Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Had a yummeh lunch with daddy polloloca. :)
    yay for garlic potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ya it was,it hit the house the lights went and then it came back and then the alarm went off and we were scurring around looking for the code,at least were not flooded like those poor people in douglas and surrounding areas.

Very true, I've heard a good few places were flooded. We're just up from Douglas and missed the flooding thankfully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

someone else posted this but this is what it was like out by my place

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66% in History, 67% in Literature. Sh!t marks, but I don't care, I just wanted to pass. Combined with my assigment marks I've an overall grade of 69% for the year in History and 68% in Lit.

I can relax for the rest of the summer now, no repeats! YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Well done! :D
    Our house was hit last night by lightning and damaged our phone line :/

Jeez that must have been scary! :eek:

I'm in a really good mood today! It's my boyfriend's birthday and I'm getting ready to go see him.. :D

I went out for a walk earlier and lost track of time completely and realised I'd been walking for an hour. :D I went to the lake here and there are 2 swans there with cygnets! Oh they're so cute! I walked by them and Daddy Swan is very wary and kept watching until I was gone. I got a pic, I'll try to put it up at some stage. :)

Hope everyone is well today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am so exhausted. I feel like sleeping in the day is not as good as sleeping in the night 'cause I'm still getting the same amount of sleep, just not when it's dark but I always feel tired when I wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

:O :O :O

You need to play it! Try download it here

Buggar ya anyway, just spent 2 hours playing this, got nothing done! :o

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Very true, I've heard a good few places were flooded. We're just up from Douglas and missed the flooding thankfully

Douglas, Blackpool, Glanmire, Clonakilty all got very badly caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Passed ALL the exams! Woohoo! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Our house was hit last night by lightning and damaged our phone line :/
    :eek:

Sorry to hear this, hope everyone is OK and your house isn't damaged, least not badly damaged!
    Passed ALL the exams! Woohoo! :pac:
    Congratulations. :)

I made the lemon cake for the bf's birthday and it didn't rise at all ffs. I'll have to make a second one so I can put the jam/cream in the middle.

I also put some desiccated coconut into the mixture, hope it's nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@confusticated - congratulations!

On the train now. :) Fare has gone up again tho. Boo. So excited to see bf! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Last night/this morning I dreamed three times that I was being chased by people who wanted to kill/harm me. All different locations/situations/people but the same feeling. I know the first dream led to the following two, but it's horrible to wake up three times feeling terrified :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Neyite wrote: »
    I'd be up for this, as I am a laydee of leisure (lol) I would have to bring baby Oreo though as I'm breastfeeding him every couple of hours.
    Can we pass the baby around like pass the parcel?

It's so warm!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

might hide from the world and skip german tonight, go to bed with a book

so fed up and miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I <3 XxMCRxBabyxX for posting that link to Theme Hospital download :D

I was addicted to that before and was just looking for it online a few weeks ago and gave up when I couldn't find a proper download. Hurray!

Busy few days ahead. Just finished up work for the summer, gotta love being a teacher sometimes... :o

Moving house on Sunday, finally moving out of the ghetto full of drama and into the city centre :) Hurrrray! I'll be only 10 mins from Z's house rather than 25 mins drive :)
    The apartment is a studio so it's really really small but it's just me and my puppy and we're both pretty small so it should be grand! Anyways, the apartment was a steal! It's fully furnished (except for the bed I'll have to buy) and only about 5,000 euro for the year INCLUDING water, electricity, and full maintenance :) Z's mom found it for me! It's in a villa in a quiet area but walking distance to a mall and only a short drive to the beach area.

Can't wait for Z to come back from Wales on Thursday :o He's in London this weekend. I'm still pretty bummed I couldn't make it to Ireland with him in the end but inshallah we'll go together sometime soon and we'll plan it properly.
    He's crap with communication today though! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

In bed watching One Tree Hill, the older I get the more Peyton annoys me.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Can we pass the baby around like pass the parcel?
    What, like the music stops and he pukes on whoever has him?
    Yeah, he'd love that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Sure what else are you supposed to do with babies? My peekaboo is unconvincing.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Sure what else are you supposed to do with babies? My peekaboo is unconvincing.

So is mine. Babies mostly cry when I do it.

I currently have him in his vibrating bouncer. Anyone remember that episode of sex and the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Is 18:50 too early to sleep for the night

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I was babysitting an 8 week old baby a few weeks ago - we chatted about lots of subjects, from pokemon to composers to the fiscal treaty. It was a somewhat one-sided conversation, unfortunately. He liked my singing though, which makes a nice change :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Ugh, I really don't play well with others.

Also, really wish there was someone here to make me dinner, took all the ingredients out and then stupidly sat down and now I'm too wrecked to get back up. Need to eat though as I keep missing meals lately and it's starting to take its toll.

I was babysitting an 8 week old baby a few weeks ago - we chatted about lots of subjects, from pokemon to composers to the fiscal treaty. It was a somewhat one-sided conversation, unfortunately. He liked my singing though, which makes a nice change :P

Unfortunately for my son, I can only remember the words to "Soft Kitty" and that bloody Wi Max advert.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

A kind soul found my licence and posted it to me with a lovely letter

must ring and thank profusely later

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Neyite wrote: »
    Unfortunately for my son, I can only remember the words to "Soft Kitty" and that bloody Wi Max advert.

Soft kitty should be taught at anti natal (sp?) classes:cool:

As for Wi Max, mum sings and dances to it every time it comes on. She looks like a performing monkey:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd love to try and pick up the drums :D

wonder if I should do it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd love to try and pick up the drums :D

wonder if I should do it? :pac:

I'm a drummer and I say yes, you should!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ahh Chinese for the bf's birthday :D Noms!

........not forgetting the dodgy lookin' sponge cake I made for the bf for his bday. :D

I'm nearly afraid to eat it, as it's so dodgy lookin'. :D

• Advertisement

Ah, work. The internet is so speedy. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement