Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Just back from a rather successful date.

Started with a game of bowling (which ended in a 114 point a piece draw) followed by a few drinks and a bag of chips on the way home.....simple and effective!
    Sharing a bag of chips is a great way to break the ice and share a first kiss ..brings back happy memories :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

sffc wrote: »

Started with a game of bowling (which ended in a 114 point a piece draw) followed by a few drinks and a bag of chips on the way home.....simple and effective!
    Sharing a bag of chips is a great way to break the ice and share a first kiss ..brings back happy memories :)))

Ah yeah the first kiss by the beach was had. Although I shaved my facial hair before I met her.....only right she should have done the same :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Ah yeah the first kiss by the beach was had. Although I shaved my facial hair before I met her.....only right she should have done the same :-(

Dude what??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

riveratom wrote: »
    Dude what??!!

x 2 What???
    (i hope he is messing)

That sounds like best date night ever.... minus the facial hair obviously:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PMSL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Date secured with someone I both find physically attractive and attractive personality-wise.

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Date secured with someone I both find physically attractive and attractive personality-wise.

Result!

Wahey!

It says a lot that this is worthy of a post all of its own, doesn't it really :)

riveratom wrote: »
    Wahey!

It says a lot that this is worthy of a post all of its own, doesn't it really :)

Well, it's kind of rare that I find someone I'm atracted to aesthetically as well as their personality! Usually I end up giving guys I don't actually fancy a chance 'cause of their personalities. So I'm excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

When's the date Lynda??

Larianne wrote: »
    When's the date Lynda??

Tuesday evening, but he asked if I'm around town tonight, which I am, so it might end up being a quick drink tonight if he gets his way and I can ditch my friends for an hour. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Best of luck! Hope it goes well for you! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Good luck Lynda :)

D'awww, thanks guys! :) I will report back tonight!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Larianne wrote: »
    When's the date Lynda??

Tuesday evening, but he asked if I'm around town tonight, which I am, so it might end up being a quick drink tonight if he gets his way and I can ditch my friends for an hour. :pac:
    Sounds promising, good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good luck Lynda!

And Armagh, well done on the date. Though good job you didn't also compain about her Adam's apple. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

All quiet on the western front with me anyway!

Thanks all, yes there was a hint (only as we were kissing) of brittle facial hair but no Adams apple from what I remember :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Thanks all, yes there was a hint (only as we were kissing) of brittle facial hair but no Adams apple from what I remember :-)

As soon as I read this the Crying Game immediately sprang to mind. I'm sure that won't happen to you though. ;)

Daveysil15 wrote: »

As soon as I read this the Crying Game immediately sprang to mind. I'm sure that won't happen to you though. ;)

Had a wee feel just to make sure that wouldn't happen....I've said too much!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

So ArmaghMagic...are you seeing her again?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

No one is replying to my messages tonight. It's so boring.

Anyone wanna PM me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Colours

Result!

Go you!

Hope your pre date with him is going well tonight!

Prick! wrote: »
    No one is replying to my messages tonight. It's so boring.

Anyone wanna PM me? :)
    Me either. I guess some people have a social life, the feckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

miamee wrote: »

Lucky feckers indeed! Meanwhile, I'm posting from bed (alone:(:D)

So I keep writing messages to girls and find myself about to send them and just bottle it. I just can't be bothered any more waiting for the inevitable non-reply and going days without even having someone view my profile, ffs. Nothing changed since my last three week break from OD and I'm just over it now. Lifelong bachelorhood, here I come...

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

cantdecide wrote: »

So I keep writing messages to girls and find myself about to send them and just bottle it. I just can't be bothered any more waiting for the inevitable non-reply and going days without even having someone view my profile, ffs. Nothing changed since my last three week break from OD and I'm just over it now. Lifelong bachelorhood, here I come...

Rant over.

I was feeling the very same yesterday, but them Boom, out of the blue, two people message me at nearly the same time yesterday and i can honestly say they are really nice so far. I had the offer of a date tonight and only for im sick i would have went, the other hasnt asked yet, but yes i used the word yet!!! cause i know its heading there, he is just taking the slow route cause of something i said in my second reply to him.

Dont give up hope, honestly, be positive, change a few things like pics and info and see what happens. Chin up ;)

cantdecide wrote: »

Rant over.
    Well a non-message will always get a non-reply :P It is disheartening though, I got a few nice messages from different guys during the week, took the time to respond to them all and...nada. Why'd they bother in the first place? The one I am least interested in keeps messaging me, that's all.

Aren't we all posting from bed, alone? :D I'll be your spinster next door neighbour...no cats though.

Well a non-message will always get a non-reply :P It is disheartening though, I got a few nice messages from different guys during the week, took the time to respond to them all and...nada. Why'd they bother in the first place? The one I am least interested in keeps messaging me, that's all.

Aren't we all posting from bed, alone? :D I'll be your spinster next door neighbour...no cats though.

Nope. Posting from in front of the tv alone. :) I'm more of the mindset that I don't want to send a message in case they do reply and I can't follow through. :rolleyes:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nope. Posting from in front of the tv alone. :) I'm more of the mindset that I don't want to send a message in case they do reply and I can't follow through. :rolleyes:
    You can't follow through how? With a great second message? Invitation to a date? To move in with you? Have your babies? Ok, not making fun but how far ahead are you already thinking before you hit send on an introductory message?? It's basically an elaborate 'hello, you look nice' :)

• Advertisement

You can't follow through how? With a great second message? Invitation to a date? To move in with you? Have your babies? Ok, not making fun but how far ahead are you already thinking before you hit send on an introductory message?? It's basically an elaborate 'hello, you look nice' :)

Yep, whole life planned for every profile I like the look of. :) Nah, unfortunately I have the habit of overthinking things(Damn you Dawson's Creek! :pac:) and also start to think "Right if I send this, she replies. At what point will we arrange to meet up? Can I see her then or am I doing something? If don't meet then will we be able to carry on talking this way til we can meet or will we run out of things to say and it all falls through?"

See? Overthinking. Or maybe I'm just a major procrastinator since I usually need prompting to reply to mails.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement