Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi lads, just wondering if anyone knows how active the judo&boxing clubs are in DIT? I might get into kevin street and would be interested in training them. Can't find much info on the website though. Hopefully they're still active
    Judo and Boxing are both active clubs. Honestly I have to say Karate is the better martial art but thats just me.

I've been told that the boxing club is very boxercise and that Judo is pretty decent.
    Im 23, got accepted for DT366 advanced entry into year 2- Anybody in/applied for this course.
    Just finished year 2 going into year 3. Best of luck, if you have any questions I'll answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tomloftus

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Hi all,

I'm hoping 2 get DT358 (logistics & supply chain management), staying in Gateway student village, ballymun road, in what I believe is a 3 bedroom apartment.. Could be a bit weird staying with 2 people I don't know but maybe a good thing aswell, just have 2 wait and see:p .. Good luck 2 all with getting the places that u want!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liambob1

I'm heading into 4th year of dt422. If you have any questions feel free to ask me my classics the pilot year for this course so we have learned from the school of hard knocks. JohnG18 was right in that the courses he mentioned are fairly similar for first and second year but they differentiate wildly thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raheensbuddy

Should I do the 2 year proffesional cookery course or the BA in Culinary Arts? Please Help Needed!!! Advice! merci beacoup mes amis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Should I do the 2 year proffesional cookery course or the BA in Culinary Arts? Please Help Needed!!! Advice! merci beacoup mes amis!!

I'm going into second year of the ba now. In first year both courses are pretty much similar. If you want to be a chef the 2 year course is plenty, in the ba we only have one practical class (4 hours) a week. Tbh, I doubt I'll stay the four years. With the ba though if you leave at certain stages you can still get qualifications, a cert after two years, ordinary degree after three and honours if you stay the four. I know with the two year course you can progress onto the degree afterwards. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions about it feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

liambob1 wrote: »
    I'm heading into 4th year of dt422. If you have any questions feel free to ask me my classics the pilot year for this course so we have learned from the school of hard knocks. JohnG18 was right in that the courses he mentioned are fairly similar for first and second year but they differentiate wildly thereafter.

I might be starting this course in september, and i was wondering whether there is many students taking the course with only 1 science subject? Also i was wondering how many there are in the course and if it is mostly male/female
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Danny94 wrote: »

I might be starting this course in september, and i was wondering whether there is many students taking the course with only 1 science subject? Also i was wondering how many there are in the course and if it is mostly male/female
    thanks

Can't comment on the male/female ratio but I went in DT480 (the course that proceeded 421 and 422) with just Biology, transferred into 420 due to interest and I just finished with a first so I didn't need Chem or Physics.

However 422 has more Chemistry an it would always be more beneficial having more than one science subject, but my thesis was pure Organic Chem so I managed to pick that all up in college!

thanks

The course only requires one laboratory based science for entry but they say it's easier if you have 2 because learning 2 of the fields of science from scratch can be difficult, that said its possible and I know a few who have done it. As for male and female my class only had 3 blokes in first year we have more now through transfers and advanced entry though but my year is fairly small since we are the pilot year, but if you do a course in the brugha it is inevitablely going go be mostly girls, that's just the nature of the beast

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Got accepted into DT080 a couple of weeks ago...I've been kinda worried that I was gonna be the old chap (I'm 23) surrounded by 17/18 just finished their Leaving Cert :D Pretty happy after reading this thread...it seems there's a nice mix of age groups :)

Looking forward to getting started in there now :D

P.S I think this was earlier in the thread but i didn't see an answer...Does anyone know what are the Boxing and Judo clubs like?? Wouldn't starting back training while I was out there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

What date do we start?

What date do we start?

Firstys on the 10th, everyone else on the 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

JohnG18 wrote: »
    Can't comment on the male/female ratio but I went in DT480 (the course that proceeded 421 and 422) with just Biology, transferred into 420 due to interest and I just finished with a first so I didn't need Chem or Physics.

However 422 has more Chemistry an it would always be more beneficial having more than one science subject, but my thesis was pure Organic Chem so I managed to pick that all up in college!
    The course only requires one laboratory based science for entry but they say it's easier if you have 2 because learning 2 of the fields of science from scratch can be difficult, that said its possible and I know a few who have done it. As for male and female my class only had 3 blokes in first year we have more now through transfers and advanced entry though but my year is fairly small since we are the pilot year, but if you do a course in the brugha it is inevitablely going go be mostly girls, that's just the nature of the beast
    Thanks i was also wondering how many people are in the course and how difficult the course is in general ?

Thanks i was also wondering how many people are in the course and how difficult the course is in general ?

My year is tiny since we were the first year of the course, the following years have about 30 people in them. However your lectures for first second and even third year will be most mixd with dt 420/421/425 so there will be upwards of 100 people in those classes.

As for difficulty it really depends, if you have no interest it can be hell. It's heavy chemistry but I never did chemistry in secondary but I fell in love with the subject in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

I got DT315, wanted DT365 but hope to transfer in after doing first two years depending on grades. Not the task of looking at accommodation, have no idea where to start! Was think Rathmines anybody have advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

What date do we start?

Firstys on the 10th, everyone else on the 17th

I was told the 13th...... Depends on which college your in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Starting DT422 Pharmaceutical Healthcare in September :D I really really really can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Transport operations & technology... See ya on the 13th folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RoseanneB

Got my first choice! And it went up by 170 points! visual merch and display here i come <3 anyone else in??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

ASOT wrote: »
    Transport operations & technology... See ya on the 13th folks.

Not the 17th no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shauners

what date is induction week, anybody know?

also, did anyone receive an Email from DIT since accepting their offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

esposito wrote: »
    Not the 17th no?

Says 13th on the site for induction week!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

shauners wrote: »
    what date is induction week, anybody know?

also, did anyone receive an Email from DIT since accepting their offer?

DIT.ie/registration - you should find all of the information there, that you need.

>>Induction<<

>>ID Cards<<

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Absolutely delighted, got my first choice, event management! Is anyone else doing this course?
    Also has anyone heard anything from dit about registering? Or do we all literally just turn up on the 10th??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

meesh140 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted, got my first choice, event management! Is anyone else doing this course?
    Also has anyone heard anything from dit about registering? Or do we all literally just turn up on the 10th??

We will get a registration pack sent out via post ..... prob this week or next !!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

Just got my offer for DT329 (MSc in Accounting)

thrilled :) couldnt be happier.

was dreading to go to AIT.

Anyone else in DT 329?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

DIT.ie/registration - you should find all of the information there, that you need.

>>Induction<<

>>ID Cards<<

:D

says that induction for international students (business school) is 12th but I got an email of 14th?

confused

• Registered Users Posts: 12 yungwan7k88

Got Dit 315 accepted it over It tallaght so anyone know this course.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

i got DT006 mechanical engineering in DIT ,was delighted! anyone else planning on doing the same course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JinnyJen

I'm doing DT211!! excited!

Advertisement