Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer - Revenue Commissioners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JOCDUB

I didn't but I know someone else who got an email, was becoming concerned that my application got lost in the post.

They should have received my application on the Monday, so they probably got a couple of hundred more the same day.

Must say i'm feeling alot better now, to know not everyone received an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I'd imagine Revenue will advise every applicant of their application status at some stage...

Has anyone heard of shortlisting for AO (ICT) ??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Zipppy wrote: »
    I'd imagine Revenue will advise every applicant of their application status at some stage...

Has anyone heard of shortlisting for AO (ICT) ??

I heard from a very good source that there were a few hundred applications for the AO jobs. Not in the thousands anyway.
    I also heard that they have finished reviewing these forms. I'd say they are finalising the process now.

I'd agree with the poster above, that people will be informed within the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 42 accountant101

Fingers Crossed and Toes !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Gary The Gamer

Anybody apply for the AP job(s)? It was a bit annoying having to post my application.

• Advertisement

Anybody apply for the AP job(s)? It was a bit annoying having to post my application.

Just the AO app myself. But I know a few who applied for AP. The AP comp is always a very competitive one.
    Don't know why they insisted on the paper apps. Could just be cost saving. No exams in Croker + and all the screening being done by Revenue - might save a few grand.

Hopefully we will get our good news this week :)

Good luck to all !!!

May the best man/woman win :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if we will be informed by email or post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 IFSC101

JOCDUB wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we will be informed by email or post?

I called the Revenue man power and planing division last week and thay told me that, I would find out by email, however thay also said it should be early this week so hopefully today some time or tomorow.

Thanks for that. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Yep. Just got an email about the AP interview, presume they'll be notifying about the AO competition today / tomorrow as well...

I understand for AP they had just shy of 500 applications and about 80 are being called to interview.

The suspense of it all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Just got a rejection email re AO

Hard Luck gingerhousewife....I just got Rejection Letter for AO also...wondering is it because we are women of a certain age... MATERNITY PAY

Ah well we'll have to just struggle on :)

Best of Luck to Everyone Else...

Interviews are being held between 12th Sept to 25th Sept in Dublin... I know a man that got an acceptance letter:)

Hard Luck gingerhousewife....I just got Rejection Letter for AO also...wondering is it because we are women of a certain age... MATERNITY PAY

It absolutely isn't because of that - you'd only need to look at some of Josephine Feehily's comments in recent years, and the gender breakdown of the top placed candidates in recent competitions to see that in Revenue at least, there would appear to be so-called "positive discrimination".

I've heard nought :confused:

I didn't but I know someone else who got an email, was becoming concerned that my application got lost in the post.

They should have received my application on the Monday, so they probably got a couple of hundred more the same day.

Must say i'm feeling alot better now, to know not everyone received an email.

just checking my email there and I never received a confirmation of receipt...I dropped it in personally....Hmmmmmmmm

Zippy I never got an email of confirmation, but I got an email today about an interview. But that is the AP.

I know someone else waiting on AO. Did you apply for AO or AP?

Zippy I never got an email of confirmation, but I got an email today about an interview. But that is the AP.

I know someone else waiting on AO. Did you apply for AO or AP?

AO (ICT)

Thanks, sure we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,646 ✭✭✭billyhead

Got a rejection letter myself for the AO comp. Waht exactly do they shortlis you on. Is it experience or qualifications?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Why do they make you send in copies of the form and then say you won't be getting an interview? Surely, it would be better to send in those copies after getting an interview invite?

FishBowel wrote: »
    Why do they make you send in copies of the form and then say you won't be getting an interview? Surely, it would be better to send in those copies after getting an interview invite?

:confused:
    I'm not sure whether your issue is with the form, or the fact that they ask you for several copies of it...

If it's the form itself, that's a very basic question; they know they are going to get more applicants than they can interview, so the shortlist for interview is based on the info in the form.

If it's the several copies issue, it's because the copies are circulated to a group of people (usually AP's for the AO competition, and PO's for the AP competition) who actually do the shortlisting.

So the simple answer in either case, is that the reason is to save them the time and cost of making copies, as they need them for the shortlisting process.

Just got a rejection email for both of the AO comps. Extremely disappointed and p**sed off by this.

Tbh, I really preferred to get a chance at the ICT one. Academically, I was probs chancing my arm a little bit for that one.

But as for the audit one, I really don't understand what they were looking for. Aaaargh, so bloody annoying. I know that to get through the interview process would have been another story altogether. But not even getting a chance to go to an interview is feckin frustrating.

Rant over ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

Still waiting for a reply for audit admin officer just wondering is likely to be email or letter ? Thanks

Still waiting for a reply for audit admin officer just wondering is likely to be email or letter ? Thanks

email...I'm waiting too....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rangs

Hi there
    I'm delighted to have got called for AP interview. Just wondering if anyone knows how many positions are available and where they are located. Also any idea how the interview is structured. Don't actually know anyone working in Revenue!
    Sorry to those that didn't get called for interview. Those forms are a pain to complete and v vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ellis1

Also got the rejection email for AO,

would love to know what the criteria is,

I am a qualified accountant and also did a diploma in forensic accounting last year which I would have though would be of some value to Revenue

I am a qualified accountant and also did a diploma in forensic accounting last year which I would have though would be of some value to Revenue[/QUOTE]

I hear you Ellis1 , i too am a qualified accountant with many years experience and i have a specific audit qualification.....Would love to know the criteria also!!!

I'm disappointed with the whole thing really...will we get feedback i wonder??

As regards Josephine Feehily's post to the Revenue Commissioners....she got this post in March 2008 at 51 years of age.....recession has hit since....... and if i was to guess they probably see women in state jobs costing too much when they get full pay whilst out in maternity leave/ so where it might not be in writing i'm sure it would be advised to hire men first!!! JUST MY OPINION!!!

Still no word........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..is this good or bad :)

• Advertisement

Rangs wrote: »
    Hi there
    I'm delighted to have got called for AP interview. Just wondering if anyone knows how many positions are available and where they are located. Also any idea how the interview is structured. Don't actually know anyone working in Revenue!
    Sorry to those that didn't get called for interview. Those forms are a pain to complete and v vague.

How many positions there are is the big unknown; lots of serving AP's have retired / will retire in the next couple of years, so there are holes in management structures all over the organisation. But with the recruitment moratorium the PO & Asst Secretary have to make a business case to the Board to justify the need for each replacement.

The interview will be with a panel of 3 PO's, and will be focussed on the competencies from the form; you'll be expected to elaborate on how your examples demonstrate the required skills to function as an AP. There'll probably be a "bad cop" who'll basically poo-poo some of your points to see how you react and can adapt your argument. There was a confined AP competiition earlier this year and a 10-minute presentation was part of the interview, but that was a 2-interview process, whereas this is just a one-off interview so I'd say a presentation is unlikely given the number of competencies to be covered.

Advertisement