Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

No, V's story has ended, they need a new story and new characters. Cyberpunk 2177

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have had the last mission queued up the last few days, reckon I'll complete it tonight.

Although it did only take about 30hrs to get through the main campaign this time I reckon ill put the game down for now.

If I ever want to re-visit I'll grab the DLC but after playing through the whole game again not sure I'm in the mood for DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

I would strongly recommend the DLC if you enjoyed the game at all, it's incredible IMO. Elevates the game to an entirely new level and feels truly next gen to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Thats me done with Cyberpunk and the DLC, GOG saying 115 hours played, have to say overall I really enjoyed this, even with its flaws its still well worth a playthrough 7/10 from me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The DLC does give the option to start again with a new character just as the DLC starts (or rather after the option to start the DLC appears - after the 'Transmission' main mission). Means you don't have to go through the early set pieces and questlines again.

Might be an idea for freshening things up in a while if you get the urge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm just finishing off my playthrough now, just got to bed Judy, complete Wakako's gigs for the sword then I'll start the DLC. Have really enjoyed this time round. I've heard the DLC is quite tough on Hard / Very Hard compared to the main game (though I think they have levelled enemies this time round so I did find I was getting killed a bit) so want to go in ready.

Between this and Spiderman 2, my PS5 is taking a hammering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

DLC story stuff.

I'm finding So-Mi very annoying in the DLC. Particularly toward the end. Betrays everyone, takes absolutely no responsibility for her actions and for that, I sided with Reed. And even at the end, still took no responsibility.

So I left her to the FIA. Good enough for her.

How the **** does one spoiler **** in this bloody update. Ugh. Finaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'm still bouncing back and into this with the mass of other great releases in thelast few months. One thing that really hits me vs. say Starfield is every character is one, they're not just vanilla talking heads to run the next fetch quest. V, the fixers, docs/vendors, quest givers and all the intermediary NPCs all have personalities that will affect you and are consistent/relatable. The spoiler above is a good example. You will make choices based on how you feel about the situation and characters, not just the loot or personal progression (I've just passed a similar point in the game).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished this over the weekend, and i'll echo what others said. Its amazing what this game could have been if it was like the DLC was. Great game

Struggling for something to play now, kinda burned out on Open world games so gonna sit on Spiderman 2 for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Beat the game last week, have to say Smasher was hard.... on well hard difficulty😃

Took a few tries before i managed to get him.

Decided for a bit of fun to mod the game, mostly cars.

Installed virtual car dealer and a few add on packs for it, means you can buy any vehicle in the game really from a computer terminal.

Added a few special vehicles as well, standalone mods.

Appearance mod menu is fantastic as well, can get in any vehicle and flick through the available skins for it.

Added the component vendor but tbh the prices are sky high so not as advantageous as you would think.

Flashlight mod too which is actually amazing😁

Added a car modification shop in as well, can bring any base game vehicles to it and get crazy upgrades, from tier 1 to 3. Can make any vehicle amazing but again costs a lot of money

Post edited by EoinHef on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Update 2.1 coming on December 5th

Travel by NCART metro

Travel around Night City with ease thanks to Night City Area Rapid Transport metro services. Stop worrying about the traffic and enjoy the view thanks to the 5 metro lines stopping on a total of 19 stations spread throughout the city. Service available only after V receives the text message from NCART.

Radio on the go

This one is for all of the travelling audiophiles in our community! We’ve added a radioport that allows V to listen to the radio while exploring Night City on foot or riding the metro. It comes with adjustable volume and it will automatically turn off when game audio is crucial — for example during conversations.

Hang out with Romance Characters

Spend some quality time with your special someone; invite your lover to your apartment to hangout and enjoy each other’s company.

Improved boss fights

We’ve introduced a number of improvements to boss fights, most notably to the one with Adam Smasher. It is now more iconic, as Smasher will better adapt to the tactics used by players, will be much more relentless and will use Sandevistan — much like he was in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

Attention all petrolhe… <ekhm> CHOOH2-heads!

We’ve got a lot of new stuff for all motoring enthusiasts out there!

New vehicles, including new motorbikes and a real classic: a cabriolet version of Porsche 911!

Replayable car races, available after the race with Claire is finished.

More immersive motorbike riding — including ability to throw knives while riding, leaning, doing wheelies and even flips!

New car chases — if you mess with the gangs while doing gigs, they might hunt you down later!

Newly opened highway.

Making Cyberpunk even more accessible

We’ve moved all of the existing accessibility options and added a handful more to a new Accessibility tab in game settings. Would you like a simplified UI? Or maybe larger fonts? We’ve got you covered! You can read more about our accessibility features here:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49591/update-2-1-accessibility-features

Radio on the go

FINALLY. I had gotten used to running my own Cyberpunk playlist in the background while on foot.

Fair dues to them. I mean it's not a No Mans Sky underdog situation but they have put in the effort and money to make up for the poor launch. Cyberpunk 2077 is right now while not necessarily the best open world RPG out there (currently replaying Skyrim for that thanks) a seriously good member of that hall of fame. A pity they had to piss all over them selves on launch and take 2 years to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yeah, kudos to CDPR for managing to resurrect this game and the company. Very difficult thing to do. This bodes very well for the next Witcher game. I'd say these guys have plans to be the next Rockstar or even sell out for billions to MS or Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I decided to buy this eventually as i felt now was a good time and wow what a game so far.

I will say off the bat only about 8 hours in this is so much better than starfield , yeah it took some years to get to where it is so im glad i waited..

My new PC is doing it justice too, full raytracing all the bells and whistles and its literally beyond phot realistic to the point its almost too shiney :)

Im running with a pistol and knife build so far and its a lot of fun.

As someone who is not into heavily narrative games the dialogue in this is actually interesting.

Im wondering if i should stick to main campaign or mix it up with side content, ill be honest its the combat im enjoying more than anything else.

Mix it with side content, you will be missing out A LOT if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Really took my time with Phantom Liberty to drink it in. Just finished it (at least my first playthrough) and I don't really know where I stand on it. Perhaps after some time I'll replay it again and see how I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Am I the only one that's not understanding why rideable trams/subways is a big deal? This and Star Citizen are making it out to be something amazing and I'm like... yeah, cool n all but I'll probably use it twice. Maybe I'm just not with it anymore... All the talk is making me think of starting it again with male V but gonna wait, either until the DLC is on sale or maybe in another year or two when the ultimate amazing edition is out.

It's a big deal for immersion sake, for example for the same reason I generally avoided fast travel in this game, it breaks immersion.

Personally I think it's something I'd use a few times for the spectacle and then head back to fast travel for the time saving. In the same way sometimes I'll drive, especially if it's raining, just for the view and some radio time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm very much at the point of the game now, where I've done so much of the side stuff etc, that I'll mainline the last missions in as efficient a manner as possible, driving from A to B for the umpteenth time isnt really going to add anything to the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So is it finally worth getting this game now it's been improved since launch? I see the Ultimate Edition is just under €40 on cdkeys (for the gog version) - worth a punt at that price? Is the core combat fun?

Well worth picking up in my opinion, I sunk alot of time into main game and DLC. Its just such a pity the game world is just sort of dead. Its what lets the game down for me. If game world was similar to GTA/Witcher, etc this would have been epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers @Glebee.

For those playing on PC - how does the driving handle with kb & mouse or do you switch to a gamepad?

It handles fine for a game that's not supposed to be a driving sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its grand, most cars are a bit floaty, so its hard to really enjoy the driving fast in a similar way to GTA, as your more likely to spin out, or knock down a pedestrian, which nine times out of ten results in an annoying wanted level.

Bikes are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Been dipping back into the game since tje update. Much better experience. Went ahead and started a new game. Whole thing plays a lot better. Still a few things that annoy me, but overall, vastly better.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im late to the cyberpunk party as i held off until i got a high spec rig and now i have to say is its a master piece.

The last single player game i bothered to finish was bioshock infinite way back as i mostly game for multiplayer but wow this is an incredible game in so many ways.

No doubt i wil get round to Phantom Liberty at some stage.

Advertisement