Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Sorry to see Leinster lose but nice to see Shane Williams depart the scene in such a fine manner. I really thought Leinster had it sown up after Nacewa's second try but Poite had an outstandlingly bad day at the office. Credit must be given to Ospreys - rentless as the Terminator and they just didn't know when to roll over. On a positive note, Sean Cronin is some player - is there any position where he doesn't pop up?

He has a lot to work on in his game. His darts have improved but he could stand to be more effective at the breakdown and at scrum time

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

liammur wrote: »
    I've often wondered how did munster let cronin go! unreal.

Had Flannery at that point and Varley/Sherry coming through so Cronin made the right choice to leave for game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

He's certainly worked on his darts, I don't think Leinster lost a lineout today?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Crackin player, delighted we got him. Suits our style down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

Hard luck to Leinster. I cant help but feel that Poite decided this game. You'd bank your house on Leinster getting another score if there were the 5-10 minutes left that there would have been had Poite not made a complete mess of the scrums.

Best team in Europe and deserved it but alas not to be. I can't say im happy for Ospreys considering how their players conducted themselves in that tunnel.

• Advertisement

He hates the Munster set up. He had a serious falling out with one of Munster's players and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

TomLamp wrote: »
    Best team in Europe and deserved it but alas not to be. I can't say im happy for Ospreys considering how their players conducted themselves in that tunnel.

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

castie wrote: »
    Had Flannery at that point and Varley/Sherry coming through so Cronin made the right choice to leave for game time.

True about flannery. But varley and sherry aren't as good at all.

crying-baby.jpg?w=443&h=307
    The only 2 tough matches leinster had this year was today and away to clermont

Hippo wrote: »
    What happened?

Ospreys players pushed a few of the Leinster lads as they heading in, scuffle broke out and Ospreys player started pushing Heaslip into a stand full of fans. Thorn had to try break it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I can't say im happy for Ospreys considering how their players conducted themselves in that tunnel.

Hmm. Didn't get to see much of it but it did kind of look like Sexton was doing some pushing and shoving. :o

Is it just me or does Daire O'Brien seem absolutely delighted?? haha

crying-baby.jpg?w=443&h=307

Talk about clutching at straws alright. Last season we had the toughest climb to the HEC final but you rarely see any of the anti-Leinster brigade congratulate us on that. Wonder how many other Irish teams can claim such a feat in their 'illustrious and brave Heineken Cup history'?

Talk about clutching at straws alright. Last season we had the toughest climb to the HEC final but you rarely see any of the anti-Leinster brigade congratulate us on that. Wonder how many other Irish teams can claim such a feat in their 'illustrious and brave Heineken Cup history'?

You'll get over it, it's 'only' the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

He hates the Munster set up. He had a serious falling out with one of Munster's players and left.

Hmmmmm I find that hard to believe considering I've heard that he originally wanted to head back to Munster but they didn't/couldn't go for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think it's because he's not a great scrummager and not a great thrower-in. Perhaps he could play in the centres? He's certainly quick enough.

You'll get over it, it's 'only' the league.

Completely irrelevant point, no? Nothing to get over anyway. You can't go any higher than European champions. :) Let's knock this one into touch.

560EoinReddanLeinsterAp2012_rdax_555x344.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Banbridgeman

Poites decisions in regards to the scrum lost that game for Leinster. Hard luck, shame for o'driscoll

Hard luck to Leinster. I cant help but feel that Poite decided this game. You'd bank your house on Leinster getting another score if there were the 5-10 minutes left that there would have been had Poite not made a complete mess of the scrums.

I presume you were in the tunnell to make such a judgment

Because it certainly wasn't in anyway clear who started or did what on television

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Damn. That really hurts to see them lose. After all the hard work put in by the whole squad. But credit to Ospreys, they know how to beat us. Personally I think this will only help to maintain our level of performances.

This thread seems to be packed with parasites. Waiting for a frustrated comment to show a picture of a lemon or a baby. Well done. I suppose if you can't get enjoyment from watching your own team, you have to find alternatives.

• Advertisement

Poites decisions in regards to the scrum lost that game for Leinster. Hard luck, shame for o'driscoll
    Gives him something to play for next season. :)

source?

Hagz wrote: »
    Well done. I suppose if you can't get enjoyment from watching your own team, you have to find alternatives.
    Ah here, you're only inviting another lemon picture with a post like that.

Hagz wrote: »
    Damn. That really hurts to see them lose. After all the hard work put in by the whole squad. But credit to Ospreys, they know how to beat us. Personally I think this will only help to maintain our level of performances.

This thread seems to be packed with parasites. Waiting for a frustrated comment to show a picture of a lemon or a baby. Well done. I suppose if you can't get enjoyment from watching your own team, you have to find alternatives.

There are a number of very sour posts today (not yourself mind) so I think people were right to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,829 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just got back from the game.

Bitterly disappointed about the result. What was Whites sin binning for? I was at the other end of the ground and couldn't really see.

3rd time in 3 years that Leinster have lost the League final. What is it about that bloody trophy??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Cracking game! Unlucky Leinster fought really hard! Hunger won the game, by god those welsh were hungry today!
    Happy for Shane Williams, shame to see him go, great professional.

Completely irrelevant point, no? Nothing to get over anyway. You can't go any higher than European champions. :) Let's knock this one into touch.

560EoinReddanLeinsterAp2012_rdax_555x344.jpg

Now you are finally starting to make sense. You've had a great season, and enjoy it. Today would have been a special win, but a big well done to leinster from me. And ospreys too, takes 2 teams to make a great final like today.

Clegg wrote: »
    Just got back from the game.

Bitterly disappointed about the result. What was Whites sin binning for? I was at the other end of the ground and couldn't really see.

3rd time in 3 years that Leinster have lost the League final. What is it about that bloody trophy??

It's usually up for grabs the week after ye bust a gut winning a bigger one that's what :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Banbridgeman

Hmmmmm I find that hard to believe considering I've heard that he originally wanted to head back to Munster but they didn't/couldn't go for him.
    I heard the same from a school friend who is involved with Ulster. It's something to do with Flannery, they don't get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Just back from the game. No matter what way you look at it Leinster still should have won despite Poites consistent joke decisions. Leinster however really did miss the penetration that SOB & Healy provide.

It was clear from looking at the lads post match that this hurt them a hell of a lot so I now wouldn't have any worry about the fire not being there next season.

For those begrudgers who have been waiting for this moment to stick the boot in (its obvious who you are), the lads still have their three Heineken Cup medals from the last four years to go home to.

Advertisement