Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Misses was in bed on the phone next to me. I was like: which Penis suits me better? I'll go all natural with foreskin and obviously crank that size slider to 11. My misses: Aaaa, jaysus. :D

So far on Series X it runs very solid 60 in performance mode. Happy as pig in **** hehe. Looks nice too.

No spoilers, but I just did training part and going for my first proper job I guess. Just having a smoke before I jump in back.

Yeh don't really want to post spoilers but cool the way Sinead O Connor features :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I assume the setting you pick at the start Nomad/Street and can't remember last. Changes the game?

I went with Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm assuming you have it on Stadia blockfighter.
    Can you tell me how it looks on that after you've had a chance to play? :)

1 hour 20 played. Ya I'm on Stadia. Looks gorgeous, running it in highest settings. No idea how it compares to other platforms but on my 55 inch 4K TV, I like it. Just finished 1st mission. The game itself has been fun to play so far. Handles well and controls feel sharp. Driving controls are the only thing that seem to lack polish. Steering seems jerky. But that's my only complaint so far. And no bugs I've noticed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I assume the setting you pick at the start Nomad/Street and can't remember last. Changes the game?

I went with Street

I think it only changes the prologue. After that once you get into the game proper it doesn't matter. That's what I've heard on podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beat the first mission, back at apartment, calling it a night. Very cool do far. Street Kid Female v is a badass. No idea on my build yet and absolute ton of perks to go through. All the systems are a bit overwhelming, will take a while to get used to I'd say. Only bugs I've seen so far is rubbish clipping through the surface it's sitting on and Jackie walking through an elevator door.

Tons of options in the settings, even how you want to skip dialogue. Can skip car rides as well, little qol things like that.

1st person was the absolute best choice for this, really sucks you into the world.

Ah, i completely forgot to sync my gog account for free items, just remember to do that tomorrow. I'm gonna enjoy this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

FOV on console could be better if trying to melee.

If anyone tries corpo start it seems short, compared to what they showed with nomad or streetkid start.

Really like the montages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Starts with nomad, feels kinda like Deus Ex, so good so far. Feels a bit floaty on PC using a 2070.

EDIT: DLSS to quality helps. Averaging 70 fps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nomad was short too but i'm still on the prologue.

you can pet animals. GOTY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Kinda regretting caving and buying it now. It is rough on PS5. It looks like a PS4 game; which it is.
    It's an interesting game so still might playthrough anyway and do another playthrough when the PS5 version is released.
    Maybe they'll do some intermediate fix for PS5 in the meantime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good 60 FPS for the most part on PS5, but definitely noticed some juddering when it finally opened up a bit. A little flat looking in parts (unsurprisingly for a PS4 game) but definite bump nonetheless and a plenty handsome game overall. 60 FPS makes a big difference though, and happy with that rather than fiddling around with PC settings.

Nomad path gets off to a pretty bland start, honestly. Uninteresting storytelling, tedious on-rail shootout, very generic ‘vr’ tutorial for the main mechanics. Some cool touches like a rapid montage to kick things into gear, but all very standard stuff otherwise.

Character models look great, and you definitely get a sense that this is a pretty different video game city when they finally take some of the training wheels off. Events unfold a level or two above you. Roads wrap and diverge in curious ways. The variety and detail of character models is nuts (if you ignore the dupes that start popping up :pac:). There’s a sense of sprawling, unorganised chaos to the place which makes it feel a touch more genuine than many games of its ilk.

Bugs, there are a few. A randomly floating car; characters clipping through each other; and most bizarrely my main, fully clothed character appearing bald and with only (and I mean only) a standard white tank top in mirrors / cutscenes. Not a super jank fest or anything so far, but rough edges for sure.

CDPR continue to be terrible at menu and UI design. An unholy mess here, not helped by this recent console trend of having cursor based menus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kinda regretting caving and buying it now. It is rough on PS5. It looks like a PS4 game; which it is.
    It's an interesting game so still might playthrough anyway and do another playthrough when the PS5 version is released.

I think it looks pretty good on Series X. I know its just piggyback ridding on xbox one version, but saying that the game looks rough, is a bit off.

Liking gun play so far. Feels good, considering its rpg, not shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Screams cyberpunk badass.

535695.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How in-depth, or shallow, is the character creator?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Went with corpo. Loving the vibe so far. Runs well on ps5. Looks fantastic at times, looks flat at times. Saw 2 very minor bugs so far.

Looking forward to a proper session with it over the weekend. Early signs are promising though !

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Well I put a couple hours in, so far I don't really like it much. I find it a bit bewildering, also it makes me laugh how people were making fun of a journalist for missing with their gun but then when you try the aiming in this you completely understand. It really is that difficult, it's very clunky.

At the recommended settings for my 3070 it pretty much never hits 60fps, but after a while I found myself fine bouncing between 30 to 55fps cause gsync manages to make it feel alright enough anyway. It can look very good at times, othertimes it can look kind of bad which I don't really get. I had to set DLSS to quality and leave it there cause it was ruining the picture more than a low framerate does. Definitely a new 'Crysis'

https://i.imgur.com/500sbQT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ok0XhT0.png
    https://i.imgur.com/VDCLCdI.png

Screenshots with DLSS and RTX

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Well I put a couple hours in, so far I don't really like it much. I find it a bit bewildering, also it makes me laugh how people were making fun of a journalist for missing with their gun but then when you try the aiming in this you completely understand. It really is that difficult, it's very clunky.

At the recommended settings for my 3070 it pretty much never hits 60fps, but after a while I found myself fine bouncing between 30 to 55fps cause gsync manages to make it feel alright enough anyway. It can look very good at times, othertimes it can look kind of bad which I don't really get. I had to set DLSS to quality and leave it there cause it was ruining the picture more than a low framerate does. Definitely a new 'Crysis'

https://i.imgur.com/500sbQT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ok0XhT0.png
    https://i.imgur.com/VDCLCdI.png

Screenshots with DLSS and RTX

Christ that 2nd Image looks stunning.
    I was dying for this game but hearing so many mixed things now.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

This is what I want to hear. ( I didnt want to hear it but you get my drift )
    I really believe they have over-stretched on this game. Im sure it was released before it was finished.
    And couldnt delay it another time.

Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Plays good on my Series X. Decided on the Series X over the PS5 due to free sync, as it will handle any frame drops.

Had one freeze so far, where the game froze for a few seconds and then it was fine.

Looks like the managed to iron out a bunch of issues for release, so that is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

I am guessing you're from Dublin ,no luck outside the pale with that :(

Germany these days. Got SMS yesterday evening to go to Gamestop to pick it up. Was a heavy lump of a box. 15KG probably.

A big figure, the game under a Plastic sheet signed from the team, big art book, some kind of tourist guide, and a bunch of smaller stuff. A steel book, a map, some world compendium. Also you get the soundtrack and some other stuff digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Ohhhh 56%......... Downloaded 57%.............. for the last patch on GOG before I can play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Left my machine on overnight to finish the download, and got up nice and early to play before launch. Seems like my machine rebooted at some stage, and the game didn't install properly. Verify game files, and 30gb+ still to download....**** sake, i've waited long enough to play this already! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Played the first 6 hours. So far its a fantastic game. Got some bugs in the training stuff but not many since, on the base PS4 BTW. gonna go get some sleep and get up early to play more.

You can pet the animals guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I found the gamespot review interesting as a general point that I always assumed in regards RPGs which is Side Quests > Main Quest.

Bit disappointing that carving out your own character during side quests has no bearing on your character in the main quest, so you're essentially playing two characters.

I know it must be incredibly difficult to deliver an RPG capable of that much freedom in how you develop your character, but I guess the hype got my hopes up that this could have been the game to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Played about and hour or so last night. Really enjoying it. Graphics are good on PS4 pro.

I haven't noticed any major glitches, shooting is clunky tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Any word on what resolution it is running at on PS5? I heard it was running at 60 FPS which tbh has me worried, I can deal with 30 FPS (if it is locked) but I can't deal with 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Markitron wrote: »
    Any word on what resolution it is running at on PS5? I heard it was running at 60 FPS which tbh has me worried, I can deal with 30 FPS (if it is locked) but I can't deal with 1080p.

If it's running on 60fps and is the PS4 gamecode you can be sure it's nothing more than 1080p I'm afraid.
    The PS5 version should offer a quality/performance option.

I'd much prefer 60fps over a 30fps 1440p game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://twitter.com/MrDelabee/status/1336867902234955782?s=09

These are some Mass Effect Andromeda levels of jankiness. Unlike that though, I think this will eventually be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played about an hour and a half of this last night and found it enjoyable, was on PS5 and the performance was good but I hadn't hit a crowded area yet. Story seemed to be dragging me in pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Gamespot reviewer somewhat vindicated today I feel. I'd only give it a 7 in its current state too.

It's not just the graphical issues and bugs, the story is messy. You get dog-piled with side missions. Random people ring you when you're talking to someone and V is like, "Who are you?" and they reply, "You don't know me but I've heard of you."

It feels old too. The VR tutorial that takes you out of the game, for instance. The way waypoints are used is dated too. Ghost of Tsushima showed initiative in world navigation earlier in the year. Now I'm back to yellow spots and dotted lines!

I'm putting it on the back-burner for now. I'm gonna wait for PS5 version which is what I should've done in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement