Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most insulting thing anybody has every said to you in your life?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Whats the most insulting thing anybody has every said to you in your life?

An idiot once tried to tell me that we evolved from monkeys, yes I know, quite laughable really. Yet strangely enough, he did look like a bit of an ape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

An idiot once tried to tell me that we evolved from monkeys, yes I know, quite laughable really. Yet strangely enough, he did look like a bit of an ape.

An idiot once tried to tell me that we were created divinely, yes I know, quite laughable really. Yet strangely enough, he did look like a bit of a paedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

take yer pick.......

'She has such a pretty face....its a shame about the rest of her' (said by a friend of my fathers to him when I was a shy, impressionable, overweight 16yr old)

'on a scale of 1 to 10 your childs father is at least 5 points ahead of you looks wise'
    'you have to accept the fact that any man who would be interested in you either has to have a mental illness, be gay or have serious mammy issues'

(those 2 said by someone I was once close friends with, needless to say I parted company from that very toxic friendship)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

two come to mind.

1/ You got a really big head

2/ Get of the field your ****ing useless

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gavinwavin

Jester252 wrote: »
    had someone call me a bastard a few mouths after my dad died. What was worse is that they failed to see the problem.

I fail to see the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

An idiot once tried to tell me that we were created divinely, yes I know, quite laughable really. Yet strangely enough, he did look like a bit of a paedo.

An idiot thought I was religious and predictably tried to copy a post I once made. Was it insulting?.....No, not really. Pathetic?.......Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I used to work in a fairly small and financially unsuccessful gym which was under trouble with our mortgage payments. Myself and the other members had to raise €50,000 in less than thirty days to cover the mortgage. A very cute attorney was sent around to investigate our financial records at the time and I developed quite a relationship with her. She was employed in attempt to find a solution to our financial trouble before our gym would be subsequently shut down and converted into one of the bigger franchise gyms. I fell in love with her pretty hard.

Anyway we had to play dodgeball to raise the €50,000 and our coach Patches O'Houlihan gave us the following insulting pep talk during the half-time of the big dodgeball tournament, "Will someone please catch a goddamn ball? It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to f*ck a doorknob out there!". I was extremely insulted!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

I used to go to a local gym on the mens night and my wife went on the ladies nights,
    I got to know a few of the girls that came in to do mixed arobics on the fella's night and my wife would have known the same girls from her nights,
    she told them that she was married to a guy who used the gym, but the other girls didn't know my name so they couldn't place me.
    One night there was drinks after the girls night in a local booser for somebodys birthday and I went with my wife, we went over to the girls from
    the arobics and my wife said, this is my husband do you know him now and one of them go's "HIM" and with a big disgusted look walks off,
    Now I know I'm no brad pitt but I didn't think I was that bad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Got called shallow while using a certain mobile app.

Normally this wouldn't bother me but it came from this guy...

Look familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I used to go to a local gym on the mens night and my wife went on the ladies nights,
    I got to know a few of the girls that came in to do mixed arobics on the fella's night and my wife would have known the same girls from her nights,
    she told them that she was married to a guy who used the gym, but the other girls didn't know my name so they couldn't place me.
    One night there was drinks after the girls night in a local booser for somebodys birthday and I went with my wife, we went over to the girls from
    the arobics and my wife said, this is my husband do you know him now and one of them go's "HIM" and with a big disgusted look walks off,
    Now I know I'm no brad pitt but I didn't think I was that bad....

Maybe she liked you and was disappointed when your wife showed the girls the husband was you? I dont see how the way that happened meant she thought you were ugly..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

An idiot thought I was religious and predictably tried to copy a post I once made. Was it insulting?.....No, not really. Pathetic?.......Oh yes.

An idiot called me pathetic. Irony amused me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Him
    "your British aren't you?"

me
    No I'm Irish.

Him
    "it's the same thing isn't it"

Can't type what I said next but it wasn't family viewing :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 KiethM89

I was walking with my dog called Paddy with my girlfriend Susan. I met my friend Peter on the way and he said to me "I see you're walking your dog", then looked down and said, "Oh, I see Paddy is with you too" ... he got a black eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

A guy who I didn't have any trust in once told me I was very niaive, and I believed him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

"I bet you're from Cork ......... I always recognise the accent"!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Maybe she liked you and was disappointed when your wife showed the girls the husband was you? I dont see how the way that happened meant she thought you were ugly..
    No , it was definitely a, what are you doing with him, you could do a lot better look. ah well, we're maried 25 years this year, so what did she know..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Surely the most insulting ones are the ones you make most effort to forget as soon as possible? You can remember the incident, but successfully forget the insult. The incident can be safely kept in the long grass, without the words weighing you down. In terms of surviving life with as little bitterness as possible it makes most sense that way. At least I have found so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DeadbeatDancer

My mother was going through some old photos the other day and came across one of me from my debs five years ago and said; "Aw, look at ya here. Aw, I loved ya when ya were thin." She was deadly serious... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

In transition year when I was a major lardo, after a mountain hike a classmate who I considered a friend said wait till Al gets in the van (school van bringing us back to the school), it'll probably collapse.

I was sitting right behind him, he looked around when nobody was laughing, saw me and froze, have to say my heart sank and I felt brutal.

But sure what doesn't kill ye will make ye stronger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I was sitting right behind him, he looked around when nobody was laughing, saw me and froze, have to say my heart sank and I felt brutal.

My heart sank for you when I read that. Must have been so hurtful.

I hope he apologised :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

One day in french class in what i think was 3rd year the teacher told us to come up and collect a worksheet, me being lazy i asked some others on their way up cud they grab me a sheet, no one did. (i was hardly the most popular kid in school in those years :P)

Walked up to get a sheet and the teacher gave me a big smirk and said it was nice to see i had so many friends, followed by sniggers from the class.

Made my week

Advertisement