Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/25/square-enix-to-announce-a-new-console-rpg-that-isnt-a-remake-next-month/

New console rpg from square enix announcement in december , that isnt a remake

fabulous-kid-white-dance.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Square Enix has released their plans for the future and only Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are being targeted for the Home consoles so it's something in either of those franchises. It could also be a bad translation with consoles meaning the handhelds which could mean something new.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Huzzah !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would love for it to be Dragon Quest XI, but I reckon it will be Bravely Default 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    Would love for it to be Dragon Quest XI, but I reckon it will be Bravely Default 2.

Bravely Second has already been announced. Dragon Quest IX would be great but I'd rather see Draqon Quest VII get a release in the west. It would mean a commitment to localising more Dragon Quest games which would be good if a DQIX did get released. If it is DQIX expect it to be on a handheld, no way is that getting a home console release with the PS4 floundering so badly in Japan.

• Advertisement

Probably Nier 2 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love if they brought the rights to legend of dragoon and it was legend of dragoon 2 :P

Probably Nier 2 :P

Ah if only. Access games are with Marvelous now I believe and we did get Drakengard 3 so there's still hope.

I'd love if they brought the rights to legend of dragoon and it was legend of dragoon 2 :P

:D

ObviousTroll1.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »

ObviousTroll1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've been playing Persona Q (as I wait for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire to arrive).
    I've played a couple of hours of the P3 story and then 2 hours of the P4 story. I think I'll play the P3 story on new game plus. It's not bad, it's just I've played P3P 5 times now and need a break from the characters.

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/92172/level-5-to-announce-new-ps4-game-at-e3-2015/

Level 5 to announce new ps4 games next e3

exciting stuff

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/92172/level-5-to-announce-new-ps4-game-at-e3-2015/

Level 5 to announce new ps4 games next e3

exciting stuff

If it's a Hino game and we end up with another crappy Ni No Kuni then, no, no it isn't.

Looks like the Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon game is coming to the US at the very least, Atlus US have been pushing it in their newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not sure if really JRPG (but close) but Rune Factory 4 is arriving on these shores on the 11th of December, 3DS eShop only for €29.99.

Definitely JRPG. It's meant to be an amazing game, glad to see they finally sorted out the licensing isues that prevented the EU release.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Persona q or bravery default?

As an etrian odyssey fanboy I'd say persona q

both

Can only get the one. Which has better gameplay? Story etc?

• Advertisement

Can only get the one. Which has better gameplay? Story etc?

depending whether you are into dungeon crawlers are not , bravery default is like classic final fantasy

look on youtube for an indepth review , you be sure to know what you like by then ;)

Bravely Default, but both are top notch games, you will not go wrong either way.

depending whether you are into dungeon crawlers are not , bravery default is like classic final fantasy

look on youtube for an indepth review , you be sure to know what you like by then ;)[/QUOTEclassic ff?? Thats me sold sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is Persona Q a card based game and will booster packs be available, also Persona Q or Fantasy Life, should I get one or both?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Persona Q isn't card based, the physical release just comes with some tarot cards based on the ones from the game (each Persona has an associated arcana) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yay, Suikoden 2 finally coming to US PSN next week. Thankfully it is really easy to buy off the US store as it will probably never be released on PSN over here just like the first one.

Yay, Suikoden 2 finally coming to US PSN next week. Thankfully it is really easy to buy off the US store as it will probably never be released on PSN over here just like the first one.

I have seen sealed copies of that game going for about 500 quid, its stature as a great game has grown a lot since its original release.

Xenji wrote: »
    I have seen sealed copies of that game going for about 500 quid, its stature as a great game has grown a lot since its original release.

Yeah, never got to play it myself on the ps1. Have a copy of the first one sunce it was released though.

Value if those old copies are going to take a bit of a nosedive due to the psn release though.

Konami UK have already confirmed that it currently won't be released on psn in the EU.

I have suikoden 1 and 2 too on disc, so I wouldn't be getting them either, more excited about the ff7 release on ps4.

• Advertisement

I have suikoden 1 and 2 too on disc, so I wouldn't be getting them either, more excited about the ff7 release on ps4.

FF VII was the biggest troll of the PS Experience presser.

jjaww08auibbqygfdwgk.gif

Advertisement