Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

does anyone know of any decent games this week, ie Wednesday or Sat? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

knightro wrote: »

Don't think there are any games this week as it's mid-term break

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Ireland schools v Ireland clubs at Clongowes on Friday? Should be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newtorugby

what time is that match on Friday?

can anyone please provide some opinion on the difference between a S winning team in December to March? ie, the level of team in December compared to March? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

newtorugby wrote: »
    what time is that match on Friday?

LB ref site have ko at 2.15 on friday!

Have the teams been announced yet? Or even the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

can anyone please provide some opinion on the difference between a S winning team in December to March? ie, the level of team in December compared to March? thanks

8 weeks of training should iron out any kinks

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Huge difference in the intensity of their game and the overall coherence of the team because any weaknesses will be have weeded out(where possible).

However with that said physically there won't be that much of a difference so potentially you could see a team give their best performance in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

A lot can change in the the 3 months and I think that teams can peak a little too early. I remember in '08 Belvedere got their arses handed to them by Clongowes before Christmas, but got their act together to beat the Kildare outfit in the semi-final. That's just one example that comes to mind, I could think of dozens more, but it's basically swings and roundabouts. The team that comes to their peak in February/March is far more dangerous than the one that's been at peak performance since before Christmas. At the moment it's advantage Michael's but I think by cup time Terenure will be running on all cylinders. Anyway hopefully we'll be treated to a real nail biter of a final that we haven't had in too long, just hope the draw keeps Michael's and Nure apart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

Any results in the Junior Friendlies?, St Marys beat Belvedere, Terenure Beat St Marys. Belvedere Beat Terenure, Belvedere beat Michaels. Blackrock beat Michaels, any other results?

A lot can change in the the 3 months and I think that teams can peak a little too early. I remember in '08 Belvedere got their arses handed to them by Clongowes before Christmas, but got their act together to beat the Kildare outfit in the semi-final. That's just one example that comes to mind, I could think of dozens more, but it's basically swings and roundabouts. The team that comes to their peak in February/March is far more dangerous than the one that's been at peak performance since before Christmas. At the moment it's advantage Michael's but I think by cup time Terenure will be running on all cylinders. Anyway hopefully we'll be treated to a real nail biter of a final that we haven't had in too long, just hope the draw keeps Michael's and Nure apart!

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Terenure playing Cresent Limerick tomorrow @ 2 in Terenure

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Ireland schools v Ireland clubs at Clongowes on Friday? Should be decent

Any word on how this game went?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

Oldboy 92 wrote: »

Any word on how this game went?
    Schools won 1 try to nil in miserable conditions was only 20 mins a side. Some good players on display on both sides. Very interesting to see the young Clongowes and Rockwell coaches in charge of the Irish schools. Both look like they are still in their 20s. Brave move from the IRFU!!

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Terenure playing Cresent Limerick tomorrow @ 2 in Terenure

any comment on this game? thanks

any comment on this game? thanks
    Terenure won 20 18 team made up of a lot of the second team

Mary's are playing Clongowes tomorrow, does anyone know where the game is being played?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Got a text off my mate who coaches in Clongowes there. Claims that the Final will now be played in the night time instead of during the day. Interesting move by the Leinster Branch.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Got a text off my mate who coaches in Clongowes there. Claims that the Final will now be played in the night time instead of during the day. Interesting move by the Leinster Branch.

Be very surprised if that happened. Dragging school kids out at night is never a good idea.

Anyone know what time the Clongowes Terenure match is at on Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Be very surprised if that happened. Dragging school kids out at night is never a good idea.

Anyone know what time the Clongowes Terenure match is at on Saturday?

Are Clongowes at home ? That'll be an interesting game to see.

Are Clongowes at home ? That'll be an interesting game to see.

Yeah I believe so. Presume it'll be a morning KO..

Yep St. Michaels College facebook page posted today the Leinster Rugby have announced that there will now be night fixtures in the Cup and there will be a separate draw after each round. Meaning no more pre determined 'easy' draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yep St. Michaels College facebook page posted today the Leinster Rugby have announced that there will now be night fixtures in the Cup and there will be a separate draw after each round. Meaning no more pre determined 'easy' draws.

Jesus that's a recipe for disaster. 'Night fixtures', aka Pre-drinks for the recent departures.

Also, I would expect the crowd size to significantly diminish for the night-fixtures. Which will harm the whole schoolboy tribal aspect of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Who are the most regarded players in schools rugby?

barring the legend that is Harrison Brewer of course.

goreyguy wrote: »
    Who are the most regarded players in schools rugby?

barring the legend that is Harrison Brewer of course.

In Leinster-Ross Byrne, Billy Dardis and Nick Timoney would be amongst the best.

Hagz wrote: »
    Jesus that's a recipe for disaster. 'Night fixtures', aka Pre-drinks for the recent departures.

Also, I would expect the crowd size to significantly diminish for the night-fixtures. Which will harm the whole schoolboy tribal aspect of the games.

I totally agree, what makes a schools match what it is, is the travelling support from the school, night fixtures will totally take away the atmosphere and enjoyment of it for the schools future team players.

fox_1973 wrote: »

I totally agree, what makes a schools match what it is, is the travelling support from the school, night fixtures will totally take away the atmosphere and enjoyment of it for the schools future team players.

Yeah don't know what the reasoning was there. Maybe they reckon they'll get more past pupils if it's a night fixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Yeah don't know what the reasoning was there. Maybe they reckon they'll get more past pupils if it's a night fixture?

Absolutely.

• Advertisement

Can't see this happening. Dragging school kids out at night? Doesn't make sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement