Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

Anyone else doing dt324 it seems a lot on here doing dt315 I got offered that aswell but choose dt324 instead. I'm looking fw to the 10th now should be a class few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aid99

JohnG18. Any info on dt420 would be very welcomed. Was offered place last week. it was low down on my choices so I didn't get time to research. Is the course hard, I have no chemistry . What post grad courses can you do after. What jobes are you qualified for after the four years Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Just got the Welcome pack in the Post this morning.

Its all becoming real now LOL :D - So, apart from the other DT211'ers that introduced themselves before, anyone else?..

We'll all meet each other on the 10th of September anyway for the induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Hi all, starting in DT407 this September, haven't come across anyone else doing it which is slightly worrying.

I was previously in UCC and after a year out I'm returning to college so it should be really good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shauners

Aid99 wrote: »
    JohnG18. Any info on dt420 would be very welcomed. Was offered place last week. it was low down on my choices so I didn't get time to research. Is the course hard, I have no chemistry . What post grad courses can you do after. What jobes are you qualified for after the four years Thanks

would also appreciate info on DT420 thank you very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

MaggieNF wrote: »
    Hi all, starting in DT407 this September, haven't come across anyone else doing it which is slightly worrying.

I was previously in UCC and after a year out I'm returning to college so it should be really good :)

I was pretty much the same last year, I'm going into second year of 407 now, if you have any questions about it at all feel free to ask me :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

shauners wrote: »
    would also appreciate info on DT420 thank you very much :)

http://www.lttc.ie/coursewise/streams/466/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nwynn

dietetics in kevin street anyone? :\

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

AHH! Google apps doesn't work on my PC/ Along with Capcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Got my letter in the post today yet there is no option for me to register on http://www.dit.ie/registration/registerme/ can someone help me out?

• Advertisement

Hmm, on the left of the screen click "I'm new"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Rebekahx wrote: »
    Got my letter in the post today yet there is no option for me to register on http://www.dit.ie/registration/registerme/ can someone help me out?
    BrianG23 wrote: »
    Hmm, on the left of the screen click "I'm new"

Yup, click "I'm new" on the left and then click the purple star that says "click to register."

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Yup, click "I'm new" on the left and then click the purple star that says "click to register."

Found it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ricky280793

Hi everyone, just wonderin is anyone doing DT008 Electronic And Communication Engineering? and if so what are the hours like and any other onfo about the course. thanks

Hi everyone, just wonderin is anyone doing DT008 Electronic And Communication Engineering? and if so what are the hours like and any other info about the course. thanks
    Hours are confusing at best from the net/ They'll give ya a timetable and group and you mark off which ones aren't yours. But here is

Timetable: http://webtimetables.dit.ie/TTSuiteRBLIVE/ UN: Student Pass: timetables. Then stick in programme, DT008 and year 1
    Induction: http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/registrations/registrationsseptember2011/College%20of%20Engineering%20&%20Built%20Environment%20Induction%20Schedule.pdf
    Student id collection: http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/registrations/registrationsseptember2011/College%20of%20Engineering%20&%20Build%20Environment%20ID%20Card%20Schedule.pdf

Other info...hmm, we'll be getting tool boxes at some point/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ricky280793

Yeah had a look at that webtimetabes thing but could not for the life of me understand it haha! thanks for the help. you in dit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lm93

Any DIT students staying in Shanowen Halls?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Hi guys,

Firstly you made a great choice better than I did (I choose Pharm Sci in the CAO and transferred to Nutra).

Depending on your strengths the course will have some tricky modules but you'll be fine if you go to classes and put work in. My weaker subjects were the nutrition subjects but by 4th year I was averaging 70 on them by putting work into them.

You don't need chemistry, I didn't have it either and you don't need to be a chemistry genius at the end I just choose to do my Placement and Thesis in Organic Chemistry.

You can do most Masters in Science afterwards, I've been offered MSc in Plant Biology, Biopharmaceutical Engineering and Toxicology. Some of my classmates are doing; MSc in Infection Management (TCD), MSc in Global Health Promotion (UCD) and MSc in Sports Nutrition. I'm personally trying to pursue my PhD at the moment and interviewing in Unis in Ireland and abroad (Skype).

Currently some of my class are working in Food industry as Technologists, Quality Analysts and New Product Dev. The year ahead of us some are working in Biopharmaceutical, one as a Formulation Chemist, one in Dunnes Storea HQ in product development another in a Cosmetic manufacturing company.

This degree will allow you cross functional skills to work in both Food, Pharm and Nutra (it's growing ATM but Abbott is a big one).

Any more specific questions just let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Nwynn wrote: »
    dietetics in kevin street anyone? :\

Congratulations! Great course! We had some lecturers from the Diets course and the lecturers are amazing and really in touch with the real world. However be prepared to continue working as its one of the academically competitive courses in DIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aid99

JohnG18 wrote: »

Hi guys,

Firstly you made a great choice better than I did (I choose Pharm Sci in the CAO and transferred to Nutra).

Depending on your strengths the course will have some tricky modules but you'll be fine if you go to classes and put work in. My weaker subjects were the nutrition subjects but by 4th year I was averaging 70 on them by putting work into them.

You don't need chemistry, I didn't have it either and you don't need to be a chemistry genius at the end I just choose to do my Placement and Thesis in Organic Chemistry.

You can do most Masters in Science afterwards, I've been offered MSc in Plant Biology, Biopharmaceutical Engineering and Toxicology. Some of my classmates are doing; MSc in Infection Management (TCD), MSc in Global Health Promotion (UCD) and MSc in Sports Nutrition. I'm personally trying to pursue my PhD at the moment and interviewing in Unis in Ireland and abroad (Skype).

Currently some of my class are working in Food industry as Technologists, Quality Analysts and New Product Dev. The year ahead of us some are working in Biopharmaceutical, one as a Formulation Chemist, one in Dunnes Storea HQ in product development another in a Cosmetic manufacturing company.

This degree will allow you cross functional skills to work in both Food, Pharm and Nutra (it's growing ATM but Abbott is a big one).

Any more specific questions just let me know :)
    thanks for the great reply
    can I ask you if you know is there any chance of getting into a masters which will you be a registered dietitian
    s for example the masters in College of Ulster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Hey when are the timetables available? Either I'm doing it wrong or they aren't up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

I think there are problems with the site as I couldn't get in last night or today using the "students" and "timetables" username and password. It just keeps saying "Incorrect username or password".

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eewee

http://dit.ie/registration/registerme/imnew/

think need to wait for letter with Student ID and pin code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

I got one of those letters but it still won't let me see timetables. So they musn't be up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

RonanM123 wrote: »
    I got one of those letters but it still won't let me see timetables. So they musn't be up yet.

try:

http://webtimetables.dit.ie/TTSuiteRBLIVE/

UN: students
    pw: timetables

Oh gosh I'll need tuition to understand this timetable! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 heyaboyz

anybody know when we get our timetables? or am i the only one who doesnt have it yet? its driving me insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 heyaboyz

heyaboyz wrote: »
    anybody know when we get our timetables? or am i the only one who doesnt have it yet? its driving me insane!!

NEVER MIND :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

To people trying to read the timetable if in the week section you put "4-16" it'll just show your timetable for the first semester.

• Advertisement

Is there different classes? Somebody in DT411 PLEASE help me thanks :) so confused!

Advertisement