Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I really hope someone makes a GIF of hogan wiggling the mic around like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What is this, a collection of the least interesting people on the roster? Get Garrett out there and we have a full house.

"YOUR ALL FIRRREDDD!!"

Manical laugh..

At least jeff has new music.

Couldn't stop laughing at Hogan's voice there :pac:

Screw you spiderman and your grilled baconcheeseburgers!

• Advertisement

Just noticed, this is a mini Fortune reunion!

They need to show smoking ads like that over here. Would definitely put people off the idea.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They need to show smoking ads like that over here. Would definitely put people off the idea.

I was just about to say that. Doesn't sugarcoat it at all unlike some of the ad campaigns here.

Half this weeks portion of the thread has been about the ads inbetween the segments!

I just copped, why doesn't angle wear a gumshield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

In fairness, the ads are more entertaining than Raw these days.

Not happy about Roode tapping out cleanly again. I know it means he is almost definitely winning on Sunday but two tap out losses in such a short period isn't good for anyone.
    CMpunked wrote: »

Half this weeks portion of the thread has been about the ads inbetween the segments!

That's cause there are so many!!!

• Advertisement

Quarter Hour ratings for last week's show:
    * Q1: 0.72 rating – Opening with the announcers and match introductions, Bobby Roode vs. Sting in a Lumberjack match

* Q2: 0.85 rating – Roode vs. Sting continued, Hulk Hogan out to announce Slammiversary main event, Madison Ryane backstage, Bully Ray and Joseph Park in-ring verbal exchange

* Q3: 0.81 rating – Ray and Park continuation, Crimson video, Chris Sabin introduction, Austin Aries accidentally sprays Samoa Joe backstage, Aries vs. Sabin

* Q4: 0.75 rating – Aries celebrates win, Hulk Hogan talks with Taz about adding him to the Gut Check panel, Bruce Prichard, Al Snow, and Taz talk backstage about Gut Check, Jeremy Borash backstage with potential TV Title contenders

* Q5: 0.97 rating – Dixie Carter in-ring announcement regarding TNA Hall of Fame, Dixie introduces Brooke Hogan, Daniels and Karazian talk backstage, Devon enters, Borash reveals Jeff Hardy as the winner of the fan voting

* Q6: 0.99 rating – Devon vs. Jeff Hardy with Robbie E and Robbie T interference, James Storm on the farm video, A.J. Styles, Kurt Angle, Daniels, and Kazarian video recap

* Q7: 1.03 rating – In-ring Gut Check segment with Borash, Prichard, Snow, Taz, and Joey Ryan, main event introductions

* Q8: 1.01 rating – A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, Kazarian interferes in the main event, Angle attempts to make the save, Daniels and Kazarian play the latest Styles and Dixie video, Dixie out to shut down the show.

The backstage Gut Check bombed but the In Ring one was the high point. Hopefully they cut the backstage one in future. The early start seemed to have an effect anyway. The second hour (assming my maths is right) would have been exactly 1.0, their normal rating.
    TNA is running a house show in Belton, Texas next week at the same time as iMPACT! airs live. The following names are set for the house show and thus won’t be on iMPACT!:

* Garett Bischoff vs. Gunner
    * Chris Sabin vs. Kid Kash
    * Douglas Williams vs. Rob Terry
    * Matt Morgan vs. Crimson
    * Tara, Mickie James and Velvet Sky vs. Angelina Love, Winter, Sarita and Rosita.

Robbie E is also advertised.

Bar the Knockouts (Seemingly a handicap match), none of them will really be missed. Wonder if Morgan is going to take Crimson's open challenge on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Serge is now involved in the Stixie storyline can we expect Styles V Serge at next TNA ppv :p

No waiting around:
    THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF PRO WRESTLING - TNA IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE ON SPIKE TV | NEW TIME SLOT OF 8:00p.m./ET FOR LIVE ACTION AND MUCH MORE
    Preview Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE on SpikeTV at 8/7c

- IMPACT will feature the aftermath of the "Slammiversary" Pay-Per-View event! Who was victorious at TNA's 10 year anniversary event? Tune in and find out!

- General Manager Hulk Hogan has ordered that there will be a World Heavyweight Title match on the broadcast! Still the World Champion after Slammiversary, Bobby Roode will defend the gold this Thursday against the new #1 contender, Mr. Anderson!

-Last week Dixie Carter's husband, Serg, punched AJ Styles. What will the fallout from that be this week on Impact?

- The annual "Bound For Glory Series" will kick off on Thursday night! Which 12 competitors will be selected for a chance to earn a World Title shot at Bound For Glory in October? The BFG Series starts on Thursday on SpikeTV with a Gauntlet Match!

- Plus, the road to the July 8 "Destination X" event begins

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announced that the highly-rated weekly series will be making changes to its programming to include a hybrid of reality and explosive action each Thursday, live on SPIKE TV at 8:00pm/ ET. The reality elements and production technique represent the most significant evolution in this genre in more than 15 years.

This announcement is a key component in the continued growth of the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING brand that is bringing game-changing programming to the world of professional wrestling. Cameras will be everywhere. Meetings will be shot in real time and unscripted as we capture moments; not produced segments. Access to conversations and vantage points that have never been seen before, such as production meetings, talent evaluations and post match critiques, will be revealed. Combined with an emphasis on story structure, long term character and story development, these changes will help IMPACT WRESTLING pioneer the next generation of wrestling entertainment programming.

Going live allows IMPACT WRESTLING a deeper connection with our audience via social media. IMPACT WRESTLING will be the most socially interactive television program in the history of professional wrestling. Viewers will have a variety of unique opportunities to participate and influence certain elements of the program through various social media platforms. Also, backstage will take center stage, as fans will have access to live interviews being conducted featured on IMPACT WRESTLING : THURSDAY ON SPIKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Destination X eh Austin Aries vs Robert Roode anyone?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Destination X eh Austin Aries vs Robert Roode anyone?

Looking likely. Will be a shame of the X title isn't defended though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Hogan's Twitter:
    This Thursday IMPACT LIVE will start with Austin Aries defending his title in an Ultimate X match!!! Thursday 8pm Live on Spike. HH

What possible need is their for an Ultimate X match?

The only reason I can come up with is so Aries can drop the belt without being pinned or submitting.

192_c6db11a71571f6269d8aa754fc40212f_m.jpg?t=201206132119
    91a2cbd3734d991ccf6d588c0cf42602_L.jpg?t=1339650851

Anyone staying up?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What possible need is their for an Ultimate X match?

The only reason I can come up with is so Aries can drop the belt without being pinned or submitting.

Yep and I think Austin Aries will win the BFG series this year

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not James Storm?

The perfect thing to do would have been copy the CHIKARA format and split the 12 guys into two groups of six, the winner of each group faces each other then. Storm wins one group, Aries the other.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'd be surprised if James Storm doesn't (and unless Aries is doing double duty it looks like he's not even going to be in the BFG Series). Fun fact: While this is Aries and Ion's first Ultimate X, it'll be Chris Sabin's fifteenth.

Anyone hanging on to watch tonight?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone hanging on to watch tonight?
    I is. The 1am start time helps a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I'll definitely watch the first hour anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah I'll give it a watch alright, Ultimate X should be great.

Its mad to think that a mere few months ago not many (at least here) seemed bothered to watch the product when it was being shown at a reasonable time owing to the many negatives it had surrounding it.

But now there are a few who are willing to stay up into the early hours to give it a watch. That has to speak volumes for the things they're getting right.

It's the first time in quite a while that TNA seems to have a little momentum. They have a long way to go to recover from driving people to simply not caring anymore but they're making very positive steps.

We're less than an hour away from #IMPACTLive and we're starting things off BIG! Been a long time since you've seen THIS:

187433_lawm.jpg

Ooohhhh yes!

• Advertisement

Wasnt there at least one Ultimate X match last year? That doesnt seem like a long time to me.

Advertisement