Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AaronJT6

I wish they'd give her an Irish accent....

@AaronJT6 - I'm skeering online BTW, nice to see you post here ever since playing you in T6 online! :)

Hey man I dont use my aaronj-09 account anymore I made a new one its WiLiLiaMsXx for ttt2 and my official main account is AaronJTekken for when T7 hits consoles and for the likes of YT vids n stuff we should get a few casual matches when u have the time its been too long mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Absolutely! I'm away working in the Middle East for the year. But I'll probably be back around Christmas and next summer anyway. I'll be ready to rip into T7 :D

BTW you'd be proud of me, I am now "decent" at iWS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AaronJT6

Absolutely! I'm away working in the Middle East for the year. But I'll probably be back around Christmas and next summer anyway. I'll be ready to rip into T7 :D

BTW you'd be proud of me, I am now "decent" at iWS1.

Nice one mate well ill see you when ur back then and we get a few in plus we will have T7 to look forward to woho!!!
    Haha nice iws is great to have :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

b765a262a4854cae6e97f3fdbcbb8af4.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@Fergus:
    What are those results from Gussy?
    You got any links to match vids?

• Advertisement

I don't know the first two players? Who are they?

Oh that's just a register list for RFD, not results ahaha.

It'll be on in October.

Oh, well then, bestaluck! Hopefully I can watch it, internet in the Middle East is shockingly bad.

Oh, well then, bestaluck! Hopefully I can watch it, internet in the Middle East is shockingly bad.
    How are your chances of finding a scene out there Maestro?

Would you lot be interested in a mini tourney + casuals in about 2 weeks time? (Sept 13th)

Just 10 euros in (5 for causals + 5 for tourney) and get a 2-3 setups going for casuals/tourney setups if we can get enough people

Anyone up for it? I'll run it ofc.

• Advertisement

How are your chances of finding a scene out there Maestro?

If I lived in Pakistan, fantastic! I'd be Knee in a few weeks lol. But in Bahrain I have about...... 0% chance :pac:

@Gussy:
    I'm in man :)
    If I lived in Pakistan, fantastic! I'd be Knee in a few weeks lol. But in Bahrain I have about...... 0% chance :pac:
    **** man...
    Suppose you could travel to the big tournaments in the countries around atleast, no?
    You making enough to be able to do that?

@Gussy:
    I'm in man :)

**** man...
    Suppose you could travel to the big tournaments in the countries around atleast, no?
    You making enough to be able to do that?

Ah yeah I'm making good money out here. I'll be fine to travel around if I can! It's no problem though. Sure I had to go 8 months without any Tekken last year (hence why I got so ****e) and I'm still alive lol.

Honestly I've kind of resigned myself to missing the last stretch of TTT2. It's a cool game but I was never great at it, too many variables for my old brain... I'm looking forward to a new game and a new main in T7. I'll keep up to date with news and stay active online. But yeah, I doubt I'll travel for a game this year unless it's something amazing. Might see you round Christmas though!

Eoin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Ah yeah I'm making good money out here. I'll be fine to travel around if I can! It's no problem though. Sure I had to go 8 months without any Tekken last year (hence why I got so ****e) and I'm still alive lol.

Honestly I've kind of resigned myself to missing the last stretch of TTT2. It's a cool game but I was never great at it, too many variables for my old brain... I'm looking forward to a new game and a new main in T7. I'll keep up to date with news and stay active online. But yeah, I doubt I'll travel for a game this year unless it's something amazing. Might see you round Christmas though!

Yeah money and education always have to be taken into consideration over any video game. I would say the earliest possible release for T7 on console would be late 2015, but I think a mid spring or summer 2016 release is more likely. Either way, you won't be missing out HUGELY.

I don't want to draw any lines or make big statements either, but after RFD III I probably won't be going to any international tournies until summer next year because of A) lack of funds and B) I'm in my last year of college so I have to focus on getting the best grades. I'll still head to casuals though.

Honestly I've kind of resigned myself to missing the last stretch of TTT2. It's a cool game but I was never great at it, too many variables for my old brain... I'm looking forward to a new game and a new main in T7. I'll keep up to date with news and stay active online. But yeah, I doubt I'll travel for a game this year unless it's something amazing.
    Ah, if your still enjoying the game you should travel for it man.
    There's more to the game than just the playing, ya know man? :)
    Might see you round Christmas though!
    Coolio. Hope you enjoy your time over there Maestro. I'm certain your pasty-white Irish skin will be coming back all gnarly and sand-nigga-ish! :cool:

Haha!... I'll come back looking like that new Tekken character lol. Assassin Creed style.

Your dead right about that first point also, sure after this first week is over and I have a decent internet connection set up here I'll look into it :D

If there isn't enough people for a proper tourney on the 13th, we could always just do a once off ranbats session, everyone plays FT3/FT5s with each other and highest no of wins is the winner.

EDIT: Would people prefer a double elimination tourny or a once off ranbats sessions regardless of how many people show up? I think a once off ranbats session where everyone plays each other in FT3/FT5s (depending on nums) would be better and more fun : P

anybody available for casuals on Sat?

Yep, count me in!

• Advertisement

Anyone mind coming in a bit earlier than usual? Like 3-4 cuz I've to catch a bus at 9/10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

I won't be able to make tomorrow. Had a job interview this morning and on for a job trial (will have to work tomorrow). Hopefully next week I can manage.

I can do 3-4

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BloodTalon

I'm just wondering what time people usually start showing up at, if there's many expected to be there tomorrow, where it's taking place, and what time(roughly) that it will go on until. I might be able to make it for 3 but if it's only on for an hour then I can't really travel up tomorrow unfortunately.

Well myself and Neil will be there at roughly 3-4, I'm probably gonna be leaving at like 9/10, there will be other people as well with other FGs.

It's taking place at the Xtreme Gaming Cafe on Liffey Street, if you want, I can meet you at the spire at a certain time and take you to it, or if you're going on your own, you could come at 4 or so just slightly after us so you don't have to wait on us.

You just go straight up the stairs at the back when you come in, you don't have to talk to the guy at the desk and look out for a TTT2 setup closest to the door :D

Ah I see, I will most likely be making the trip then! I have a friend in my area who is also pretty good at Tekken, so i'll bring him along too. I'm really hoping that Tekken is on a PS3 setup because Xbox 360 controllers are the worst thing ever for this game, and my arcade stick is only PS3 compatible. :/

You'll be there from 3/4ish until 9/10ish? Sounds cool, i've never been to any sort of Gaming Café, is there a designated area there for Tekken that stays up and running all day or what way does it work? Sorry about all the questions!

I might take you up on that offer :)

Yep we usually play on PS3.

Well anyone can rent out the consoles upstairs, there's like 40-50 consoles but the fighting game community usually gets the ones on the right hand side as you come in, you don't have to worry about any of that anyway, just hand over a fiver at the end : P (we rent a console out, one person puts down 20 euros for it, and there's a 2.50 per hour rate, everyone at the end just gives the person who took the console out 5 euro until they get 15 euros and whatever's left over goes towards the FGC community pot)

How many consoles we get out depends on the numbers, we usually just get one console out, but if we get like 4-5, we might get a 2nd.

If you want me to pick you up from the spire, just PM me your phone number there and we'll arrange a time, it's only a 5 mins walk from there :)

That isn't bad, should I bring my own controller or are there enough functional controllers there?

For future reference, do we bring our own copies of Tekken? Assuming someone hasn't brought it already.

I'll pm you my number now :)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, yeah do bring your own PS3 controller and a copy of the game if you can, I only have the digital version so I can't bring a disc.

• Advertisement

I'll bring my copy of the game then don't worry. I always buy physical copies of games for my consoles, not a huge fan of digital except on PC when there's Steam Summer Sales. ;)

Advertisement