Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Newbies - 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Has anybody heard anything from DIT since accepting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raheensbuddy

thanks pal!..and in the BA do you have any days off? :)....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

thanks pal!..and in the BA do you have any days off? :)....

That about culinary arts yeah? I had one day off both semesters last year. Depending on what.group you're in you'll more than likely have a day off, some had two off after Christmas last year. There's a fair bit of work involved, my main advice is don't leave the portfolio for the practical until the last minute do a little bit every week and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

I didnt get anything besides email from head of deptt. confirming my place.

in the system, its not showing anything.

is it same with everyone?

how u guys got the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I didnt get anything besides email from head of deptt. confirming my place.

in the system, its not showing anything.

is it same with everyone?

how u guys got the offer?

I haven't even got an e.mail, must we register to DIT or something?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

DT505, YAY :D Looking at the induction schedule here http://dit.ie/media/documents/registrations/registrationsseptember2011/College%20of%20Arts%20&%20Tourism.pdf would I be right in saying that Thursday 13th is the first day I have to go in? My debs is on that Monday and if so, it would make things a hell of a lot easier.:o

Don't panic guys you'll get sent a registration pack probably this week or next week which will give you all the info on how to register and the dates for your induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Got DIT572, delighted :D will it say in the registration pack how much I have to pay? Need to get a loan so need to know what to ask for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

The registration fee for this academic year is €2,250 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 s0m3b0dy_

Got DT315 and havn't a clue what's going to be happening, any idea on dates we start/get them packs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

I got DT597 - Creative Industries

Awh yeeah, see you guys in 2 weeks time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Got DT315 and havn't a clue what's going to be happening, any idea on dates we start/get them packs?

Got it to and wondering the same things.

Was it your first choise?

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Got it to and wondering the same things.

Was it your first choise?
    yeah no emails or anything..it's a bit strange. first choice in level 6/7 had tallaght as a choice in level 8, but sure you can transfer courses at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Same here first choice in Level6/7, had DT365 as Level 8 but am able to transfer into it after this.

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Same here first choice in Level6/7, had DT365 as Level 8 but am able to transfer into it after this.
    yeah im just hoping we get the letters soon...this sitting around is **** annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yeah I knew the registration fee, I have to pay tuition fees for first year though. I e-mailed the head of the dept months ago and she said it was 4500 altogether last year, hoping it's not too much more...

That's directed at Aard btw, where has the quote button gone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Yeah I knew the registration fee, I have to pay tuition fees for first year though. I e-mailed the head of the dept months ago and she said it was 4500 altogether last year, hoping it's not too much more...

http://www.dit.ie/registration/feesandgrants/fees/fees/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Does anyone know when the deadline is for fees to be paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

Is there any way to transfer to a different course within DIT that has no direct link with the course you got offered ?

That's directed at Aard btw, where has the quote button gone???

I paid full fees last year and the tuition was around €1800. I don't think there's been a huge change in that for this year. You don't have to pay it all now though, it was ages before they even asked for my previous education and added it to my account. The main thing is you have to pay half the reg fee first, then the other half in January. Then last year I had until the end of April to pay the tuition. Hopefully it'll be similar this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 heyaboyz

anybody doing international hospitality management?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Does anyone know when the deadline is for fees to be paid?
    There isn't a deadline per-se but there is a late penalty that kicks in some time before Christmas. It'll be well advertised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bungleminge Flanagan

So the total is just Tuition fee + Student contribution charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So the total is just Tuition fee + Student contribution charge?
    It depends on your own situation, if you're eligble for a grant, if you've availed of the so-called 'free-fees' scheme before. If you're in any doubt then give the student services center a call.

I got a letter in post confirming my place in the course.
    It doesnt have any student ID or anything.
    just to add that I am an international student.
    can anyone tell me how to accept offer.
    I have no clue :$

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

I got a letter in post confirming my place in the course.
    It doesnt have any student ID or anything.
    just to add that I am an international student.
    can anyone tell me how to accept offer.
    I have no clue :$

Can I ask? When did u get the letter?
    I know we all will eventually get one but iv heard dit are very slack on administration matters....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I wouldn't panic about letters guys, my invite to register arrived from my offer in July just last week . Then when I was registering there was a list of dates registration invitations would be sent to the following rounds. I'm pretty sure ye'll get them next week at the latest.

meesh140 wrote: »
    Can I ask? When did u get the letter?
    I know we all will eventually get one but iv heard dit are very slack on administration matters....

I got it today in post and Wednesday in email.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jledru

HI everyone,

4th year of DT021 kevin street . Erasmus student :)
    Other ones ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Welcome pack came in post. Attaching pic because im super nice :D

Advertisement