Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I hold it horizontally with the air hole facing down and take a quick puff. If it gurgles then there's plenty of liquid for a while and it's not pocketable, if it doesn't gurgle then it needs to be topped up soon and it is pocketable. With a little trial and error you can also try it at different angles, starting at vertical and moving it to horizontal to get an idea of how much liquid is in there, i.e. if it starts gurgling when it's still almost vertical then there's a lot of liquid, if you can get it to horizontal then there some liquid but not much.

If it gurgles when it's completely vertical then there's too much liquid and it's probably going to spit some in your mouth when you try and vape.

Just don't exhale when you're doing this or juice goes everywhere :)

edit: fwiw I find topping the RDA up when the gurgling stops keeps it working the best with the strongest cleanest flavour, once I go below that point the flavour drops off noticeably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

With all this RDA talk I whipped mine out and threw a new wick and coil in.....hadn't used it for a while and Id forgotten how damn good it is.....clear tank on, 2mm wick folded once and 4 turns of 0.2 kanthal. Lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just realised something as the post came this morning and no clear body for the RDA was in it

it's just about a year since I got my first rebuildable, the rda. and it too didn't come the friday before a st patricks day which fell on a weekend, which means the bastard post office will be closed on monday

how can the same **** happen to the same guy twice

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR03QVKYn2nuQ98TLy0jhyhp0VQCQ552MKeWC1Ig9qO-mL9kn3Y

Bad feeling alright! Been there before....sinking feeling when you realise it'll be Tuesday before you get it....

yeah, was really looking forward to it and all

makes no difference at all to the vape,but tI was planning on lifting it up to take a vape and going "ooooooh" every time as I looked inside

• Advertisement

That's very handy alright. I find the vape a bit 'rougher' than the SS or raw or something but I think the airhole is a little small. I'm curious to see how you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

how can the same **** happen to the same guy twice

Aww. My heart goes out to you me.

had a very weird experience last night

brought the spiral out to a friends on a 650mah ego, with some ebaron lab cinnamon cookie and t-juice cubanito

it was actually fantastic. really enjoyed the vape all night long, it was smooth, flavourful, nice throathit.

not sure what's going on.

I made a nice flexible mesh wick for the RDA and its set up really well. The mesh can be curled around no problem by cutting on the diagonal and rolling as normal. Pit in some 8 months steeped cigarillos and its outstanding. Not quite as good on the Bulli but the mesh/RDA gives it some ooomph.....the Bulli is more mellow. Some fecking vapour off it too.

Little bit too strong flavoured for me, just a little. Is the VP a bit lower in flavour?

No... It's a stronger flavour, but a tastier flavour. Sweeter at the start then it gets a little bitter with time as the coil gunks or as the leaves steep.

• Advertisement

clear tank for the rda arrived this morning

it looks awesome

even without the brilliance of being able to see the juice in the tank the clear body with the black top and bottom caps just looks incredible

and positioning the airhole correctly is a doddle now

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

throw up a picture if you find the time

i tried to take one this morning but it came out ****e, and now I left the rda in carlow. i'll try take a decent one when i'm back in carlow wed night/thursday

http://i.imgur.com/gxucmgK.jpg

it's a little bit frosted, so you can't make out the turns on the coil or anything like that but it looks awesome and a nice simple way to tell the juice level

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's an RDA? That looks amazing.

Hmm I broke one of mine over the weekend and have to send it back to Clockworks for repair, I might get him to throw on a clear cover too while I'm at it.

I've had the clear tank for about 6 months and its very handy. Difficult to use mesh with it though. The mesh will melt the plastic side at the outside post if it touches it and its hard to not have it touching it.

I think the airhole on mine is a bit tight. That's why I'm waiting for Digby's feelings on that before drilling.....

I only vaped it a little, had to leave shortly after post came and my bulli is back working as it should so the rda has once again been relegated to miss congeniality
    i'll give it a run through on thursday and see how I find the draw.

stevenmu, it only cost me 8-9 euro postage included. he included two tanks in the package too, dont know if he always does that or if it was just in recognition of my brilliance.

I've had the clear tank for about 6 months and its very handy. Difficult to use mesh with it though. The mesh will melt the plastic side at the outside post if it touches it and its hard to not have it touching it.

I think the airhole on mine is a bit tight. That's why I'm waiting for Digby's feelings on that before drilling.....

I wonder is there any way of getting a tiny piece of metal like the regular rda body is made of and wedging it in between the mesh wick and the plastic body. just enough to prevent contact. it'd still get a bit hot, but not as hot as the mesh wick and not as quickly so it might save the plastic body

Maybe, kinda like yorself though I sometimes find the RDA a bit on the "Gruff" side compared to the Bulli so I dont useit as much.

aye
    im gona have a root around for a few more small thick elastic bands to use on the rda, see if I can use it as an out and about device without worrying about looking like I pissed myself. other than that the only time I'd use it is if I convince myself i've broken my bulli again and even then it'll only take 2 days for derra to bitch slap me back to my senses.

shame really as it is a lovely little device.

maybe if I had a second provari for it and didn't have to unscrew the bulli I'd use it more often......

Yeah. They are. They leak like pigs though.

I spent the whole weekend rebuilding Aga-S, RDA, Bulli and A7. Kept ripping them apart. And there was nothing wrong with any of them in the first place...

Drove to work this morning and ended up using cheapo Boge and cheapo tank cos of not being able to drip or having fecked up one or other of the atties.........and it was great.....just pick it up and vape.

I've a bridgeless upgraded 510 (good reviews actually) and a bridgeless 306 coming tomorrow. They'll leak like pigs too but kind of sick of all the rebuilding at the moment.

BV out of drip shields for the 306 so it'll spit like a tinker into my mouth and I'll end up back on the Bulli.....'shakes head cos he's seen it all before'.

It's all a bit of a vicious circle really isn't it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Yeah. They are. They leak like pigs though.

I spent the whole weekend rebuilding Aga-S, RDA, Bulli and A7. Kept ripping them apart. And there was nothing wrong with any of them in the first place...

Drove to work this morning and ended up using cheapo Boge and cheapo tank cos of not being able to drip or having fecked up one or other of the atties.........and it was great.....just pick it up and vape.

I've a bridgeless upgraded 510 (good reviews actually) and a bridgeless 306 coming tomorrow. They'll leak like pigs too but kind of sick of all the rebuilding at the moment.

BV out of drip shields for the 306 so it'll spit like a tinker into my mouth and I'll end up back on the Bulli.....'shakes head cos he's seen it all before'.

It's all a bit of a vicious circle really isn't it!!

I came across a trick a while back from the guy who used to do reviews on UK Vapers...Romastino or something. It involved a cone, an o-ring and a 306. You could easily get 15 drops in there with no leaks. It's a while since I did it but I think you stuck the o-ring over an ego battery, put your 306 on and then slide the cone over and away you go...cheapo drip shied and works great

Thanks! I was going to try using a cut condom from a carto on the outside of the atty and slip a carto tube over that with a drip tip in the short term but that sounds better.

If you're always using the Bulli in drip mode, how come you don't use SS with it?

Once you're set up, no taking care of it for a long time, no?

Thought about it but you'd have to drip right onto the small piece of mesh/coil cos I don't think it would be easy to get mesh wick with 'tails'in there? You'd be able to get it in but I'm sure it would have hotspots after squeezing it in and not easy to twiddle the coil when its all assembled.

Might give it a go though....

Unbleached cotton or jute yarn pressed up to the ends of the mesh?

That's how I use my RDA apart from the unbleached part (would also solve your plastic-RDA-SS-melt problem).

That is interesting alright....

by unbleached cotton do you mean the make-up pads I use to rewick the vivi, kanger, etc?

Bubba9 wrote: »
    by unbleached cotton do you mean the make-up pads I use to rewick the vivi, kanger, etc?

If they're unbleached, then yes... I use the normal ones-> white, bleached.

Some people've thought you need to wrap the SS around the cotton (hybrid-wick-OMG!), but it just needs to be touching off the ends, not running through the core. It'll wick just fine.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    If they're unbleached, then yes... I use the normal ones-> white, bleached.

Am using white ones...what terrible illness will befall me from using bleached cotton?

Advertisement