Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your SINGLE favourite film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pros_medhead

Hostel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wijam

Old school movie would have to be The Quiet Man

Current I'd have to say The Shawshank Redemption - have watched that countless times and still find it a great watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

American Beauty, without a doubt. Never fails to move me when I watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Groundhog day. Funny, romantic and philosophical. I never get tired of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Trainspotting for me.Brilliantly acted film with some great characters and a fantastic story from Irvine Welsh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

FlashD wrote: »
    Did we have this thread before?

Anyway it's an easy question..... Raiders of the Lost Ark, i'm possibly the biggest fan of this film on the planet.

Humour, action, adventure, romance, horror, fantasy, exotic locations, fantastic characters (both good and evil) and amazing soundtrack, the perfect film.

Sorry off topic but i really hate when people say did we have this thread before.

Are we never suppose to have a discussion or a thread again about a topic if there has previously been a thread on it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Dog Day Afteroon..

the scene where pacino whip the shot gun from the box of roses..very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Ryans Daughter for me and the Alien and Terminator films.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 coll123

Inception - great storyline, and am obsessed with the score. Could watch it everyday and not get bored

New favourite for me, before it came out would have been a toss up between Aliens, The Sound of Music & Fight Club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Watched Goodfellas when it was on the other night and it just gets better, cinematic perfection with actors at the top of their game. "I ****ing amaze you" or "funny how? like a clown" that scene will be remembered for decades, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The Life Aquatic.

Wes Anderson is a genius and with the ridiculously watchable cast at his hands, culminating in a scene which is so beautiful. Love that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Watched Goodfellas when it was on the other night and it just gets better, cinematic perfection with actors at the top of their game. "I ****ing amaze you" or "funny how? like a clown" that scene will be remembered for decades, brilliant!

Amuse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

enda1 wrote: »
    Amuse

Fup! did i write amaze you? better lay off the beer when i'm typing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

A Roman Holiday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

The Prestige.

Cinematic Perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

KES and THE FIRM

plus GREGORYS GIRL...

mitch and match.

"2 days and counting..."

:)

Fingers crossed.

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

its a tie between citizen kane and carry on colombus

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

I do love Scarface but I just think all this crap on Mtv Cribs etc has kind of taken a bit of the shine of the film. Amazing film and I love Pacino in it. But some of the fanfare for it can be cringeworthy.

i perfer that other movie he made with brian de palma , carlitos way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

Blazing Saddles - a fantastic comedy satire with outstanding performances from Gene Wilder as the washed up gunslinger and Madeline Kahn as the Marlene Dietrich lookalike - "it's twue it's twue!".

Not an ounce of political correctness as you'd expect from Mel Brooks.
    Too many one liners and comedy moments to pick from - Mungo punching the horse out cold is always a classic. Deserves a thread of it's own to do it justice

Could happily watch it every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Jaws -has everything in the one film !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

I still find Titanic an epic film. I never get tired of watching it again and again. The sinking/flooding scenes and all the special effects in general were excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hart

Escape from New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

White Men Can't Jump. Must have seen it around 100 times now. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

12 Angry men (1957)
    I never grow tired of watching how Henry Fonda manages to de-construct the whole guilty verdict without screaming, shouting or crying.

Absolutely brilliant.

I also loved Jason and the Argonauts (1963). Just because of the skeletons jumping out of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Birdman of Alcatraz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The French Connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Paris , Texas

iIt completely changed my outlook on films. Before seeing it (aged 15 or 16), my favourite films were what a typical teenage boy would love - Die Hard, T2, Pulp Fiction etc (All great films btw) but this was the first film that made me appreciate things other than big stars, action and high concept plots.
    It was a simple story told slowly and deliberatly yet it gripped me as much as any other film I'd ever seen. Much of it's story was told through facial expressions and silence .
    I became so emotionally invested in this mans plight, desipte the film not displaying anything close to the typical Hollywood formlua for emotion.

I was truly mesmeiised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Some Like It Hot

Absolute perfection. The script is hilarious. The performances are superb. Marilyn Monroe is gorgeous. The music is great. I absolutely love this film

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

i love PLATOON, i watch it ever few years & love it.

closely followed by In the name of the father

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Princess Bride, Inconceivable but true!

Advertisement