Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Freakazoid should be there as well and Chicken Boo
    that's getting into a whole different there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Achilles wrote: »
    So what is it?

I've never seen one before -- no one has -- but I'm guessing it's
    a white hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

What about Black Books, and spaced

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What about Black Books, and spaced

Black Books was not one I missed on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As hilarious as this whole Red Dwarf White Hole thing has become, it should carry a hefty ban :D

A white hole?

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    As hilarious as this whole Red Dwarf White Hole thing has become, it should carry a hefty ban :D

A white hole?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole
    sucks time and matter out of the universe: a white hole returns it.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, Minister, Yes, Prime Minister are pure genius.
    Fr Ted, IT Crowd.. "So Jen, what does IT stand for?"
    Increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret is very good.
    Big Bang Theory, of course.....

I always enjoyed Rumpole of the Bailey, but that was more witty than funny.

Red Dwarf...
    "Go to purple alert"
    "But Sir, that will mean changing the bulb!"

Minder used to be funny too.

Freakazoid,
    Animaniacs,
    Tiny Toon Adventures.

Ren & Stimpy
    Rockos Modern Life
    The Pink Panther...

Funniest of all?

a tie between...

Road Runner

and

The 1940's/50's Goofy cartoons from Disney, the ones where he is an everyman, presented in a documentary style, keeping fit etc, brilliant.
    As Roger Rabbit says, "No one takes a wallop like Goofy"

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole
    sucks time and matter out of the universe: a white hole returns it.:D

So that things spewing time?

So that things spewing time back into the universe?

Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time
    phenomena on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Ordered this day before yesterday. Also buying the pictured GPIO cable thingamajig.

208058.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

th_IMG_20120607_224724.jpg
    Local guy was selling 55 odd Ps1/ps2 games on adverts , tbh It cropped up on my search as I was keeping an eye out for ray tracers.some of its shovelware (but kids shovelware so my daughter might like em ), but some nice ones in there , and but there's an interesting survival horror game there as well(top left).
    Also the nice guy through in a controller and a few extra PC games as well.
    Which was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time
    phenomena on boards.

Ok it's decided then, we consult Holly.

D!!!!

Been wanting a PAL ps1 copy of that for a while, really cool game! I love the warped trilogy of games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yes, Minister, Yes, Prime Minister are pure genius.
    Fr Ted, IT Crowd.. "So Jen, what does IT stand for?"
    Increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret is very good.
    Big Bang Theory, of course.....

I always enjoyed Rumpole of the Bailey, but that was more witty than funny.

Red Dwarf...
    "Go to purple alert"
    "But Sir, that will mean changing the bulb!"

Minder used to be funny too.

Freakazoid,
    Animaniacs,
    Tiny Toon Adventures.

Ren & Stimpy
    Rockos Modern Life
    The Pink Panther...

Funniest of all?

a tie between...

Road Runner

and

The 1940's/50's Goofy cartoons from Disney, the ones where he is an everyman, presented in a documentary style, keeping fit etc, brilliant.
    As Roger Rabbit says, "No one takes a wallop like Goofy"

Yes Minister helped me gets an A in Public Admin and it's also a genuinely clever satirical shows.

Cartoons gotta be Tom and Jerry.

D!!!!

Been wanting a PAL ps1 copy of that for a while, really cool game! I love the warped trilogy of games
    aye , I'd vaugely heard of it before, its the kind of name thats a nightmare to search for on Ebay though!
    Apparently Sony fecked up the amount pressed , and Warp , the the publisher basically said "Ferk yoo mister Soneh" and brought out the next 2 on the saturn only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

The Key to enjoying TBBT is to ignore Leonard, if you just sort of phase him out the show improves massively and becomes much more enjoyable.

In exactly the same way ignoring the narrator guy in HIMYM makes it watchable.

In other news I got a couple of quid from my Mammy for my birthday last week so I decided to flitter a bit of it away today. Super Mario Tennis on the Gamecube and Golden Sun on GBA for €12 and €9 respectively which I felt were pretty reasonable.

Also picked up some knickknacks in Forbidden Planet, Issue 2 of Lady Mechanica, it has a great art style and a kick ass protagonist, if they managed to get an episode out more frequently then once every 6 months it would be great.

Finally a series 7 Lego minifig and a Kidrobot keyring and badge. the last bits I had from them was plastic and pretty ****e but these are really solid enamel and I'm very pleased with them.

208064.jpeg

Oh yeah , meant to post this but ta for however gave me the tip about hama beads (oisin I think) , they're at least 37 times easier to use than Ikea ones
    th_IMG_20120607_232923.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Key to enjoying TBBT is to ignore Leonard, if you just sort of phase him out the show improves massively and becomes much more enjoyable.

Leonard, I think he is supposed to represent the target audience of the show, or at least be the one that the viewer can relate to, he is more practically minded, is shy but ready to approach women and so on, unlike the rest of the cast who have varying degrees of what we in business call "Social Delay".

Unfortunately Leonard winds up being so milquetoast that he becomes the Harry Kim of the Big Bang Theory universe.
    The one character that simply has bugger all of interest going on, aside from being Sheldons enabler.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dr Bob wrote: »
    aye , I'd vaugely heard of it before, its the kind of name thats a nightmare to search for on Ebay though!
    Apparently Sony fecked up the amount pressed , and Warp , the the publisher basically said "Ferk yoo mister Soneh" and brought out the next 2 on the saturn only

The story behind Warp is way, way more interesting than that! Kenji Eno who ran Warp was an absolute nutjob. I'll link below to an interview with him that contains stories like sending a cut version of the original D to the ratings board so it would pass, practically holding Michael Nyman hostage in a hotel room until he agreed to do the music for Enemy Zero and how he revealed Enemy Zero was coming to Saturn at a Sony only conference.

http://www.1up.com/features/kenji-eno-breaks-silence

Achilles wrote: »
    Ok it's decided then, we consult Holly.

Ah, I think we've just encountered the middle of this
    conversation!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The story behind Warp is way, way more interesting than that! Kenji Eno who ran Warp was an absolute nutjob. I'll link below to an interview with him that contains stories like sending a cut version of the original D to the ratings board so it would pass, practically holding Michael Nyman hostage in a hotel room until he agreed to do the music for Enemy Zero and how he revealed Enemy Zero was coming to Saturn at a Sony only conference.

http://www.1up.com/features/kenji-eno-breaks-silence

I was just going to mention that, what a complete brilliant nutjob! Gave Sony one of the biggest **** yous ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ah, I think we've just encountered the middle of this
    conversation!

So what is it?

So what is it?

Ahhh someone punch him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've been meaning to pick up that Sega Vinyl for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages now. It's just such an oddity, great to have!

It look savage alright.
    There's also one for the c64 that has first level tune from The Last Ninja, and other sids.

a5y wrote: »
    Ordered this day before yesterday. Also buying the pictured GPIO cable thingamajig.

208058.jpg

Savage! I think you just introduced me to my first PI case! :D

Thanks man!

SID music on vinyl...surely this is hipster territory :D

NEVER!

It'd go nicely with my other gaming vinyls...

Surely your comment is in hipster territory, anything could be perceived as hipster territory when you think about it! ;)

I remember the bassline in the Last Ninja sounding extra warm when a guy with the record played it.

Although that bassline is very warm sounding compared to other SID sounds already.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Surely your comment is in hipster territory, anything could be perceived as hipster territory when you think about it! ;)

You'll denote the emoticon used, it was one of those things em what do you call them?? Ehhh...oh yeah...a joke. ;).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement