell photos of themselves, it'd be no hassle to take another one for the purposes of this psychic show. It's all looking a bit sketchy.

Also, Duggy, you're my hero, along with anyone else that found any stock images. :D

I assume the people uploading the videos to Youtube have kept local copies on their computers? I'm no psychic but I'm sensing that once we put the pressure on they'll start issuing take down notices. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭squonk

telekon wrote: »

The odds are extremely low I'd think. Besides, if you do that you have photos of yourself that are free so why pay for stock ones?

I had a theory that these were avatars favoured by a few psychics. I was giving the benefi of the doubt but this is far more prevalent and co-ordinated.

More insidious is that a lot of the images are of attractive people, though I can comment only on the ladies, and so aside from psychic readings, theyre also tapping into human attraction to generate calls. Total sleaze bags.

There's another photo that comes to mind too that has to be fake. It's a black or Asian woman holding up a glowing orb and gazing into it. I thought that might be legit but, seeing some of the stocks, that's definitely a stock too.

At this rate it might be just Starella, Robinson, Karmi and meth addict Jill who are legit but the jury is definitely out now on whether they're actually psychics. We should be sceptical I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

squonk wrote: »

More insidious is that a lot of the images are of attractive people, though I can comment only on the ladies, and so aside from psychic readings, theyre also tapping into human attraction to generate calls. Total sleaze bags.

So it is a pawn show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

The way I look at this is , TV3 have no real involvement in what's happening.

Psychic Readings Live are just buying 2 hours of airtime as an advert, just like Play TV was.

However, it is clear from last night on here, that the use of stock images, suggesting a person can talk to this person is a blatant example of false advertising or misleading advertising.

I think the following people should be contacted before going to BAI/TV3

National Consumer Agency
    4 Harcourt Road
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Opening Hours:- Lines open Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
    Tel:(01) 402 5555
    Locall:1890 432 432
    Fax:(01) 402 5501
    Homepage: http://www.nca.ie/
    Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland
    Ferry House
    48 Lower Mount Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Tel:+353 (0)1 613 7040
    Fax:+353 (0)1 613 7043
    Homepage: http://www.asai.ie
    Email: info@asai.ie
    Commission for Communications Regulation
    Block DEF
    Abbey Court
    Irish Life Centre
    Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 1
    Ireland
    Tel:(01) 804 9668
    Locall:1890 229 668
    Fax:(01) 804 9680
    Homepage: http://www.askcomreg.ie/
    Email: consumerline@comreg.ie
    (NUmbers Taken from - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumer_advertising.html)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭squonk

Good idea James. Is there anyway we can get these stock images And the psychics use of them on here? I'd like to be able to point out some examples when contacting these agencies. for the TV three contact, some evidence would be good. If enough complaints are made by people with verifiable evidence, then the matter has to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Simply0

I had a tweet about this guy and watched it last night until my stomach could take no more ! didn't take long.

This shameful exploitation of vulnerable people (not fools as a previous poster said) just vulnerable.

Sadly the only way this will be stopped is if it starts to cost TV3 money, one way to do this is to stop buying advertisers products and protest to advertisers that they support this exploitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

the flickr photo is marked as 'all rights reserved', the photo is of the flickr account owner, she could seek a fee for the unlawful use of her image(unless she is the same person as the 'psychic'!)

what a$s holes, ripping someone else picture and passing them off as one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

Just a quick message to thank all of you for escalating this and keeping it alive. I have a good feeling, following the stock images revelation, that this show is not long for this world, in Ireland at least. Thanks again to you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Well done to everyone on here for exposing the fakes on here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement