Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer - Revenue Commissioners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaveatEmptor

I do not know anyone on the AP panel so cannot say.
    Cheers for quick reply. I made ap panel, but outside top 20, so not holding my breath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Cheers for quick reply. I made ap panel, but outside top 20, so not holding my breath!!

No word to anyone on AP panel yet AFAIK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

anyone made a reserve candidate for a position ??????

anyone made a reserve candidate for a position ??????

What's that?

The point of a panel is that there aren't necessarily positions yet - positions get filled as they arise, by taking people from the panels. Although the way things are nowadays, positions get filled as permission is granted after high level pleading and arguing the business case justifying the appointment of one person to replace 3 or 4 who've retired!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

I believe the rest of the AO Audit panel, 21-40, were canvassed this afternoon by email seeking order of preference, if any, for 2 locations:

Athlone and Kilkenny.

No mention of how many jobs in each location

• Advertisement

I believe the rest of the AO Audit panel, 21-40, were canvassed this afternoon by email seeking order of preference, if any, for 2 locations:

Athlone and Kilkenny.

No mention of how many jobs in each location

I'd be surprised if it's more than one each.

All that it suggests is that no-one (or not enough) from the top 20 expressed interest in either location, since they were both on the list of 6 locations originally offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skull_town

I got a position in the panel in the AO ICT panel :). Has anyone contacted the revenue or got any word on when they are starting to fill the positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

skull_town wrote: »
    I got a position in the panel in the AO ICT panel :). Has anyone contacted the revenue or got any word on when they are starting to fill the positions.

Have you heard anything yet about a start date in ICT&L?

Have you heard anything yet about a start date in ICT&L?

Nope nothing hopefully we get word soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaveatEmptor

Nope nothing hopefully we get word soon...
    Has anyone heard anything in the last two weeks?

• Advertisement

Yes i got word lastweek about start dates...

There won't be any movement on the AP panel until the new year, according to the rumour mill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CruelFox

Yes i got word lastweek about start dates...
    Before or after Xmas?

CruelFox wrote: »
    Before or after Xmas?

Before and its for the AO position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CruelFox

Any AO (Audit) people got start dates yet?

CruelFox wrote: »
    Any AO (Audit) people got start dates yet?

Yep, I've heard of specific people, places and dates. Looks like they're hiring a substantial tranche of the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sinar

Itchianus wrote: »
    Yep, I'm heard of specific people, places and dates. Looks like they're hiring a substantial tranche of the panel.

Any idea how far they have gone up the panel?

Thanks

Itchianus wrote: »
    Yep, I'm heard of specific people, places and dates. Looks like they're hiring a substantial tranche of the panel.

At the end of Oct, 6 locations were offered for AO Audit:

Athlone, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Letterkenny and Thurles

I heard there was only one job going in each.

Assuming all were filled, it leaves 34 of the 40 person panel still waiting for an offer. Hardly a substantial tranche thus far.

Itchianus - have you heard anything further?

At the end of Oct, 6 locations were offered for AO Audit:

Athlone, Dublin, Galway, Kilkenny, Letterkenny and Thurles

I heard there was only one job going in each.

Assuming all were filled, it leaves 34 of the 40 person panel still waiting for an offer. Hardly a substantial tranche thus far.

Itchianus - have you heard anything further?

Oh. I heard about 2 of those which are geographically close, and extrapolated up from there, apologies! There's more than 1 going to at least one of those locations though, so that's 33 left at most. I'd be very surprised if there isn't further movement on it early in the new year after all the blood has been spilt by managers arguing their cases for urgently needed staff...

I've heard of a few more AO Audit in Dublin jobs offered in the past week or so.

• Advertisement

I've heard of a few more AO Audit in Dublin jobs offered in the past week or so.

Any idea how far up the panel?

Also Anyone any idea how long the Revenue Garda clearance takes ?

Thanks

I heard today there's a bit of movement happening at the top of the AP panel, that a couple of positions are being filled.

Is anyone that has been offered any of the AO or AP posts an existing civil servant? If so does that mean you will be classed as a new entrant into the civil service because this was an Open Competition? Do you know how this could effect you?

Is anyone that has been offered any of the AO or AP posts an existing civil servant? If so does that mean you will be classed as a new entrant into the civil service because this was an Open Competition? Do you know how this could effect you?

If you are an existing civil servant you will NOT be classed as a new entrant, regardless if open competition.

Sinar wrote: »
    Any idea how far up the panel?

Also Anyone any idea how long the Revenue Garda clearance takes ?

Thanks

They wouldn't have made it too far up panel I'd imagine, as Dublin would be a popular choice.

Garda Clearance can take a few weeks and Revenue were looking for staff to start 4-6 weeks after offer

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iballpaul

I made the AO (Audit Panel) and was placed between 25-30. I got e-mailed previously about Kilkenny & Athlone and was then phoned last week to be offered a position in Dublin. This unfortunately doesn't suit me so I had to refuse. They have offered 17 permanent posts to-date (according to person who called me from Revenue) and panel is to remain open until April 2014. I think they are waiting on people to accept positions and submit proof of qualifications etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iballpaul

Sorry September 2014 is when panel is to remain open.

Surprised they made it to 25-30 for Dublin.

At that rate, looks like everyone on panel (40 people) will have received, or will receive, a Dublin offer during the life of the panel.

If you are an existing civil servant you will NOT be classed as a new entrant, regardless if open competition.

I hope that is the case. I've been told I am considered an existing civil servant but have been issued a new entrant probationary contract because it was an open competition.

• Advertisement

I hope that is the case. I've been told I am considered an existing civil servant but have been issued a new entrant probationary contract because it was an open competition.

that would sound right. I only read this last week on the circulars website.

I think there is a probationary period for internal as well and If the probation doesn't go to plan you get bumped back down to your previous grade.

Advertisement