Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Cordell

I only had Legendary/Iconic weapons and I wanted them all at tier 5++, also same for my cyberware. I couldn't find any vendor selling any component, looting and dismantling yielded too little to make any sense. There used to be vendors who sold components before the update and the DLC.

In any case I'm done at least for a while, got stared on Starfield, that will keep me busy for a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

been tipping away nicely at this, I've just done the 'walk the line misson', which seems to be the jumping on point for phantom liberty.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying it, despite its faults. I was initially a bit 'mid-maxed' with a spread of traits, none being particularly good, but I've now embraced my inner matrix, and have equipped a sandevistan for slowing down time, as well as body/reflexes/cool to allow me to wipe out groups with ease once my general stealth approach fails. I do miss my quickhacks though, although I never really felt powerful with them, the 'ping', and 'bait' ones were quite useful for covert movements.

Otherwise,

Driving - not awful, but not really engaging either,

Crafting - havent used it once, and I dont think there was even a tutorial

Athmosphere - I think its actually quite good, initally I thought it was a poor satire in the vein of a GTA, but in reality, its more akin to something like paul verhoevens style. Theres an edge of menace to it, and some of the sequences are quite grim (the farm, the crucifixion, the BD's, etc).

The acting varies from great, to awful, but overall, its solid enough.

Who knows, maybe i'll be tired of it by the time the credits roll, but so far, I've been having a good time. would agree that its a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This was my first playthrough and subsequent playthroughs.

LOL that's every open world game now, missions that are supposedly urgent are being sidetracked by fetch quests and ... romancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Was thinking there earlier about what it would be like to have a Cyberpunk Online game. Something similar to GTA Online where you play as a customized online character in Night City but with Cyberpunk features. Doubt it would ever happen as CDPR only puts out single-player games but it's an interesting thought. Could be as popular as GTA Online if done right.

• Advertisement

No. Save Player 1.

So how do people choose to spend their attribute points in the game? I spend points based on V's lifepath.

If my V is a Corpo then I usually spend on Intelligence, Technical, and Solo mostly, with an large emphasis on Intelligence. The way I look at it, Corpo V is like an Spy or Intelligence Agent. They have a background working intelligence for Arasaka so it makes sense that V would have high intelligence as it shows their ability to gather intel and get passed security system using netrunning skills. Also whenever I do gigs as Corpo V I always use stealth when doing missions so my Corpo V is sneaky as well making them the perfect spy. I spend on Technical skill because it indicates that Corpo V is resourceful by being able to craft and upgrade weapons which in a way is a good skill to have if you are a spy, plus there are a lot of missions where technical skills are needed for performing certain actions or gaining access to certain areas. Finally I spend on Solo because I just naturally assume that spies are assassins as well and I use stealth a lot during gigs. So that why I spend on those areas mostly, although I do spend on Body and Reflexes as well, but not as much as the other skills.

If my V is a Nomad then I usually spend on Body, Technical and Reflexes. Since V is a Nomad, body and technical make sense to me as Nomad lifestyle strikes me as being rough and on the go a lot. Having strong technical attributes seems necessary for a life as Nomad which would require a lot of resourcefulness, and the Nomads tend to be experts at tinkering and mechanics which are all related to technical. Having a strong body also makes sense as Nomads come across as tough people with good physical attributes and athletics. And reflexes I tend to focus on because Nomads are typically trained to handle firearms and weapons. Like with Corpo V I do level up Solo and Intelligence but only what I feel is needed in those areas.

If my V is a Streetkid then I spend on Body, Reflexes and Solo. Streetkid is a survivor so those attributes seems suited for someone who grew up in an unforgiving environment where survival of the fittest seems to play a factor. Having strong body attributes makes sense as I imagine Streetkid got into fights a lot and is probably able to handle themselves in a fight, plus they would have high levels of health and endurance. Reflexes because like Nomad, Streetkid probably learned how to handle weapons at an early age, and solo because Streetkid would probably be adept at sneaking around a lot and even killing whenever necessary.

So that's how I spend on attribute points anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Finished Phantom Liberty last night. The weight of the decisions has really played on me. Even though I thought I was doing the right thing.

The voice acting, everything about Liberty is just that extra touch of class. Really elevates the entire game. I could definitely see me doing a Male V and choosing Corpo as it's those are the two things I have left to tick off, either a full play through of the whole game, or Liberty again at the very least. Incredible. Idris Elba is the Governor.

I have to say, the female V actress is fantastic. The sequence at the 'clouds' club, where she discusses how shes afraid of dying, that resonated with me in a way I wasn't expecting. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I agree, absolutely phenomenal. I don't know how the male version of V will hold up... to me she is and always will be the voice of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It's a bit like AC Odyssey where the story plays through better as Kassandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm at end game, just the final mission with the warning to do. Completed all gigs, have a few yellow quests with the generic side mission blurb, and have about 60% of the NCPD thingys. I realise now at this stage, I've locked myself out of 2 trophies due to my points allocation, but I think I'll be able to get them if I get the DLC and unlock the extra 10 levels. One is the superhero landing taking out 2, and the other is maxing a stat. I'm 15 in 4 of them and 10 in body, with 1 point left over. Will be able to use 4 of the new levels to get Body to 15 and can max I think the Tech one (for some other trophy I think).

I wish it had more than 1 reset option...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

It's probably the first game that I've created a female character instead of a male in my own boring likeness.

The voice acting is phenomenal and really suits my Street Kid playthrough.

Also agree, that scene with Skye in Clouds is mind blowing, kind of hypnotic with the headphones on.

OK, so I finished this. Even did the 3 main endings. Yikes.... apparently happy endings are no longer wanted? I won't go into detail, but to say I'm disappointed by all of them is an understatement. Maybe they wrote themselves into a corner, but like RDR2 finishing the game made me depressed. Even the "good" ending. Another example of a game forgetting its a game imo. More reaction to come later once I'm not on mobile.

if you can avoid spoilers, that would be sound!

I've just started the expansion, I picked it up from its natural start point (without spoilers, after you meet Alt), the general landscape seems a lot more dense than the rest of night city, and songbird is a welcome change of pace. The initial sequence up to the point of the title roll was pretty cool too, kind reminds me of an 80's action flick,

For the endings I've got the best one and not really happy is that the one where

you drive away with Panam.

Is there any other happier ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

I think thats kind of the point, eventually Night City grinds everything down and there is no happy ending. The majority of the game deals with death, rape, violence etc. It would have been jarring to have a very happy ending, I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think the 'Panam' ending I got in my game was pretty optimistic and satisfying. Definitely bittersweet details about it, but generally felt very close to a traditional 'good' ending.

Not that everything has to be happy - cyberpunk is a bleak, ruthless genre, so having messy, flawed and even tragic conclusions fits the genre at large and the game at hand. A straightforward, cleanly happy ending would fit poorly with the world of Night City and the characters within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

DLC really is running poorly for me compared to main game, its actually ruining it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

That's the thing of cyberpunk as a genre though, there's never really a happy ending or one that doesn't leave the main character scarred in some way. Riding off to the sunset with Panam is probably the "best" ending because it's left ambiguous as to whether you survive or not, you're in head canon territory after that.

I've heard there's an alternate ending with Phantom Liberty but I know nothing and don't want to know nothing cos it's gonna be one of my Xmas picks.

• Advertisement

Im doing my best not to spoil so apologies if i do! I'm not saying happy, but something a bit better. The Panam one is considered the good one, but none of them felt like the while thing was worth my while. It kinda makes decisions along the way pointless.

The side stories were far better, and Johnny Silverhand is the single worst thing in the whole game. He ruins any scene he's in with his attempt at acting. It may have been better with a more competent voice actor, so maybe blaming Johnny is wrong, should be blaming the can't act Keanu. It brings my score from a potential 8 down to a 5/6 (if I was to score it).

I suppose its handy to write off V so the sequel don't have to worry about continuity, but a game like this deserved a big bang ending, not one where V is left to slowly die in 6 months regardless of ending. Even the Johnny ending, thought it was gonna end like that, but no, cuts at the best part...

Was happy to see Judy in the Panam ending, was surprised considering she just ups and leaves in the other 2. So yeah, the Panam ending is the best, but still not what I would consider a good ending.

Cyberpunk 2 will throw all the out the window now and have an ex machina moment where V gets a new body... but 8 think I'd prefer a new character at this point.

Games are forgetting they are games and trying to be too serious. I've also decided that multiple choice games are no longer for me. I'd rather be part of a story being told, ie: God of War, Spiderman, LoK, Immortals of Aveum, etc. Most of Vs choices didn't exactly go how I thought they would, so seems pointless overall.

They've definitely fixed the game, it's 100% playable and I only encountered 1 bad bug where V would die after getting into a car in one of the endings, but was easily overcome. It still has lots of issues, but none that will prevent you from enjoying it. But due to the bad main story and bad, imo, endings, I can only give it a 6 at most. The sequel could be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not sure if I'm remembering wrong but did the game used to be more difficult?

I'm playing on hard and I feel I used to go down easier when I first played it.

Then again the flow of loot is better so maybe I'm just better geared?

Made a lot of progress in the last week, getting toward the last missions in the main quest. I've definitely enjoyed it, probably more than I initially thought I would being I'm replaying it but all the little updates have combined well to improve the game in a lot of ways.

I actually find myself just running around built up areas on foot now, good amount of loot and side missions can just be happened into

I've noticed that Scavengers tend to speak with Russian accents a lot, does that imply that the Scavs are meant to represent the Russians in Cyberpunk? Certain gangs seem to represent a group of people in the game, Tyger Claws - Asians, Valentinos - Latinos, Voodoo Boys - Haitans, etc, so I'm guessing the Scavs are a Russian gang. I might be wrong about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

I haven't played this game but you may be right as they are called slavs in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Afair one of the random background broadcasts in Dog Town refers to a group of them as European visitors, so it is likely.

Just had a look on Cyberpunk wiki and in the trivia section it says Scavs have tattoos that allude to the Russian Mafia. Not surprising considering how utterly brutal the Scavs are in the game. I mean all the gangs are dangerous but the Scav take it to a whole new level by grabbing people off the street and cutting out their organs and selling them on the black market. Even V seems disgusted by them.

Been playing almost all Cyberpunk recently with the DLC taking me inside in the new zone but also doing some stuff in the old game world. My god the game world outside of the DLC zone is so dead, no NPC character around. Middle of the day in the city and no characters, maybe I have a setting turned off. It ruins what is a brilliant crafted setting and was my main grip when playing through originally.

You probably have the crowd density turned down. There is no lack of NPCs, what they’re lacking is diversity and realism.

Will check and see, its really the one part of cyberpunk that lets it down. Image GTA5/RDR levels of NPCs in Cyberpunk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

If your going by the romance options to determine the best ending, Panam ending is the best for Male V or female V if she chose Judy. But that doesn't apply if the romance options where River or Kerry, where I believe they only stick around if you choose the ending where you stay in Night City.

In regards to your suggestion that Cyberpunk 2 will pull a ex machina and giving V a new body, there is no need Phantom Liberty expansion adds another ending.

Advertisement