Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I played for about 4 hours on Stadia pro, game looks great. One crash after prologue but other than that it's been great so far. Just wish I wasn't working.

Shooting is a good bit clunky however as has been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Male V is a Dubliner. Gavin Drea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So basically it runs like ass on a base ps4? brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is this likely to run ok on an rtx260 laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Basil3 wrote: »
    As someone who has played countless hours of PUBG, this kinda stuff is water off a duck's back for me.

It also helps that I essentially got the game for free with a Cyberpunk Xbox One X, so would be less irritated than if I had bought the game on its own.

How's it running on the One X? That's how I'll be playing eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The Smyths order from Monday evening came through in work today.

So at least I don't have to worry about getting a second copy later.

Was that a post order?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

ASOT wrote: »
    I played for about 4 hours on Stadia pro, game looks great. One crash after prologue but other than that it's been great so far. Just wish I wasn't working.

The shooting is actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Not amazing, but for an RPG it's actually pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Jumping back in for an hour on lunch break. Lads at work are sickened. One of the perks of Stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'd want to mod n' tinker eventually. Probably why I'll never live service a game I'd want to keep. That said my current stance is holding off on this one. Don't think my system is going to give me a good experience. My 2021 PC will handle this one, whenever I can bloody order its parts.

• Advertisement

I tried the below i found on reddit. Movement feels nicer but slower now to turn. Will have to fiddle around with the settings to find something i like.

"
    In your controller settings turn on advanced options. Turn your horizontal and vertical turning bonuses all the way to 0. This setting applies extra sensitivity when the stick is pushed all the way. It’s what caused it to feel sluggish and there’s no input delay with them turned off. Fees great now."

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Another thing which makes me lol about that GS 'controversy', people gave that reviewer heat for not crafting. Well crafting appears to be its whole own upgrade tree separate from a lot of other specialties. Not something fundamental to the game at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That's exactly what I did myself, any idea when we will get a code for the premier to order? I'd say it'll be early next year before we even get it but ah well.

No clue really, I hope soon though.
    Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I tried the below i found on reddit. Movement feels nicer but slower now to turn. Will have to fiddle around with the settings to find something i like.
    I can't play FPS with a controller anymore. Even slow ones. I just feel like one of those monkeys using the claw machine arms in an experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

And how many of those pre-orders would not have happened or been cancelled if it wasn't for CDPR's anti-gamer review restrictions? I've already seen dozens with PS4s and XB1s say they should have waited to get it.

Really disappointed in CDPR and in the gaming community for not making more noise about that. EA can't even blink without people like YongYea making a 30 minute video criticising them, but when it comes to CDPR...crickets. Mentions the console review ban for about 5 seconds in his review but with any other company he'd have probably made multiple videos about it.

Too many people afraid to criticise and lose early access to any future upgrades/expansions I suspect. They're all a bunch of frauds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Oat23 wrote: »
    And how many of those pre-orders would not have happened or been cancelled if it wasn't for CDPR's anti-gamer review restrictions? I've already seen dozens with PS4s and XB1s say they should have waited to get it.

Really disappointed in CDPR and in the gaming community for not making more noise about that. EA can't even blink without people like YongYea making a 30 minute video criticising them, but when it comes to CDPR...crickets. Mentions the console review ban for about 5 seconds in his review but with any other company he'd have probably made multiple videos about it.

Too many people afraid to criticise and lose early access to any future upgrades/expansions I suspect. They're all a bunch of frauds.

There are a few things at play here. The game entered development 7.5 years ago and at that time it was purely based off the last gen of hardware both on PC and consoles. As development progressed and it became clear that this would become a much bigger undertaking than originally thought, coupled with advancements in PC hardware and the reveal of next gen consoles, CDPKT took the decision to upgrade the game per say "mid production" to make use of the new hardware and next gen consoles.

I suppose what I am saying is that CDPKT raised the "base" requirements above what is really possible on the last gen hardware. I know this is a last gen game but its not really. Its clear even from DF video yesterday that this is a hybrid and that it is really more suited to PC, PS5 and Series X. DF even went as far as saying that this may well be the best looking game in terms of RT etc that they have ever seen. If the game was truly a last gen game, these features likely wouldn't be available at launch. CDPKT spent significant time going back over the game to enable these features.

It is one of the main reasons the game was delayed so many times and for so long, CDPKT themselves admitted that trying to get the game to run on XB1, XB1 S, XB One X, Series S, Series X, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and PC has been very very difficult. Ultimately the last gen of hardware is going to suffer the most and we are already seeing it at the moment, the game is running "OK" on One X and PS4 Pro and just ok at that. I can only imagine if you were using the original XB1.

Truth is, pressure from shareholders to launch and the very fact that ALOT of time was spent working on last gen hardware, they had no choice but to launch now, whether the game was ready or not. The business decision to cash in now on last gen hardware before 2021 when the vast majority of gamers move to next gen makes sense.

Future patches will make the game more playable across all hardware but I really feel sorry for those who have not managed to get their hands on a Series X or PS5 yet or who chose to wait until later next year to upgrade. It feels to me like you guys are being punished because you want to play a "last gen" game on "last gen" hardware. CDPKT have muddied the waters here.

We all followed like zombies to the pre order screen (myself included) because we hold CDPKT we very high praise, made even stronger based on the Witcher 3. So much so that they have made 450+ million euro in 24 hours off a game that has cost 110+ million euro to build. The game wasn't ready to launch today but I expect it will be alot better before Jan 1st. Is that good enough? I don't really know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How's it running on the One X? That's how I'll be playing eventually.

I'm actually playing on my Series X, the One X is with one of the kids now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've had 3 crashes so far this morning playing this. Starting to fcuking annoy me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ZiabR wrote: »

I have no doubt that within 3-6 months they will have ironed out all of the problems and the game will play very well on all hardware. The bugs will be fixed but there will surely also be improvements to performance.

My issue isn't with them biting off more than they can chew trying to launch it on so many platforms or being forced to release it now. I thought it was clear that my main issue is them refusing to allow console reviews because they knew what a mess it would be and it would cost them money. That behaviour isn't acceptable at all and there hasn't been enough noise about it.

They have a cult-like following for making The Witcher and being that small Polish developer that came from nothing. Everyone loves them, but f**k their behaviour in this launch window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Having played up to the 2nd chapter on the Series X, The game is a lot of fun for sure. I haven't run into too much performance issues yet apart from the odd freezing and minor issues but I'd be lying if I didn't say the graphics have been ruining the experience for me. It can get real ugly at times, textures looking like something from the 360/PS3 era and a constant blur on anything you can see in the distance. I've been flicking between quality mode and performance mode but haven't noticed any real difference to justify tanking the FPS for quality mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Lol this is pretty funny what I don’t get here is the double standards and how much people are willing to turn away for instance if this game had a Ubisoft logo it would be crucified everywhere and anywhere here thou people are much more forgiving
    They done exactly what Ubisoft did in e3 2013 with the watchdogs footage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

biggebruv wrote: »
    Lol this is pretty funny what I don’t get here is the double standards and how much people are willing to turn away for instance if this game had a Ubisoft logo it would be crucified everywhere and anywhere here thou people are much more forgiving
    They done exactly what Ubisoft did in e3 2013 with the watchdogs footage

I haven't played the game yet so I am liable to change my mind about this, but based on what I have been reading (particularly from DF), this scenario is nothing like Watchdogs. That version of Watchdogs that was shown off at E3 was pure fiction, it never existed. Cyberpunk does seem to look like that footage if you have a powerful enough machine to do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Funny enough I think the bugs are the least of the game’s problems - they’re the most easily fixable. The more obvious and concerning problem to me is that a lot of the gameplay feels rather flat and half-baked. You can see the ideas there, but almost as if CDPR never managed to push their design beyond what we’ve seen before. It’s still early days, but the novelty from the first few hours is mostly in surface level detail as opposed to anything more substantial. Like the setup for the brain dance stuff is immensely cool (dodgy flashing lights aside!), but then you’re just into a boring old detective mode when you start playing around inside them.

There’s a sense so far that CDPR never quite found a way to make their mechanical systems sing or interplay in a genuinely interesting way - that’s based on the early set missions and a few side excursions. Nothing you haven’t seen RPGs or immersive sims do better before.

Early days yet, I have to say, but so far it’s all been a little underwhelming on anything other than a graphical level, general city architecture / atmosphere, and the quality of the performances (writing’s a very mixed bag so far).

Watched it a few times now, I really really really hope this gets released on ps3 or ps4. I found a link to a freeze shot of the hidden message aswell but can't link to it on my phone. Im mad to play witcher on ps3 as well but dunno if it will ever be ported.

Safe to say this isn't one of your best thoughts
    Sorry
    Technically it did exist but only for PC. They downgraded to not make the last gen consoles look bad as it was later discovered.

My point is that version of Watchdogs was never actually available for anyone whereas that version of CP most certainly is. I'm not saying PS4/XB1 owners shouldn't be pissed off, they should, but it is fundamentally different from what Ubisoft did with WD.

Markitron wrote: »
    Safe to say this isn't one of your best thoughts
    Sorry

Imagine this on PS3 :pac:

Imagine this on PS3 :pac:

I'm fairly certain the loading screen would cause a chernobyl-style meltdown on that console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Varik wrote: »
    Screams cyberpunk badass.

535695.jpeg

Is that just an Irish lad on holiday?

Oat23 wrote: »

In fairness, I'd happily money into this even if I'm not ecstatic with state of it atm. They're a studio that will keep fixing bugs and they will keep adding to the game. Not many companies out there that do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement