Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Tox56 wrote: »
    I don't blame the loss on him totally, there were many other more obvious reasons, but that yellow card changed the game from Leinster clearing the ball downfield with a 10 point lead, to down to 14 men with a 7 point lead.

I think it was a baffling decision, and that had to have some effect on the outcome of the game.
    Wasn't really that baffling though. If contentious, it would be for the same reasoning as to why Leinster were given a penalty after the reset-a-thon before half-time despite being under colossal pressure on that very shove.
    Just a ref's interpretation. The consequences on the game itself are up to the players, not the referee. Thats why you play the ref as best as you can. Ospreys did this and Leinster did this, just not at scrumtime as they were bettered then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

If you think it was an incorrect decision, absolutely.

I thought it was mad, but I know very knowledgeable neutrals who say it wasn't, so maybe I'm biased. I still think Ospreys were worth their win on the day.

I think someone said analysts on RTE/Setanta were also saying it was a mad decision, but I haven't seen that and even if that was the case, you can't exactly take their word as gospel. I disagree with the decision, and if it was indeed a poor one, it must have had an impact on the result.

I do think Ospreys were good for their win, and there were many other factors at play as to why Leinster didn't win, but you have to say that Poite did have some influence on the outcome, even if you can't really totally blame him.

Advertisement