Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    There are a number of very sour posts today (not yourself mind) so I think people were right to comment

People are bound to be sour. That's what happens after a loss. A picture of a lemon or a baby isn't comment and it isn't right. Maybe if it was in jest, like after a provincial game. But this wasn't a provincial game, it was an Irish team v a Welsh team and those posts only emit a sense of enjoyment from reading a disappointed Leinster fan's comment. 24-hrs get's rid of sour grapes, not a picture of a crying baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Doesn't matter now anyway so let's just drop it. I'd just prefer if I didn't have to see it again on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I heard the same from a school friend who is involved with Ulster. It's something to do with Flannery, they don't get on

That's a massive understatement of that relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Hagz wrote: »
    People are bound to be sour. That's what happens after a loss. A picture of a lemon or a baby isn't comment and it isn't right. Maybe if it was in jest, like after a provincial game. But this wasn't a provincial game, it was an Irish team v a Welsh team and those posts only emit a sense of enjoyment from reading a disappointed Leinster fan's comment. 24-hrs get's rid of sour grapes, not a picture of a crying baby.

The particular picture was a gif I posted to a particularly sour post that was basically a bitch at the Ospreys. It's not exactly the most serious thing in the world either, lighten up a bit maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Hagz wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement

The particular picture was a gif I posted to a particularly sour post that was basically a bitch at the Ospreys. It's not exactly the most serious thing in the world either, lighten up a bit maybe?

You were clearly sticking the boot in. If you believed that Poites decisions were correct then back them up, if not there was no reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

My few cents, just home from the game.

I thought ospreys were far better. They somehow failed to score a breakaway try, should have had a penalty try, and seemed to maybe just win the things in the physicality stakes.

Ross going off was a big blow. Not having SOB and Healy was a big blow, it was notica le that on the rare occasions we got whick ball we often lacked strike runners taking the ball flat at pace.

Not having Boss as an option when our ball was being slowed up so much was a real killer too.

Toner had a fine game.

Their defence was awesome. Not just in its physicality, but the read nearly every move we tried and contained us pretty easily where we'd often find gaps against other teams.

Ospreys have beaten us 5 of the last 6 times. When they play against us they are better than us. They deserved to win today. We could maybe should have win the game but I think they were the better team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I also get a good lol at this "best team in Europe" lark when describing the HEC winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

In my opinion, the chances of Leinster winning three Heineken cups in a row have increased after today's game.

Joe Schmidt needs to prove nothing at this stage, not least that he is a stellar "coach, tactician, man-manager and rugby brain" (to use Dara O'Brien's words).

HOWEVER, should today's loss offer him the extra slice of impetus to up his preparation for next year, this could be a very important day in the history of Leinster rugby.

The man is only human, ag deireadh an lae, and there's every liklihood that back to back HC's and a Euro/domestic double could have permitted a certain degree of complaicency to set in.

I'm actually loath to use the term complaicency; win or lose, Leinster would always go into next season on the back of world class preparation. More that if the pain of losing today drives him to work on something just that little bit extra, even if it's ostensibly meaningless, it could prove the difference in a world where the margins are so fine.

I also get a good lol at this "best team in Europe" lark when describing the HEC winners.

Who in your opinion is currently the best team in Europe then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Great game today. Disappointed at the result but such is life. Will probably be good for Leinster going forward next season. Thought Heaslip was good today-carried a bit more in the last few games than he had early in the season. Also sad to see Williams retiring, 2 great finishes from the little man.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You were clearly sticking the boot in. If you believed that Poites decisions were correct then back them up, if not there was no reason for it.

"Welsh rugby once again flying high on the back of incompetent refereeing, nothing new there then."

That's the part of the post I felt was very bitter and uncalled for considering how the Welsh have demolished us internationally over the last year

If you don't think that's bitter fair enough but I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

That's the part of the post I felt was very bitter and uncalled for considering how the Welsh have demolished us internationally over the last year

Well, I don't think they 'demolished' us in the 6 N - a very flukey win there - but they certainly did a good number on us at the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I heard the same from a school friend who is involved with Ulster. It's something to do with Flannery, they don't get on

Flannery and Cronin's continual banter on twitter would appear to conflict that assertion.

I've seen loads of rumours online about the scenario and Cronin's supposed falling out with Munster, but I'd rather believe stories coming from people closer the source. It doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure Cronin is happy up in the capital for the immediate future and Munster's (Limerick's) production line of top class hookers doesn't look to be slowing down too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I thought Ospreys were very good today. Played at pace. Great too see so many welsh players lining out for them. You can see how they gave Munster such an almighty hiding in the semi.

My few cents, just home from the game.

I thought ospreys were far better. They somehow failed to score a breakaway try, should have had a penalty try, and seemed to maybe just win the things in the physicality stakes.

Ross going off was a big blow. Not having SOB and Healy was a big blow, it was notica le that on the rare occasions we got whick ball we often lacked strike runners taking the ball flat at pace.

Not having Boss as an option when our ball was being slowed up so much was a real killer too.

Toner had a fine game.

Their defence was awesome. Not just in its physicality, but the read nearly every move we tried and contained us pretty easily where we'd often find gaps against other teams.

Ospreys have beaten us 5 of the last 6 times. When they play against us they are better than us. They deserved to win today. We could maybe should have win the game but I think they were the better team

Now that's a quality post from a true fan, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good game good atmosphere. A bit annoyed, I've only made two games this season, both at home to Ospreys.

That penalty from Biggar though, the one after White got binned, I am pretty sure it didn't go over. I was in Anglesea stand, and I think I could see the ball go between me and the post.

Cronin's time with Connacht made him the player he is today. He wouldn't have gotten half the experience behind Fla at Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

There's nobody with a stronger claim to that title though, is there? What's the point of having the competition I wonder, seeing as it decides nothing in your view...

I guess the World Cup doesn't determine the best national team either... :rolleyes:

Boss was a huge loss. Reddan was decent but his one brainfart couldn't have come at a worse time

• Advertisement

I guess the World Cup doesn't determine the best national team either...

Well it certainly doesn't determine the best team, since Leinster can't enter :pac:

Aye, those Romanian and Spanish club sides would have Leinster for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Banbridgeman

Leinster are by far the best team in Europe. Clermont only come close. I was at the HC final and while I was upset I couldn't help but feel privileged to have seen that team play in the flesh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Who in your opinion is currently the best team in Europe then?

Honestly, don't get involved, not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

"Welsh rugby once again flying high on the back of incompetent refereeing, nothing new there then."

They lucked a win in the six nations they didnt demolish us by any stretch of the imagination. And You say my post was solely to bitch about the Ospreys ? Bullshít my issue is with Poite, the last bit was a bit tongue in cheek but it wasnt a go at the Ospreys and it wasnt my only point.

Its quite clear the enjoyment you and other posters got out of throwing out the bitterness crap. And its quite clear why, as Hagz said its the only bit of enjoyment your likely to get when your own team gave up the goose early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Cronin's time with Connacht made him the player he is today. He wouldn't have gotten half the experience behind Fla at Munster

Cronin is definately one to watch, but make no mistake Best is the best hooker in a green jersey and by a long way!

There's nobody with a stronger claim to that title though, is there? What's the point of having the competition I wonder, seeing as it decides nothing in your view...

I guess the World Cup doesn't determine the best national team either... :rolleyes:

Of course they don't. That's why leagues are cherished the world over. The best team ALWAYS wins leagues, but not necessarily cups as chelsea proved.

+1

Today's game really drove home two sorry points for me:

(1) Williams is retiring.

(2) Brad Thorn will waste what will likely be his final peak professional year in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

liammur wrote: »
    Of course they don't. That's why leagues are cherished the world over. The best team ALWAYS wins leagues, but not necessarily cups as chelsea proved.

I personally have no idea why we have a last 4 thing going on in the rabo. A league should have the league format.
    Teams are doing just enough to make the play-offs, whereas the points should settle it.

Advertisement