Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

:D:D:D

There's only one slice of cake left (no, I didn't eat it all), which I'm saving for later! I'll have it with the kopparberg I got in town :)

That looks delicious Jane, well done :D

Thank you. :o

I am proud of myself though. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I cut about eighty people off my friends list a few months ago, mostly people I met in Central America five years ago and haven't seen since, or people that I was in school with and never talk to (some of whom I barely spoke to when I was actually IN school with them) If I saw them on the Dart and wouldn't bother going over to say hello, then they don't really belong on my friends list!

That cake looks lovely Jane... I might do some baking at the weekend, it's been ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Looks so good! Love the drizzly part. I love lemony desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I ate squid today and it was yummy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Not a very long run, but glad I dragged myself out.. My whole body is exhausted now! So dinner and then off to bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I just watched a video of myself that was done as an advertising thing for college. Oh my god, my accent is hideous! Plus I really need to perfect my speaking skills. I have no idea why they would publish that vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

:D:D:D

There's only one slice of cake left ([SIZE="1"]no, I didn't eat it all[/SIZE]), which I'm saving for later! I'll have it with the kopparberg I got in town :)

That looks delicious Jane, well done :D

Thank you. :o

I am proud of myself though. :)

Recipe please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Zumba seems to kill me these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Recipe please :D

Darn.. Muffin got in before me.. :p

• Advertisement

This made my eyes well up :o

Delighted little Olivia got home, devastation for her parents though, losing a child must be the toughest thing for parents, I can't imagine the heartbreak and pain they must feel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165545/Olivia-Downie-7-flies-home-Mexican-clinic-die-Parents-desperate-plea-110-000-fund-medical-plane-answered.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I feel so unladylike in here. All the ladies bake on their days off to pass time. I'm tearing down wallpaper, painting, measuring for tiles, making people drill holes in walls for paintings/floating shelves, ect. As well as being broke, I'm turning into a man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I am actually going to kill the people in my german class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Playing Theme Hospital for the last few hours. I need a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

bluewolf wrote: »

what did they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Careful with comments like that!

A man was in court in England today appealing (for a second time) a conviction for tweeting in a similar tone to that. Judge decided he tweeted in a "menacing" and "threathening" manner at the initial trial.

:mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused: > pretty much sums up my thoughts on it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Okay i will hug them all in a friendly manner

Rant inc when off phone

I really can't wait to see my bf tomorrow, it's his 28th birthday and I can't wait to give him the cupcakes I made. :D:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Polloloca wrote: »
    I feel so unladylike in here. All the ladies bake on their days off to pass time. I'm tearing down wallpaper, painting, measuring for tiles, making people drill holes in walls for paintings/floating shelves, ect. As well as being broke, I'm turning into a man.
    I put together some Ikea furniture at the weekend, if that counts?
    I was with a guy in college who I'm pretty sure suffered from bloaty head

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Okay i will hug them all in a friendly manner

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This made my eyes well up :o

Delighted little Olivia got home, devastation for her parents though, losing a child must be the toughest thing for parents, I can't imagine the heartbreak and pain they must feel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165545/Olivia-Downie-7-flies-home-Mexican-clinic-die-Parents-desperate-plea-110-000-fund-medical-plane-answered.html

Read about this a few days ago, hospital were apparently going to turn off her ventilator because of the money problem with NatWest, the bank the charity go through. I'm delighted that they got her home to be surrounded by her friends and family, despite the sad situation :(

Is this my fault...? :D

If it helps, I'm the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Got my work bonus!!! :D

But that thread in AH last week about saving reminded me how rubbish I've been at saving this year so far and I swore to myself I'd save all my bonus to kickstart it again. Torturing myself looking at the ASOS sale and regretting my decision. :(

What's Theme Hospital?? :o

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Careful with comments like that!

A man was in court in England today appealing (for a second time) a conviction for tweeting in a similar tone to that. Judge decided he tweeted in a "menacing" and "threathening" manner at the initial trial.

:mad::confused::mad::confused::mad::confused: > pretty much sums up my thoughts on it though!

He was talking about blowing up an airport - and I thought that it was a bit weird, till I read somewhere else that he had sent other messages to his girlfriend that could be viewed as threatening, about hijacking a plane

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/nov/11/twitter-joke-trial-appeal-verdict

Punishment is a bit harsh, it is clear enough that it was a joke. Lost his job and has court debts of over £2000 now because of the appeal

This maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_Hospital

This could be dangerous for me!!! :p

so
    angry bluewolf grammar rant here we go

in german class we have spent the last 3 classes more or less (that's 9 hours) on reflexiv pronouns & verbs
    today's work in dativ means when you see i/you/him/her/etc you put in its associated word
    that's all
    you see a sentence with one blank, you read is it i/you/etc and you put in the one associated word that goes with it. there's even a little mini chart in the book with them all laid out.
    so at the end of class we do the "reflexiv pronomen in dativ" exercise.
    it's a letter, and all you have to do is fill in the little assoc. words in the blanks. no other blanks, no thinking, no nothing.
    apparently that was code for "hay lets totally forget everything we've done in the last few lessons and put in totally random sh!te!!! yayyy!"
    then what killed me was teacher asking "so is this dativ or akkusativ" "errr is it akkusativ?"
    THE TITLE OF THE BLOODY EXERCISE SAYS DATIV WHY DON'T YOU READ IT FOR GODS SAKE

i am not ranting about people learning at different speeds or not being perfect or anything because i make stupid mistakes too but we just did this over and over and over and it was the last of a few exercises and all you had to do was 1/ read off the chart and 2/ read the TITLE

it wastes time because then teacher thinks people dont get it and we need to spend more time on it when of all the difficult things we could be doing, well, this isn't one

*deep breath*

okay now i dont care anymore

it's ok, you can nod and smile and back slowly away :pac:

• Advertisement

:O :O :O

You need to play it! Try download it here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement