Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nice improvement to tie the monowire to the hacking like lucy from the netflix series. Make it a bit more exciting, rather than either hiding outside jumping between cameras or running around from tougher enemies lobbing quickhacks like grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looking forward to giving this a bash again. Going in blind again, worries me that there's a "planner" for your builds, hopefully it's explained well in game! And nothing like a bit of Idris fcuking Elba to get the blood pumping. The graphics were insane in that cinematic, was like watching him live action. Which, I suppose with modern mocap/facial capture (facap?), the line is getting blurrier!

Thought the game was ok first time, not a massive fan but it was fine. I'll definitely give the new update a shot. Not certain if I'll get the DLC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I'll be doing the same, can always buy the DLC if enjoying the playthrough.

I enjoyed it well enough when I played it the first time but things like the perks/abilites felt very under developed. Looking forward to seeing if they have properly sorted that out.

Have they mentioned armor? Stats were OK but you character might end up in a mini skirt and a crop top as it could be the best armor you had if you didnt have sets😄

They added a Transmog/wardrobe feature to change what clothes looked like last year sometime.

Also for 2.0 clothes don't have armour other than adding mods to them.

• Advertisement

Google claims transmog was added with the Edgerunners update, so hopefully yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I bought this for a tenner from CD keys back when , and never played it, cant wait for this update to hit, looks like its finally the game that it was promised to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That cinematic trailer was incredible, CDPR definitely know how to make a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was hoping to get the patch 2.0 a few weeks before the DLC, but what can you do!

Fresh run on a new character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Advertisement

"looks like its finally the game that it was promised to be."

That's a bit too much to expect. I think you might have forgotten what they actually promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

finished the game on Series X but tempted to get it on PS5 for the dualsense. Does Dualsense make a huge difference in this game? Currently playing Starfield so will probably pick it up on sale either way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finished the game last October and got the plat and all, can I just jump back in to where I left off and play the expansion? Or is it better to start a new game?

The guns have a bit of freeplay in triggers right before it stiffens at the trigger point for the gun, lot of games do that but Cyberpunk goes further and after you start firing it puts a lot of recoil back through the triggers.

They also do it for vehicles, there's resistance for the brake which is realistic but they also add an effect for the accelerator which drops off as the car changes gear. You don't have a clutch to mess with but it forces you to ease off as the car is shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sounds good, might pick it up in the sales. I've no issue starting from scratch especially with all the changes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh boy, I got this on Stadia when it original launched, but said I'd wait until it was patched up to play it!

Can't wait to get stuck in :)

I'll just head on over to Stadia to make sure it's still in my library then!

What? Where's Stadia gone? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Reviews for Phantom Liberty are out now. All i've seen so far are very positive, notably with Rock Paper Shotgun saying "perhaps the best expansion pack ever made".

Damn, the dlc is getting hyped big time. Reinstalling the base game today to start a new playthrough for 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

2.0 should be released by 4PM our time seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭McFly85

Massively looking forward to this. For all its faults I loved my time in Night City the first time round, so looking forward to starting a new playthrough this weekend!

• Advertisement

I went with Fem V 1st time as Streetkid, will go as Male V this time as Nomad. Gonna miss Fem V, her VA did an awesome job and the extra quests with Judy were fantastic.

I'll definitely give 2.0 a go. Maybe pick up the DLC on sale whenever that happens.

can you start a playthrough of the base game and integrate the dlc into it midway through?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I believe so, and there’s seemingly an option to start at level 20 if you want to skip ahead. Don’t know how it impacts things like relationships and plots though.

And if you boot up an old save skill points are refunded so you can use the new system instead.

The expansion does sound interesting, and I really didn’t care for the original game. Seems to benefit from being in its own self contained area.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

I think so. And it might be the best way. I heard from a few sources that the DLC Story has periods where it goes "on hold" for a period of time. And wasting time by skipping time / resting and such does not affect this.

So if you have no side missions or anything to do in the mean time you're a little stuck.

Source: This reviewer here said he blasted through all the side missions in the DLC first and so when he went to do the Main Mission he was a bit stuck during the "on hold" periods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cJSdRbJxgY&ab_channel=NeonKnight

Cheers all,

I havent played any of it yet, so might dip the toe in the water with the base game first, given the amount of free time I have, its highly unlikely that I'd be anywhere near the branch point for the DLC by the time it launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Update 2.0 is out now, 17.5 gb on PSN.

Will finish up the Titanfall 2 campaign, and I may be picking up MK1, but im gonna install this again and hope I can stick with it this time. Also very strong words for RPS to call PL the best expansion pack ever made. Would not getting the DLC now make a difference? I intend to just finish the main story before deciding if it's worth it. Will one be overpowered if they wait? Seems like it's happening during the main story?

• Advertisement
Advertisement