Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think you're spot on here, the improvements are definitely welcome. I haven't had the game crash yet, the graphics are brilliant on PS5. But the game is still clunky with too many systems, loot and menus. Even though I've played the whole game through and know exactly what I'm doing it's still cumbersome.

Majority of the missions, side missions, gigs etc are go into an area, kill everyone and grab the chip or hack the computer.

But I will say this, at its best, the action, voice acting, cut scenes etc are brilliant. Some of the best. There's just nowhere nearly enough of those moments. I'm still enjoying playing, and I haven't played the DLC yet which seems to be excellent. But I'd say in the current guise the game is a solid 7 and no more.

Yeah, I said it before but the gun disassembly for crafting components is just not fun. I feel obliged to pick up every gun I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Might have the same one. Got it during some mission. All other weapons as of now are below 100 damage. This is 322+, and sets them on fire for good measure. Whatever you're aiming at, and whatever is behind it, gets messed up.

I think I'm making a mistake of trying to average the perks and skills. I'm level 27 so over half way through, and basically have 9 in everything and 13 in tech. Still trying to figure out the hacking side of it, it's quite detailed and in depth and I'm not sure if I'm following. I also see references to Sandvistan or something and I've no idea how to get it. That and something else that starts with K I think.

The bugs are still consistent. Killed an enemy, turned around and when I turned back they were standing up holding an invisible gun. I was able to dismember most Limbs except 1 leg and the head..Happy out standing there.

But still enjoying it. When the combat works, it's good. Trying to figure out how to stop the enemies hacking me other than kill them before the hack completes. Not sure how far in I am, still in Act 2 I think. The main story is the weakest, but most the side stories are pretty weak too. And I hate you can speed up some conversations but not others.

Hopefully the continue to improve it but the announcement of moving on to 2 makes me think it won't get much more. Where's the damn flashlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have found myself playing through this again since the 2.0 upgrade on PC, will get the expansion at some stage but am really enjoying this again. There is just something missing though that stops it being a classic. Dont know what it is, maybe its the game world being sort of empty. Cant put my finger on it. Has the update 2.0 made a huge difference? Defiantly the leveling trees are better but performance wish I cant remember, I like it on the first playthrough but just found it sort of empty.

Decided to stop replaying the game and instead loaded up an old save from just before the final mission and decided to finish up all the side missions before getting the new DLC, have to say am really enjoying what I see now in Cyberpunk, seems a much better game. OK all the missions are sort of similar but would definitely recommend for anyone who has not pick up the game yet to give it a whirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

Phantom Liberty is good so far, but not great, more like more of the same. Idris Elba makes it much better. The world still fells wrong, crowd is still bad, you can still see more instances of the the same character, with the same animation, sometimes even with the same skin in the same place. Sometimes they even walk past each other.

As above, still a 7/10 game, still a missed opportunity of making a classic.

I agree. It's far better than what it was, but it still needs work. On PS5 at least, you can see it struggle in places, like only loading 6 cars going either direction on the motorways and nothing for a few minutes then. Crowds and cars pop, and like mentioned above there's a lot of instances of "twins" with different names.

I'm also annoyed you can only respec once. Was gonna do it last night till I saw that warning. I get its to force multiple playthroughs, but once will be enough so gonna wait till I hit max and then respec. Seems my Samurai Gunslinger is not an option, so probably gonna go hacker gunslinger. Cripple Movement is needed for some of the enemies.

Went on a mad side mission binge last night. Not sure how far into the main story I am. Feels like I'm getting close, but god knows. Reeves really hurts it though. He just can't act. Feels like he's just reading the lines, zero effort. Everyone else is on point though. I will finish it, but it does need more work.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I think Cyberpunk's release has left it with a weird reputation where it's very underated on one side and massively overrated on the other. Has a kind of No Man's Sky thing as well with people insisiting the game is magnificent now because of updates but rarely any substance given as to why

It's decent, I agree with the 7s, maybe 2.0 makes it a 7.5. I think the perk tree changes and cyberware are really good now and are interesting to deal with. At the same time you have that Morrowind thing of hitting a power plateau where difficulty evaporates. But that's also the point I suppose (and you can set to v.hard mode, tho I think even on that it still exists).

The thing about it all tho is it's kinda just a looter shooter with some cool and narrative design, albeit with terrible pacing. But there's very little RPG to it. I play this game every time it gets these major updates and each experience has been largely the same. 2.0 is the biggest uplift, because the combat skill trees are a lot better. But it's still not an RPG imo, just a looter shooter. Very unreactive world, very lame attempts at aping Deus Ex with how they place vents next to hackable terminals. Giving a player multiple ways to solve an objective according to their character sheet is wasted effort on such level design, Deus Ex worked because it's worlds were massive and vertical. The levels in Cyberpunk are cramped and their solutions handed on a platter.

I've not played the DLC yet tho, and I also still enjoy doing lots of bullet time murdering. But 2077 is still the grandest example in AAA space IMO of an olympic sized paddling pool in this genre, even compared to previous outings by CDPR (look at how Witcher II's second act is completely different depending on decisions you make, really impressive reactivity there)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I kind've preferred the old way of leveling up skills in Cyberpunk before they added the update. Like if you used a specific weapon like a sub-machine gun or pistol you would increase the level of that weapon's skill, or if you did an activity like boxing you would increase your athletic skill and melee skill. It felt better that way as you were leveling up through experience. It doesn't look like you can do that now as the skillsets seem to be focused on Netrunning, Solo, Headhunter, Shinobi, and Engineer. I know the new feature is supposed to make things easier but the older version seemed more detailed and allowed you to hone your skills on a specific weapon.

Post edited by Riddle101 on

Another gripe. The final Delamain mission. I did it when it became available, but I was locked out of the option I wanted, needed 13 Int and only had 9. So I reloaded and let it off until I upgraded Int. Of course, I misread it initially and upgraded Tech, and when I did the mission again I realised but it now required 16 Int. So off I went doing other stuff, got Int to 16 and did the mission again. Except now I need 18 Int... I turned off in frustration.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's certainly not an RPG. Even CD Project seemed to concede this when they changed the marketing from RPG to "Action Adventure" before the full release.

Hopefully their next game is a return to form? They are making the right call in moving on from this title.

Do side mission ever actually end? Concentrating on side missions currently before completing final store line mission and they seem to be just renewing. Maybe its just me.

Yes, they will eventually end. Even the ones which appear to be randomly generated like those "assault in progress" kind.

Still looking great with settings cranked up.

Two El Capitans, one active, one in its usual resting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So I finished Claire's side mission where you compete in the street races and despite trying to convince Claire not to kill Samson she still killed him in the end. It's weird because i've done that mission before where I successfully persuaded her not to kill but it didn't work this time. Is there some kind'v trick to it? I am playing as the female V right now whereas in the past I played that mission as male V and managed to stop her so maybe it depends on the gender of V, or am I missing something?

There's 2 conversation choices you need to make in the second last race, something along the lines of "Are you sure it's murder?" and "I only want to win". Then you've to follow in the final race and convince her not to. Just did it myself recently. I totally didn't look it up when I was doing it.

Didn't want to upset the Starfield thread, if Bethesda made Cyberpunk 2077!

In other news, the Delamain mission now requires 19.... its gonna be 20 before I get to finish it.

Just finished up messing around with base game and finished of the main story line and nearly all side missions, etc. Really enjoying Cyberpunk and will get into the DLC sooner rather than later. It not perfect by any means but it's a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Driving is still trash, I guess that's something that will never be improved on further at this point unless through mods.

Gun recoil seems to be a lot more intense, although I could just be misremembering that. I'm sure I'll pick up a smart weapon at some point and won't have to worry too much about it other than sniping.

The new perk system is nice, I also like the way meds and grenades work on a cool down rather than having them take up inventory.

Haven't got to the point where I want to craft yet really so will have to see how that pans out.

Got through the prologue and one or two missions after, enjoying it so far

Post edited by EoinHef on

• Advertisement

Just stared the DLC, anybody else get a massive drop in performance and graphics quality on PC compared with the main game. Running crap for me unfortunately.

I maybe noticed some performance drops around the starting area and Dogtown market but also Dogtown is generally much more busier with crowd and environmental details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

For 2.0 and Phantom Liberty, I decided on a whole new playthrough (think this is my fifth) and I have to say, the new mechanics and builds are really exciting. They seem to have also revamped and relevelled some of the later enemies and larger fights. My full on katana build is amazing and I still haven't hit the DLC at level 40 / level 50 street cred. Though I do think there is more scope now to mix builds and go full Grey Fox from MGS :)

I'd love to platinum it, but its very grindy.

One of the downsides of not allowing more than one respec is im not at an impasse. I've Reflexes, Tech and Cool at 15, Body at 10 and Intelligence at 5 (was 18 before a respec). I'm level 47, have 8 attribute points available. But I don't know if I should max one or two of them, or bring body/int up closer to 15. The Legend level perks dont really appeal to me so im thinking of averaging.

I don't have the dlc, 50/50 about getting it. I know it adds another attribute category, but doesn't use the same points. Am I going to be missing out on something awesome if I average? Because average overall seems to be better overall? Haven't really seen anything need above 15 aside from that Delamain quest.

One thing I would have appreciated in Cyberpunk is the ability to negotiate contracts for gigs. Kind've like the Witcher 3 when you'd speak to someone about a contract for a monster and you'd have to option to haggle for more money. And the higher your reputation rises the more money you can negotiate for as well.

Also, maybe V's backstory also played factor in how you negotiated contracts as well. Like if you started as a Corpo then you are better at negotiating contracts and can get a higher pay scale for gigs even if your rep is low, and if you start off as Nomad then gigs in the city are harder to negotiate because your character is relatively new to the city and as such is treated like an outsider, but if you take a gigs in the badlands then you stand to get way more for it due to your Nomad roots and can even get a bonus like reduced costs on cars. If you start off as a Streetkid then have better recognition among the Fixers and can negotiate a decent rate for yourself while also being granted access to higher quality weaponry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There's quite a few decisions in this that lock you out of loot I'm noticing, a few missions from my first playthrough didn't give the same loot as I made different decisions in the quest.

I feel like the game has a lot more little secrets in it, like if you see something that looks kinda like a stairs and make you way up using the double jump legs there is usually something up there now. Might be a recording of a conversation that ties into another mission somewhere along the line, makes the game feel much more coherent for me.

Really enjoying this playthrough, well into the main campaign now, got a decent loadout and garage of cars, im going for pistols and snipers this run so putting a decent amount of points into Cool stat.

I feel like levelling is a lot quicker now, which is really good imo given the amount of potential perks.

Upgrading guns and cyber wear is a bit of a grind but I've some weapons that I haven't felt the need to replace for ages now so just upgrading them.

At its core a lot of the game is the same but the world definitely feels a lot more rounded now. Each area of the game has just enough depth to make it compelling , real improvement over 2 years ago

I ended up with 400k that I had nothing to spend them on. I needed tier 5 components but vendors don't sell components no more, and I wasn't interested in anything else. My cyberware and some weapons could use upgrading but I needed those components. Why did they remove the components from vendors?

The DLC was quite good in terms of story, even if a bit predictable. Made me make difficult decisions which I regretted later but I suppose such is life.

Have you tried Crafting tier 5 components? I've crafted a good few of them in my game.

Yes but I'm not getting enough this way, I only have enough to craft a few and for upgrading I needed hundreds.

• Advertisement

I've seen a few vendors sell them, but im at level 50 so maybe that's why. Haven't touched the crafting side at all, loot weapons have kept me going, and I picked up a few named legendry weapons ages back and they've kept me going. Don't see a need to craft, but im also playing on default difficulty so maybe thats why.

Seems you need to buy the dlc to get the next 10 levels. Mine hasn't budged from 50 since I got there.

Advertisement