Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Assuming this post is not being ironic:
    7/10 is not "low".
    She did play the whole game...

Its low next to other reviewers and she said in an interview she did no side quests or no upgrading of the gear. Sounds like she just ploughed through the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Its low next to other reviewers and she said in an interview she did no side quests or no upgrading of the gear. Sounds like she just ploughed through the main story.

Seems a lot like reviewers were given review copies at the last minute so with deadlines and all she probably didn't get much time to play it, now they really shouldn't have released the review if the reviewer wasn't able to fully explore all the games systems but with the hype with the game GS editors probably figured its best to have any review out early than be late and miss those sweet clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the world is such a toxic offended place right now, im sure this game is great, when i finish Valhalla ill play it

the world is such a toxic offended place right now, im sure this game is great, when i finish Valhalla ill play it

The original pen and paper game predicted it :pac:

pzRLgYW.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If anyone happens to buy it running a GTX1660 or similar, let us know how it runs for you

1660ti here, so yeah, i'll let ye know in the morning if others haven't before then

Is there a difficulty selection? I've found other similar games have it so that you only really 'need' such things on harder modes, and we know journos don't go near that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not familiar but (ENTIRELY PERSONALLY!) I may have given that game less. A technical marvel and possibly a game that may go down as historic on that front alone (leaving out the beloved gameplay, story, etc) but it just felt so slow and cumbersome to me. Maybe I just wasn't the right audience but I usually love open world games and just couldn't bring myself to go invest in a camp that there's no real reward for, tracking an animal for God only knows how long, watching 45 minute* cut scenes whenever you kill anything bigger than a hare and on and on.

And when going for such an extreme level of realism and immersion, little things like somehow magically being spotted committing a crime when it was physically impossible for anyone to see/hear you, 'locked' random interactions and side missions etc (very much unlike many gta entries or witcher 3 where these seem so much more natural, organic and unplanned) really broke that same immersion for me. I gave it three proper goes and I do get how some utterly love it, but I just couldn't get myself into it at all. Now... bring on the hate posts!

* possibly a minor exaggeration. :D

Sorry for derailing... 5 hours and counting!

I actually rdr2 is complete garbage which is what I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

Anyone pre order from smyths. Wondering how they handle pre orders. Do I just walk into the shop tomorrow or do I have to wait for email/text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Today's 9.7 GB update on GOG seems to be taking longer than the previous 58 GB. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

RDR2 was amazing and is in my top 3 games of all time. But I know plenty who found it too slow paced. I did hate the hive mind law system though.

And if a review is reviewing a game, not to do any side quests in a Project Red game, then it should be ignored. Much more respect for reviewers holding off on releasing reviews rather than those trying to hit a deadline. Will be very interested to hear Easy Allies review when its out.

Anyways, cannot wait for Cyberpunk regardless. Not sure will I watch Skill Ups review tho :pac: unfollowed him shortly after his Division days as he had too much of SJW air about him. Just found him a bit of a sickner to listen to at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭brady12

I have this pre ordered with weeks with Smyths for Click and collect . How does it work can I go in at opening tomorrow and presume it will be ready ? Didn’t get a text to collect it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

brady12 wrote: »
    I have this pre ordered with weeks with Smyths for Click and collect . How does it work can I go in at opening tomorrow and presume it will be ready ? Didn’t get a text to collect it ..

Is your Smyths closed yet?
    The staff get the pre-orders ready after the shop closes, for the next day's sales.
    You should get a text and email with details to go and collect within the next 2 business days.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Are we supposed to watch a video on offensive, without irony, from a guy with a history of sexual harassment who cried buckets over TLOU2?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

brady12 wrote: »

I pre ordered with Smyths also, I just got charged to my card in the last few mins, I assume we get a text between now and tomorrow morning saying we can collect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Still trying to figure out where the negativity against the article was coming from, so I watched the video review on Youtube and that's almost wholly based on the text in the article too.

Then reading the comments on the site of the written review which are still open, I saw people either complaining about things she didn't say or totally missing the context on the things she did. Still confused.

Then I jumped back on Youtube and there it is, everyone's favourite bearded outrage merchant made a video about a Gamespot podcast she did on Monday where she talks about some of her experiences with the game. What he essentially does is takes a number of her comments from that video and, despite having her actual review open on the screen which he could have easily referred to for context, instead completely ignores it and proceeds to release a video which is chock full of blatant lies and misrepresentations.

Short version: Read the actual review to read what she said and ignore people whose business model is to make money by lying to people to make them angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gizmo wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out where the negativity against the article was coming from, so I watched the video review on Youtube and that's almost wholly based on the text in the article too.

Then reading the comments on the site of the written review which are still open, I saw people either complaining about things she didn't say or totally missing the context on the things she did. Still confused.

Then I jumped back on Youtube and there it is, everyone's favourite bearded outrage merchant made a video about a Gamespot podcast she did on Monday where she talks about some of her experiences with the game. What he essentially does is takes a number of her comments from that video and, despite having her actual review open on the screen which he could have easily referred to for context, instead completely ignores it and proceeds to release a video which is chock full of blatant lies and misrepresentations.

Short version: Read the actual review to read what she said and ignore people whose business model is to make money by lying to people to make them angry.

Relevant:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I already bought game and its preloaded. So I guess reviews will help me feck all and I can completely ignore the Drama.

2h 34min to go. Will do a few more jobs in Snowrunner for now. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well, I already bought game and its preloaded. So I guess reviews will help me feck all and I can completely ignore the Drama.

2h 34min to go. Will do a few more jobs in Snowrunner for now. :D

Snowrunner is a fun game, you could do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Feel like I'm going to cave before midnight rather than wait 'til PS5 version. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

He’s the pied piper of misogynistic harassment campaigns. He puts out his rabid, outraged gibberish, and the army of rats steps in line.

Early benchmarks are reporting low FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great idea from them to have a streaming mode to remove songs that would cause a dmca strike but looks like a song was left in that could get you in trouble.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1336788550247976962?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are we supposed to watch a video on offensive, without irony, from a guy with a history of sexual harassment who cried buckets over TLOU2?

Yep and you're supposed to pile on with the rest of the hate mob and go and harass someone who reviewed a game while daring to be a woman.

Anyway from listening to the discussion on the Giant Bombcast and Waypoint Radio, I'm still very much interested in playing this but I think I'll wait a couple of months for a few rounds of patching to bring it up to spec. I'll be playing on an Xbox One X however and signs are that it's going to run well there.

The whole thing about it being a shorter game is definitely a selling point for me now though. I'm about 40 hours through Assassin's Creed Valhalla, feel like I'm maybe halfway through the story and starting to wonder if I really want to dump another 40 hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Been scouring YT reviews many years and thankfully never came across this numpty

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    Snowrunner is a fun game, you could do a lot worse.

60h in. Its amazing hehe. That concrete will not deliver by itself. Perfect way to kill some time before 12 hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The need to contrive made up agendas the reason behind someone having a different viewpoint to you is one of the more exhausting trends of the modern internet.

Perhaps, maybe just possibly, the reason why CP2077 is getting some lukewarm reviews on some sites is cause the reviewers didn't think it was a particularly good game

In any event who ****ing cares, there's plenty of reason to still be excited. DF called this the most technically impressive open world game they've ever seen (on PC). That CDPR have actually downplayed how good it looks maxed out. I'll be running at 30fps just to see what those visuals are like I think.

Advertisement