Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

Dev5976 wrote: »
    Thanks...didn't take too kindly to being considered the deliverer of the biggest lie ever on this site!

Charlie Rock is an excellent player and captain of Blackrock seniors this year. Don't think it's that outrageous that he's in a national squad. Sorry I got my ages wrong.

Hear hear fellows

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

Dev5976 wrote: »
    Thanks...didn't take too kindly to being considered the deliverer of the biggest lie ever on this site!

Charlie Rock is an excellent player and captain of Blackrock seniors this year. Don't think it's that outrageous that he's in a national squad. Sorry I got my ages wrong.

Sorry about that, no offence intended. Fair bit over the top!

FatFosi12 wrote: »
    Sorry about that, no offence intended. Fair bit over the top!

Hear hear to all

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brennanhuff

in my opinion blackrock are being written off far to early by the looks of things, one cannot simply base their cup predictions on the number of inter pros a squad has. blackrock have done enough to justify themselves as second favourites in this cup

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AhLeaveItOuh

blackrock have also been reluctant to release players to inter-pros squads. They definitely have a few non inter-pros players who are capable of playing at that level

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

jonjo89 wrote: »
    They only lost one game away to Terenure and did not have powerhouse Lawton at 12 and fleetfooted Tynan at 13 that day.

I thought Tynan was an out-half? Isn't that where he played last year?

in my opinion blackrock are being written off far to early by the looks of things, one cannot simply base their cup predictions on the number of inter pros a squad has. blackrock have done enough to justify themselves as second favourites in this cup

don't think many are writing them off? you can never bet against Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rugbyfan2012

what does everyone think of Pres Bray this year ? strengths, weaknesses etc.

what does everyone think of Pres Bray this year ? strengths, weaknesses etc.

Don't think they're as good as they were last year,had a couple of handy players in 2012. mind you Jack Keating,u19s rep on the wing is a serious specimen and very threatening. Watched them against Gonzaga in the quarter final of the league and they were convincingly beaten,lacked spark and creativity in their backline. Although that said should be a very good game against Kilkenny who have a very dogged teak tough side,battle of the packs I'd say

Don't think they're as good as they were last year,had a couple of handy players in 2012. mind you Jack Keating,u19s rep on the wing is a serious specimen and very threatening. Watched them against Gonzaga in the quarter final of the league and they were convincingly beaten,lacked spark and creativity in their backline. Although that said should be a very good game against Kilkenny who have a very dogged teak tough side,battle of the packs I'd say

Kilkenny have a number of representatives themselves, definitely will be a good game between the two. War of attrition, but I'd say Kilkenny have the better backline, with Sterling, Bailey-Kearney, and Williams all top quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Lad95

Kilkenny have a number of representatives themselves, definitely will be a good game between the two. War of attrition, but I'd say Kilkenny have the better backline, with Sterling, Bailey-Kearney, and Williams all top quality.

Was Bailey-Kearney playing inter-pros this year? I didnt see him involved with any squads? Definitly should be a good game though.

Hopefully, they can pull it together, I believe the majority of team are 5th and 4th years with 6 or 7 6th years not to mention injuries such Leinster u19 Cormac O'Donoghue

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GOKING69

Lad95 wrote: »

Was Bailey-Kearney playing inter-pros this year? I didnt see him involved with any squads? Definitly should be a good game though.

Injured his leg during Interpros. Just joined the thread there now. don't know much about Kilkenny. seemed to do alright last year? Always seem to be dogged. great to see they have some Interpros. Have to agree that rock could be dark horses.

GOKING69 wrote: »
    Injured his leg during Interpros. Just joined the thread there now. don't know much about Kilkenny. seemed to do alright last year? Always seem to be dogged. great to see they have some Interpros. Have to agree that rock could be dark horses.

don't be writing off Pres, underestimated team regardless of results but i suppose its the result that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

some very strong teams in the vinnie murray this year it seems ?

some very strong teams in the vinnie murray this year it seems ?

Gerards arent very good best team in there id say are Wesley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Don't think they are dark horses at all. They have lost one game all season. Would not be surprised if the bookies made them second-favourites.

Quint2010 wrote: »

Don't think they are dark horses at all. They have lost one game all season. Would not be surprised if the bookies made them second-favourites.

My mistake. Rock seem to have been out of the race early on in the past few years? hard to imagine they are favourites?

My mistake. Rock seem to have been out of the race early on in the past few years? hard to imagine they are favourites?

No they are not favourites but have a very good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BigboyP

Could someone breakdown the Belvedere Team for me? Ive been hearing that they have had close encounters with every team apart from Nure, Does anyone think they can put together a cup run this year??

Oh yeh does anyone have a link for Tony Wards Article?

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »

No they are not favourites but have a very good team.

*a favourite.

BigboyP wrote: »
    Could someone breakdown the Belvedere Team for me? Ive been hearing that they have had close encounters with every team apart from Nure, Does anyone think they can put together a cup run this year??

Here is Wards article:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/michaels-face-tricky-start-to-title-defence-3323153.html

The only Belvedere game I saw was against Terenure. To be honest they didn't look a bad side but I don't think they'll be a match for Terenure in the cup. Not sure how many players Belvo were missing that day but Terenure were missing 6 of their probable strongest 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RugbyMan10

BigboyP wrote: »

here is the link..
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/michaels-face-tricky-start-to-title-defence-3323153.html

Belvo have a decent size pack which isn't too bad but their backs won't be able to handle the Nure backs especially in the centres. They have lost as far as i know all their games against the big schools! Their Js are their best chance of a cup run id say

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BigboyP

Anyone know when the Official Odds are out?

don't be writing off Pres, underestimated team regardless of results but i suppose its the result that matters

Yeah I must say Pres looked very limited when I saw them v Gonzaga. Quite a small side for Seniors too, unlike past Presentation sides. But anything can happen a la Newbridge - Pres last year, last minute penalty etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

What does two years ago or even last year have to do with it. These teams change every year. Blackrock in 2009 slaughtered most schools but were knocked out by St Gerards in the quarters the next year (no disrespect to a brilliant Gerards side) but you get my point.

Yeah I must say Pres looked very limited when I saw them v Gonzaga. Quite a small side for Seniors too, unlike past Presentation sides. But anything can happen a la Newbridge - Pres last year, last minute penalty etc

What do you think.there strengths and weaknesses are in the team ? Very underestimated every year, no one really talks about them

are there any matches worth going to watch today?

are there any matches worth going to watch today?

league final between Gonzaga and ccr in donnybrook at 2 30,should be a very good game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

Yes pres have had a lot of injury woes over the years - last year's team had fantastic potential but for injuries: http://youtu.be/iv1JLQ37JqI

This years team has only four 6th years, lads who've played together since they were kids, but they're gritty and play with great spirit - I think they have a great performance in them yet (some photos from pres games: http://www.flickr.com/photos/breffni/collections/72157632162425168/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement