Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Yeah no worries I'll be there lol.

Now we just need Mad Axes eh? And finally we'll know who's Chang's of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yesssssssssss, Fatal Four Way for Changs of Ireland!

I saw that on his TZ profile lol. Is he and MA in a bit of a scuffle? I couldn't find any flame wars on the Jaycee forums :(

Not sure if it's genuine or not haha, Anwar isn't too fond of MA spreading all this info on TZ about in game experiences and what stuff shouldn't work vs good players etc. when he hasn't played offline at all vs top players.

That's the crux of it all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Hopefully I can do Wednesday

It'll be worth it.

Ok, the session is gonna be on from 2-3 tomorrow with Iron Lobster, the people that are going, can you come in that early? He's only gonna be around for a hour or 2.

Yeah I like early. I'll grab a bus to get in for a bit before 2 then. I'll go straight to the XGC unless you need me to go get him at the spire?

sure, no problem. I'll be in for 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I'll make this too.

I don't mind what you want to do @ Eoin, just lemme know before then :D

Sure I'll leave it to you so. I'll just meet you at the XGC around 2, Although I'll be there a bit before I think.

Good to see you guys coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Good sessions today. :V

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/02/hearthstone-tournament/
    Here's the tournament list, from the organisation's Facebook event page:

Male Competition: Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, Ultra Street Fighter IV
    Female Competition: Starcraft 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Tekken confirmed for girls only game. No boys allowed please.

In like, Stansted airport or something, staying with people in London (CKT group) then Manc tourney on Sat, then HoG overnight session on Sat and finally London kumite on Tekken Tuesday at HoG with myself on stream playing their best in FT3/5s in a row.

Will link streams as they're up !

Just back at the house from the tourney, I came 2nd out of 56, was pretty stacked.

My match vs Menace in brackets was soooooo close, went down to the last round, I realllllly wanted to be the one to put him into losers as he was the favourite to win, but alas I couldn't close the round and messed up BIG time : (

I kinda tore through losers to make it to loser finals vs Aaron (AzyG4lyf), pretty emotional match as we know each other really well and we're on the same team. I went through then played Menace in GF and he won : (

Really fun event, only thing that kinda irked me was how many CKT people got paired up early in the brackets, leading to quite a few getting eliminated within their first few matches, but other than that, sick event overall.

http://challonge.com/WR3TTT2

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Just back at the house from the tourney, I came 2nd out of 56, was pretty stacked.

My match vs Menace in brackets was soooooo close, went down to the last round, I realllllly wanted to be the one to put him into losers as he was the favourite to win, but alas I couldn't close the round and messed up BIG time : (

I kinda tore through losers to make it to loser finals vs Aaron (AzyG4lyf), pretty emotional match as we know each other really well and we're on the same team. I went through then played Menace in GF and he won : (

Really fun event, only thing that kinda irked me was how many CKT people got paired up early in the brackets, leading to quite a few getting eliminated within their first few matches, but other than that, sick event overall.

http://challonge.com/WR3TTT2
    Pffft, 1st or bust tbh.

Congrats FergyChan, that's awesome!

Yeah Fergus, 2nd place is just another word for a loser.

Bahhh! That's great man! You did a lot of people proud, Iron Lobster's words on TZ were not "too kind" after all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

b6a4a3c14e824cef289674c4105b2cf97f5dbe99a9c9e7b76e6950f22c3de0eb.jpg

:V

Jokes aside; nice one on getting 2nd place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I kinda tore through losers to make it to loser finals vs Aaron (AzyG4lyf), pretty emotional match as we know each other really well

I cry evry time when I play AJ.

(GGs!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOywGbhgBJ0

Grand Finals at WR3! Those electrics have a truly depressing hitbox and tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IRON LOBSTER

Thanking everyone for your hospitality and GGS last Wednesday!!!

Consider yourselves welcome at the pub in Northampton England where we hold our sessions.

Sadly, like so many sell outs, I generally correspond with other gamers on FB, FG groups but I'll still post Tekken related stuff for posterity on TZ so I'll see you there!

Fergus - Well done at WR3, totally earned it bro. Sticking to Kazamas could have won you the whole thing though. That first match with Gabriel was close.

Maybe one day MA will grace us with his/her's hooded and silent presence...Then again...Maybe he was there last week and we didn't know...Proper Assassin's Creed...

I'm still totally convinced that guy who always plays PlayStation Home is Mad Axes.

The way I felt was, if I had to play Jun vs Menace, I would have had to outmove/outpoke him and only inflict chip damage on him because he very very rarely whiffs so I can't land f2s and I can't throw him since his throw breaking is like the best in EU.

So I felt I could experiment with Julia (if I can't outpoke/move, I can at least out mixup him and use her deja vu/iSWs/wardrums etc. to break him down) then Miharu with BT grabs into oki to get momentum going.

Idkkkk, I'll be playing him again tomorrow so I'll have more games to experiment for new teams!

And thanks! Come again soon!

You and Menace you should do it like this; you have to switch to a different team every time you lose and you cannot use that team and you can only pick mains as your last team. You and Menace play like 10 or 20 teams, so it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Gus I thought I wrecked you enough times with my gdlk DJ to make you know that matchup (ask DooM, he knows how sick my DJ is ;))

Joking aside, you're obviously a much better tekken player than me, and it's good to see you do well in a tournament, especially abroad and getting more irish exposure. Big respect for that gus! If I come to the all nighter we'll have to get some games in for sure

• Advertisement

Thanks Ramza > :)

Advertisement