Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

GG for casuals earlier; 2 people representing Tekken. :V

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Lol can't count the number of times that happened to me in the T6 days....

More bad news for Tekken. I won't be around this year to play, as I'm off to the middle east to work. But I'll be back for T7! :) But I'll keep up to date with these threads.

Enjoy the last stint of the game. It really was very good. Just kinda unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Deserves to be said that I won't be around either (or online) until at the very least the turn of the next year until possibly next Summer, as I'm working abroad and only brought the PS4 with me. Once T7 drops :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

A ghetto 50/50 that I've found with Zaf/Leo ;)

A post to go with it to explain the logic behind it

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4727478#post4727478

Depending on the numbers, I'll be up for casuals tomorrow. Anyone able to go? Eoin & Novi obviously can't. :V Fergoose I assume can't due to no money. Anyone else?

• Advertisement

Aye, not much money on me sorry and I gotta study as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I'll be showing up anyway to get my ass handed to me UNIB tomorrow.

Right, just a heads up; but I won't be around for 11 days or so starting from Saturday. Gonna be at Seattle to meet friends + going to PAX. Hoping to get some casual games in over there since contacting the Seattle Tekken scene. :V Shall get some Tekken in either way. Shall be back at the 3rd Sept or so, so I can get back to casuals in Dublin then once I return.

Also Online Ranked matches; Finally have Bryan/Bruce to Fighter Rank (getting somewhere!) :V Pretty close to getting to Berserker Rank also.

well I hate to say it Maz but you're not missing out on much at the moment, enjoy your time in Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

I'm starting college soon so I should be able to attend casuals regularly.

• Advertisement

That's great to hear as well Omara, I'll be around for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

Is miharu a new character or in the previous version of tekken? the mask female wrestler is julia right?

julan wrote: »
    Is miharu a new character or in the previous version of tekken? the mask female wrestler is julia right?

Miharu was originally in T4. Asides from a few variations in the properties of some of their moves, she's pretty much a clone of Ling. And yeah Jaycee is Julia, (Jaycee = J.C = Julia Chang)

But we will refer to her as Julia!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Fergus_ wrote: »
    But we will refer to her as Jaycee!

Always respect personal choices. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BloodTalon

Hi, i'm new here so forgive my lack of knowledge. How often are casual sessions and when is the next one? Also, are there any competitions coming up any time soon? I literally just set up a boards account to comment on this thread ha ha. :P

There's usually one every Saturday if there's enough people interested in it on the day, I plan to do a big session in 1-2 weeks time, so stick around for that! :D

No upcoming TTT2 tournies as far as I know.

Who do ya play? Nice to have more people :)

I'll be happy to come along if i'm able! Where are you planning to host it? :D My main is Hwoarang. I usually only play solo mode, and therefore don't have a designated team. I can use a lot of other characters though. ;) What about you? :)

Welcome BloodTalon. I main Feng/Wang. We're not anti-solo mode here, but for the sake of practicing for tournaments where it's banned it'd probably be better for you to have a set team sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on boards for notice of casuals and we hope to see you there.

Yeah I'll keep this updated with it, it's just basically a glorified casuals lol.

I use Asuka and I alternate with Julia/Jun for my 2nd for tournies : P

I also use Lili/Michelle, Lee/Ling, Anna/Miharu, Kuni/Unknown and Zaifna/Leo for my sides :D

• Advertisement

I wasn't aware that solo mode is banned at tournaments. I thought it just isn't popular because tag assaults do insane damage. I'm unsure who I'll use as a set partner. Are there any more tournaments in Tag to even make it worthwhile? Especially with Tekken 7 coming out. If either of you(Fergus or Macal) or anyone that uses PSN wants a game then add me - "GiftedFox" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

BloodTalon wrote: »
    I'll be happy to come along if i'm able! Where are you planning to host it? :D My main is Hwoarang.
    I thought that as soon as I saw your handle! ;)
    BloodTalon wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that solo mode is banned at tournaments. I thought it just isn't popular because tag assaults do insane damage. I'm unsure who I'll use as a set partner.
    Well, it's a TAG game man...
    If you want some help with choosing a partner for Hwo, you should have a read (and post!)
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=213

btw,
    I play Hwo too. cool.png
    Kaz/Baek/Jin/Hei/Lee as partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AaronJT6

Hey all my name is Aaron and I live in Derry wanted to see if there are any players nearby to play some casuals or just to make a tekken friend, no one I know likes it and it sucks lol
    Thanks my psn is AaronJTekken if anyone wants to play :) I main Nina and Lili

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://www.facebook.com/MAGEECORE

Have you checked these guys out yet?

AaronJT6 wrote: »
    Hey all my name is Aaron and I live in Derry wanted to see if there are any players nearby to play some casuals or just to make a tekken friend, no one I know likes it and it sucks lol
    Thanks my psn is AaronJTekken if anyone wants to play :) I main Nina and Lili

I was ACTUALLY going to send you a message about our scene soon ahahaha, nice combo vids man!

I'm not sure what the scene is like up there unfortunately :(

Now we have a real Irish Nina player : O

And another Hwo, Ireland becoming the land of Asuka, Julia and Hwo now!

Being honest I was disappointed by the huge tag combos when I bought it. When I play with people in person we usually both opt for solo mode, I still think the game is great though. If tekken 6 had the same movesets and characters I would probably be playing that instead. I use other characters besides hwoarang so that's not my problem with it. I can use Steve, Jin, DevilJin, Jun, Heihachi and Marshall Law(recently) I play around with a few others but nothing serious. Wouldn't mind starting a lobby tonight if anyone is up for a game?

I don't have my PS3 at the moment. But my PSN for is Irish-Akuma13, to both BloodTalon and Aaron.

Won't be able to play online for a while since my net is really bad at home : (

But I'll add you 2 as soon as I have decent net, maybe Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AaronJT6

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I was ACTUALLY going to send you a message about our scene soon ahahaha, nice combo vids man!

I'm not sure what the scene is like up there unfortunately :(

Now we have a real Irish Nina player : O

And another Hwo, Ireland becoming the land of Asuka, Julia and Hwo now!

Lol cool! I would def make an effort to come to casuals and whatnot, Tekken just gets boring online sometimes. Definitely send me a pm about your scene :)
    Thanks its a hobby I just can't get rid off lol, I love making combo vids!
    Haha yes, Nina is amazing! It's just so funny shes Irish too lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I wish they'd give her an Irish accent....

@AaronJT6 - I'm skeering online BTW, nice to see you post here ever since playing you in T6 online! :)

Advertisement