Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭clsmooth

How would you guys compare it to Deus Ex Mankind Divided so far? (A game that I feel is criminally underrated)

https://twitter.com/MrDelabee/status/1336867902234955782?s=09

These are some Mass Effect Andromeda levels of jankiness. Unlike that though, I think this will eventually be a good game.

As someone who has played countless hours of PUBG, this kinda stuff is water off a duck's back for me.

It also helps that I essentially got the game for free with a Cyberpunk Xbox One X, so would be less irritated than if I had bought the game on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

J. Marston wrote: »
    How in-depth, or shallow, is the character creator?

Well you can certainly add "depth" to your character, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would there be any performance difference on a PS5 on the internal HD vs on an external USB 3.0 HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

clsmooth wrote: »
    How would you guys compare it to Deus Ex Mankind Divided so far? (A game that I feel is criminally underrated)

Playing it last night, Deus Ex is what it most felt like compared to any other game. The combat, chatting, upgrading, picking up items and reading logs, very similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Playing it last night, Deus Ex is what it most felt like compared to any other game. The combat, chatting, upgrading, picking up items and reading logs, very similar.

How were the visuals on PS5?

Markitron wrote: »

Looks great mostly, definitely some textures that looked old and flat compared to recent big games like TLOU 2. Can already see where the next gen upgrade improvements will go and can tell it will be special but at the moment, it's nothing that puts me off playing or even distracts me from enjoying the game. Definitely glad I'm not waiting for the next gen upgrade as with my short playtime so far, I'm really liking it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks great mostly, definitely some textures that looked old and flat compared to recent big games like TLOU 2. Can already see where the next gen upgrade improvements will go and can tell it will be special but at the moment, it's nothing that puts me off playing or even distracts me from enjoying the game. Definitely glad I'm not waiting for the next gen upgrade as with my short playtime so far, I'm really liking it.

I don't mind the odd flat texture, its soft images that I just cannot stand. 1080p is a dealbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

1 hour 20 played. Ya I'm on Stadia. Looks gorgeous, running it in highest settings. No idea how it compares to other platforms but on my 55 inch 4K TV, I like it. Just finished 1st mission. The game itself has been fun to play so far. Handles well and controls feel sharp. Driving controls are the only thing that seem to lack polish. Steering seems jerky. But that's my only complaint so far. And no bugs I've noticed so far.

I ended up getting it anyway, not cos I want the game at all, but I was able to use my €10 discount. And with the premiere edition offer, I was able to get the controller, chromecast ultra and cyberpunk for €50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I ended up getting it anyway, not cos I want the game at all, but I was able to use my €10 discount. And with the premiere edition offer, I was able to get the controller, chromecast ultra and cyberpunk for €50 :D

That's exactly what I did myself, any idea when we will get a code for the premier to order? I'd say it'll be early next year before we even get it but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

They're pretty good for a PS4 game. Don't expect PS5 visuals until the PS5 version comes out.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

That seems to contradict a few other articles I have read, I'll wait for the DF breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've only really seen what has been mentioned on here and a bit on gaming sites and Youtube so I'm holding judgement till I play it tonight meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Probably 20-30 mins and first complete crash. This will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nobody talking about how it runs on the base PS4...

Because it doesn't run, it walks.

Watched lots of videos, read lots of opinions and apparently it's a shambles and not worth it on base last gen consoles. I'll wait until I get a PS5 sometime next year to play it, I think.

CDPR might lose their internet darling status from a few after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

That seems to contradict a few other articles I have read, I'll wait for the DF breakdown.

Yeah, i think it’s all over the place in terms of people’s opinions on how it runs. I’m still waiting to receive on my PS5 so might give this a go later on my base PS4 and see how it is. Sick of waiting at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nobody talking about how it runs on the base PS4...
    It causes the console to start breakdancing.

"Keep in mind, we're not DF and don't have their tools"...."It appears to be..." "It seems that...". Yeah, the DF report will be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

titan18 wrote: »
    Probably 20-30 mins and first complete crash. This will be fun

And another. Anyone in corpo prologue getting crashes at Lizzie's bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If anyone happens to buy it running a GTX1660 or similar, let us know how it runs for you

Runs grand on the this card, updated drivers this morning - fan is whirring at an average pace, using recommended (unchanged specs). No bugs so far, graphically Baldur's gate 3 looks far better in the character creator, however the open world (nomad starter) looks and plays beautifully in first person, and driving in 3rd.

Mouse sensitivity is way too high by default, that's literally the only thing i've changed so far.

So yeah, so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Aaaaand.... Deleted.

I'll come back when the PS5 version comes out. It's just taking up a stupid amount of space right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not got it yet, decided a while ago to wait for Next Gen versions.

But, what i am reading is shocking, really.

This game has been in dev for 7 years - they marketed it as a PS4/One title, they dev'd it as such and said that is what they were doing for the longest time. So how does it get released in this state on 'last-gen'?

IMO it always looked like a next-gen title, and I said when they first showed off stuff (saying it was console...) that it had to be next-gen but that has never been their messaging. Its poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

not got it yet, decided a while ago to wait for Next Gen versions.

But, what i am reading is shocking, really.

This game has been in dev for 7 years - they marketed it as a PS4/One title, they dev'd it as such and said that is what they were doing for the longest time. So how does it get released in this state on 'last-gen'?

IMO it always looked like a next-gen title, and I said when they first showed off stuff (saying it was console...) that it had to be next-gen but that has never been their messaging. Its poor form.

Yea leading up to this I was figuring this was a last gen game tarted up for next gen. After playing a bit it feels more like a next gen game that's sort of compromised if you try and play it on older hardware.

All the reviews are based off PC last I checked, some actual dishonesty going on here and not the kind that gamergaters go on about. I don't think the experience people will get from Cyberpunk has been quite fairly represented. The real reviews are yet to happen

Anyone order this from ShopTo? They charged me on Sunday but I haven't even had an email about it being dispatched yet

The Smyths order from Monday evening came through in work today.

So at least I don't have to worry about getting a second copy later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

If anyone happens to buy it running a GTX1660 or similar, let us know how it runs for you
    Runs grand on the this card, updated drivers this morning - fan is whirring at an average pace, using recommended (unchanged specs). No bugs so far, graphically Baldur's gate 3 looks far better in the character creator, however the open world (nomad starter) looks and plays beautifully in first person, and driving in 3rd.

Mouse sensitivity is way too high by default, that's literally the only thing i've changed so far.

So yeah, so far so good.

Same here on a Gtx 970 (and ryzen 2200g CPU which may be more noteworthy). I only played as a nomad up until getting to my apartment, about 45 minutes or thereabouts and have barely been in the city at all so not a real test. I just played on whatever the default settings were in 1080p since I only wanted to give it a whirl and head to bed... If I had left that apartment I would still have been on the couch at 8am! :o

Have the day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to give it a good and proper run then.

Only one bug spotted so far, where I could not scroll through the dialogue options. This happened when my controller briefly got unplugged (although it continued to work fine outside of dialogue options) and resolved as soon as I reloaded an old save, so not a big deal.

Also agree on mouse/controller sensitivity (though only using one stick rather than two helped a lot, quite a divergence from TW3 where using both a lot was recommended) though I've not fixed that yet, and shooting is very difficult/clunky but I'm more than willing to be patient there and hope it's part of the levelling process. Many times with RPGs you can get away with basically entirely ignoring levelling things like aim so given how well they approached levelling in TW3 I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Loved how the world is set, and they've set some areas/atmospheres fantastically. Had a mission that involved sneaking around a rave and it felt very real and visceral as you went from quiet areas in the building to closer to the rave itself. Definitely struck me as a good omen going forward, so we'll see.

Anyone able to claim the gog rewards? The main menu screen has a qr code to scan which opens a dodgy text message I have to send. Used the site address instead and waiting on a 4 digit code to be sent to my email.

Advertisement