Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,313 ✭✭✭✭noodler

skerry wrote: »
    Just wrapped up Act 1 of Dragon Quest XI. Forty hours on the button, I'm guessing the next 2 acts are shorter. Great game so far.

Act two is the best -enjoy.

Act three was a little tacked on but still loads of content.

Wish I'd something like that to play now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Too late to go outside at night maybe?

Might have been, I'm not sure. I was in the classroom when she said it, and I fast-traveled straight to the roof then was able to go back into the palace. I got the calling card and now I have precisely 1 day to get it done.

I need to find some way to find something to increase my SP, that's my biggest killer...... 2 cups of coffee won't do it. I dunno how I'm gonna do it in one day. My Gut stat is up to lvl 2, I might go to the chemist girl (forgot her name)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Xenoblade definitive edition... Cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Finally got Luigi's Mansion 3 for the switch and it's absolutely brilliant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might have been, I'm not sure. I was in the classroom when she said it, and I fast-traveled straight to the roof then was able to go back into the palace. I got the calling card and now I have precisely 1 day to get it done.

I need to find some way to find something to increase my SP, that's my biggest killer...... 2 cups of coffee won't do it. I dunno how I'm gonna do it in one day. My Gut stat is up to lvl 2, I might go to the chemist girl (forgot her name)

As far as I know and I could be wrong here but if you miss a deadline, I think the only penalty is that you get put back a week before, I did the first dungeon in a day or two only exiting to buy items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Finished Persona 5 Royal yesterday on 128 hours, extremely satisfying ending. I know the lockdown made the choice to double dip on P5 a little easier, but it's just so damn good.

98% Personas collected so I think I only have the NG+ Persona left.
    Plowing through the NG+ with all key items, social stats, a Lvl 99 Yosh1tsune & Memento stamps is very cathartic after earning them in the first playthrough. Far less stressful with confidants now!

Welp. Lesson learned for me. I should save at the start of every single day in Persona 5R. I messed up my timing and missed the deadline. I thought if I sent the calling card out in the morning, it would let me do the palace in the evening. But it actually ripped the whole day off of me and auto skipped to the next day, hitting the deadline day and making me unable to do the palace at all. My last save is the week prior. I'm ragin'..... My issue with it is; it feels like the days are so random. I feel like the day could end randomly after any activity. I also hate how limited I am to go anywhere, even in Royal, where I've read the shackles are loosened a little more than P5, I still feel like once I hit evening, I'm barely allowed to do anything, but in this case, after I sent the calling card in the morning, it fast-forwarded to evening but didn't let me do a thing. Forced me to skip to the following day.

I probably should've researched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Welp. Lesson learned for me. I should save at the start of every single day in Persona 5R. I messed up my timing and missed the deadline. I thought if I sent the calling card out in the morning, it would let me do the palace in the evening. But it actually ripped the whole day off of me and auto skipped to the next day, hitting the deadline day and making me unable to do the palace at all. My last save is the week prior. I'm ragin'..... My issue with it is; it feels like the days are so random. I feel like the day could end randomly after any activity. I also hate how limited I am to go anywhere, even in Royal, where I've read the shackles are loosened a little more than P5, I still feel like once I hit evening, I'm barely allowed to do anything, but in this case, after I sent the calling card in the morning, it fast-forwarded to evening but didn't let me do a thing. Forced me to skip to the following day.

I probably should've researched it.
    Do you use more than 1 save /rotating saves? I found that helps sometimes to go between 2 at least you could go back a day.

Do you use more than 1 save /rotating saves? I found that helps sometimes to go between 2 at least you could go back a day.

I usually rotate, but I left too large a gap between my latter 2. Because I was only exploring and going to shops I wasn't minding it. I tend to save after/before battles in RPGs. It's a habit.

I managed to fly it back to where I was and I've managed to save it at the entrance of the final part of the palace. So I can rest easy. I just skipped all the dialogue. Amazing how much time I saved that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I usually rotate, but I left too large a gap between my latter 2. Because I was only exploring and going to shops I wasn't minding it. I tend to save after/before battles in RPGs. It's a habit.

I managed to fly it back to where I was and I've managed to save it at the entrance of the final part of the palace. So I can rest easy. I just skipped all the dialogue. Amazing how much time I saved that way.

I find it better to grind the dungeon first and do the social links after completion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah hit it hard at the start, then take it easy, you can find out in the save rooms how much of the dungeon you have left to complete. I actually never ran out of time or even nearly ran out of time in any of them, the fook have you been doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's much better to do the palaces at the start. Getting the calling card opens up confidants for that month that you wouldn't otherwise have, I believe.

Also, most, if not all, are doable in one day if you stock up on items and gear, and it's more fun/challenging trying to do them that way as opposed to across multiple days, plus it gives you extra time in the real world.

And only go to Mementos when you've built up 4 or 5 requests, otherwise it's a waste of a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

When is the best time to send the calling card?
    I did the same in my original play doing the dungeon first but I can't remember when was the best time to send it

That's not too bad, I found that too in some parts where you skip the text

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just finished the prologue to Trails of Cold Steel and find the game wonderful!!! Great chsracters, good dialogue and the initial tease of a ling story waiting to be told. Just what I needed to scratch my turn-based RPG itch!!

I can also wallow in the delight of looking forward to another three games in the series after this!

(While I bought digital from my US PSN account, I see that Base in the UK are selling the PS4 game for £23 delivered).

Just finished the prologue to Trails of Cold Steel and find the game wonderful!!! Great characters, good dialogue and the initial tease of a long story waiting to be told. Just what I needed to scratch my turn-based RPG itch!!

I can also wallow in the delight of looking forward to another three games in the series after this!

(While I bought digital from my US PSN account, I see that Base in the UK are selling the PS4 game for £23 delivered).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,313 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Just finished the prologue to Trails of Cold Steel and find the game wonderful!!! Great characters, good dialogue and the initial tease of a long story waiting to be told. Just what I needed to scratch my turn-based RPG itch!!

Is the prologue part of the first game?

noodler wrote: »
    Is the prologue part of the first game?

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any tips for the boss fights Lord of Shadows and Mordragon & Lord of Shadows in dragon quest 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Any tips for the boss fights Lord of Shadows and Mordragon & Lord of Shadows in dragon quest 11?

Just about to tackle them tonight myself. Will report back later if successful ;)

What level you at. I'm 44 mostly but hoping final dungeon brings me up a few levels before the boss

Just about to tackle them tonight myself. Will report back later if successful ;)

What level you at. I'm 44 mostly but hoping final dungeon brings me up a few levels before the boss

There all between 50 and 55, just fought
    Jasper
    there, ya......what a wanker!

• Advertisement

There all between 50 and 55, just fought
    Jasper
    there, ya......what a wanker!

Havent made it to him yet. I've beat the guy at the gate without losing a team member so I'm hoping that my current level is ok, or at least that I'll be high enough by the time I get to next boss. Might need to forge some better gear first, find anything higher that 3 stars very hard to forge at the moment though. Maybe I need to grind more

Main story wrapped up in Dragon Quest XI. What a game, might be my favourite JRPG yet. I'm hoping Xenoblade Chronicles can live up to it at the end of the month. Definitely gonna do the post game stuff but going to give it a break first and play something else for a bit.

Main story wrapped up in Dragon Quest XI. What a game, might be my favourite JRPG yet. I'm hoping Xenoblade Chronicles can live up to it at the end of the month. Definitely gonna do the post game stuff but going to give it a break first and play something else for a bit.

How did you find the last boss?

How did you find the last boss?

Wasn't too bad, managed it first go. I had a lot of dark resistant accessories on my characters though so that helped a lot. Just concentrated on healing and whittled him down. He did a dark sigil attack which causes dark damage each turn that was doing decent damage so it probably would have wrecked me if I hadn't accessorised appropriately. Spent the last 2 evenings forging decent armor and weapons in preparation.

Wasn't too bad, managed it first go. I had a lot of dark resistant accessories on my characters though so that helped a lot. Just concentrated on healing and whittled him down. He did a dark sigil attack which causes dark damage each turn that was doing decent damage so it probably would have wrecked me if I hadn't accessorised appropriately. Spent the last 2 evenings forging decent armor and weapons in preparation.

Back to the forge I go then :(.

Back to the forge I go then :(.

You can steal Devils Tails from the Hooper Trooper enemies in the dungeon. I got 8 of them and reworked to +3 which gave a lot of dark damage resistance with 2 of them on each character. If that's what's giving you hassle then it's worth doing. Forged Liquid Metal Armour for 2 main damage dealers and theres a decent spear in a chest on top floor for Jade so I used that and she did a lot of the damage dealing, Serena for the heals then. Managed to land Sap on him too which helped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have started Dragon Quest XI on Switch and it’s a fine game indeed! Don’t think I’ve ever reached the end of a DQ game despite playing quite a few so hopefully that trend is broken now ;) The speed of play seems much improved - still that slow, gradual start innate to the series, but the battles are a breeze thankfully.

Holding off diving deeper til I polish off FF7 Remake - but my heart and mind are more firmly committed to DQ already :)

Have started Dragon Quest XI on Switch and it’s a fine game indeed! Don’t think I’ve ever reached the end of a DQ game despite playing quite a few so hopefully that trend is broken now ;) The speed of play seems much improved - still that slow, gradual start innate to the series, but the battles are a breeze thankfully.

Holding off diving deeper til I polish off FF7 Remake - but my heart and mind are more firmly committed to DQ already :)

I was the same, kept thinking I'd play something else for a break but every evening I'd end up sticking on DQXI and tucking in. It's like comfort food. So well out together and any little QoL feature you can think of is in there to make everything more convenient. I'm interested in seeing what the 2D mode looks like, might try some of Act 3 in that when I get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I keep thinking about going back for Act 3, but I really felt like I got enough from just going up to the end. Really enjoyed it and definitely my favourite in the series.

• Advertisement

Finished trials of mana last night, a decent little game, a throw back to Jrpg's of old, don't know if I'll bother going for the platnium, two more playthroughs with the remaining characters.

Advertisement