Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Really wish they’d do a PS4 release for P4G. I don’t have a PC!
    If its just a port you will probably be able to run it on any recent intel atom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say it will come to PS4 or PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

So, Xenoblade Definitive Edition. A bit torn on whether to get this. Seems to have rave reviews but I wasn't a big fan of the second. Took me a long time to get into it and I found it really irritating at times. However I have heard people say the first is a much better game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anymore news on persona 4 coming to steam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anymore news on persona 4 coming to steam?

It's not announced but all the data for the game was found on steam with a release date for the 13 June with coincides with a PC focused games presentation which will include Atlus for the first time.

So go down to paddy powers for a sure thing.

Whats more interesting is the rumours P3 FES will also be coming. Nothing confirmed there but hopefully.

And maybe Persona 5? although thats more my own wishful thinking, there's been no rumours there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Project Athia looked very interesting last night, it will be the first game from Luminous but it has only been in development for about 18 months so I would not expect to see it till 2022 at the earliest but with S-E it will probably be 2024.

13 sentinels has a September release date

Still don't know what type of game it is.

Think along the lines of GrimGrimoire mixed with Danganronpa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

P4 up now, €20 standard, €25 for deluxe with soundtrack. Uses Denuvo though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113000/Persona_4_Golden/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

P4 up now, €20 standard, €25 for deluxe with soundtrack. Uses Denuvo though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113000/Persona_4_Golden/

Whats Denuvo? whats the downside to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nix wrote: »
    Whats Denuvo? whats the downside to it?

A piece of anti piracy software that requires kernel access to your OS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading atm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully it gets console ports soon enough, yeah I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there something better about this Persona 4 poet versus the PS2 original?

noodler wrote: »

Has all the additions from the Vita version and custom resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

noodler wrote: »

Added content as it’s the Golden version

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Persona 4 Golden PC port analysis by Durante

tl;dr It's excellent, with minor weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started Persona 5 last night and am finding it a bit of a grind. Section Im at is just after I met yer man on the roof of the school following the first dungeon. Does it open out anytime soon?

Started Persona 5 last night and am finding it a bit of a grind. Section Im at is just after I met yer man on the roof of the school following the first dungeon. Does it open out anytime soon?

Stick with it, it takes a while.

Good news on p4g.

I wonder will I still love it as much as when I played the Vita version. The random dungeosn in contrast to P5's meticulously designed ones are what's putting me off going back. Though I do think the overall story, pacing, and characters in P4G were superior - P5 is just a much more polished game (obviously, it's 10 years newer!)

• Advertisement

Stick with it, it takes a while.

Does it become free roaming or stay very linear?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Does it become free roaming or stay very linear?

How it works is that you get to choose how you spend each in-game day (except for when there’s special narrative events or what not). It’s free-roaming (but far from open world) in the sense you have lots and lots of options, albeit with with the need to finish the dungeons by a certain date in the calendar.

The game’s fairly restrictive during the opening hours as Morgana doesn’t really let you do anything, but eventually that does ease off and you can choose how most days play out. I believe the opening hours were adjusted in Royal to get you out and about quicker than the original.

I didn't find the opening 5-6 hours any less of a slog in Royal than in the original. There are also still a few infuriating bombardments of dialog in between palaces that leave you sitting staring at your screen for an hour or 2 and your only real involvement is picking samey dialogue choices.

But the game really opens up around 20 hours in. You get much more free time to build social stats, confidants, requests etc - you open up a lot more areas and such, that's when the game is at its best. You'll never escape the big sections of dialogue sadly but it's never as bad as the opening hours.

Royal also lets you do a bit more in the evenings and Morgana isn't as annoying with not letting you do stuff, either.

oh and I know 20 hours seems like a lot but the game is 100+ hours long! Even longer in Royal, I believe.

Thanks lads, i will stick with it for the time being anyway and see how i go.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Persona 4 Golden PC port analysis by Durante

tl;dr It's excellent, with minor weirdness.

It actually looks like Atlus themselves did the port and not Sega which is interesting for their future projects and PC releases.

Xenji wrote: »
    It actually looks like Atlus themselves did the port and not Sega which is interesting for their future projects and PC releases.

Oh yes!

That P4 engine was used for all the PS 2 atlus games... Maybe get a few of them ported to PC.

There's a kingdom hearts rhythm action game coming to switch PS4 and Xbox soon.

And unlike kingdom hearts it actually looks fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a kingdom hearts rhythm action game coming to switch PS4 and Xbox soon.

And unlike kingdom hearts it actually looks fun.

Is it called something like Kingdom Hearts: DreamBeatRhythmmmR::Key Change () MelodyDr0p XZ 1.73 REDUX?

Don't know how this passed me by or why it hasn't been covered at all in the press but Earth Seeker has gotten an unofficial fan translation:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5571/

This was one of the last great RPGs for the Nintendo Wii and while XSeed wanted to translate and release it Nintendo refused to let them and the game remained stranded in Japan.

• Advertisement

So FF13-2 has really opened up and I'm absolutely loving the game. The story is utter guff but it just works so much better being so open. I'm wandering into areas and running away with my tail between my legs but there's always another area to explore. Every time period has it's own gameplay quirk to make it play different from other areas.

Advertisement