Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Always found the game a curious "project" from the ideas behind it and the publisher going tits up during and after it's release:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

GRADO > everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was he at?

Just as a matter of interest, how much of Boot Camp has been taped in advance? Like was the winner already picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

That fella "The One" was awful on British Bootcamp,so many promo voices too.Unlucky to the guy who blew his knee out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What was he at?

Just as a matter of interest, how much of Boot Camp has been taped in advance? Like was the winner already picked?

All of it has already been taped, the finalists all worked some TNA events at the start of September in the US. No way to know who actually wins though.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Always found the game a curious "project" from the ideas behind it and the publisher going tits up during and after it's release:

It was rushed to market and it really showed because it never felt like a full game. I always thought the springboard and counter systems were really good though and it looed pretty good for it's time but the rest of the game was meh. I've seen it in second hand shops in Cork for two euro, it's worth checking out for that much.

Won't read any of the Boot Camp results and just watch it as it happens on Challenge but after this episode I predict
    The whole thing with Grado was just done for tv and he'll be at the remaining auditions as well, before being put through

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Fun show this week, even if nothing major happened. Taz just blatantly doesn't care at this stage which is a shame as he can be good when he wants.

MVP doesn't get enough credit for how entertaining he is in this role. A million times better than his authority role.

Disappointed that they ignored the story of the first Roode/Lashley match in the build up to the rematch. The story of Roode being the better man but only losing because of a freak knee injury is a much better framing device than some silliness involving Angle and teasing dissension between MVP and Lashley. Plus the result of the first match wasn't affected by interference so why the need for the referee?

There's no greater illustration of just how good a wrestler Gail Kim is than watching Taryn Terrell wrestle anybody else.

• Advertisement

There's no greater illustration of just good a wrestler Gail Kim is than watching Taryn Terrell wrestle anybody else.

Same with Nattie and Charlotte.

Really enjoyed this weeks show. Very straightforward and mostly good wrestling.

And it must also be stated that Lashley's World title reign exceeded even the most optimistic expectations anybody could have had when he won the title. He had a really great four months as champ.

Yeah Lashley's a heel in the way I remember Angle's heel run in WWE. He wins matches clean. There may be a bit of interference from King and MVP but rarely to an extreme.

What in the hell was #XChampCrownded supposed to mean? How did nobody cop that?

Not sure why they felt the need to have every title change hands over the past few weeks. The Knockouts title was the most random switch in a while. Havok was only getting going as champion and they just end the reign out of nowhere. Unless it's to do with the UK tour and Havok isn't going? If that's the case, why even put the title on her in the first place? Let her start with a feud with The Beautiful People or something instead of Gail.

I hate these USA number one storylines and Anderson just comes across as a prick with the whole thing. Not even his character, just him. He's supposed to be the babyface but is the least likable of the lot.

Was Al Snow just chilling backstage in his wrestling attire or something? Guy isn't even on the roster and he shows up in his gear?

The lack of an explanation for Joe vacating the title makes it look like he just didn't want to drop it to anyone so came up with an injury instead. They could have at least made something up.

Fairly good show but I did find it odd that it ran as a normal show, but there won't be another one for at least six weeks. Thought they would have at least made a mention of it. If Spike wouldn't let them advertise the switch, surely they could have directed people to the website for some big news or whatever.

They switched the World and Tag titles for sure as a protection thing as they have the other people locked in on contracts. Havok was an protection thing seemingly but it WAS also TNA losing faith in her and believing she flopped. The made three main mistakes with her they put the title on her too soon, didn't let her speak and had her wrestle a style that was outside enough of her comfort zone. The X Division is a baffingly story that I don't recall the exact details of. Just a TNA lack of planning and foresight thing.

The two months off will do the promotion good. The smallish roster was getting kind of stale and it felt like everyone wrestled each other. Pushes were stalled and characters weren't maintained well. Just look at how much steam has gone out of Magnus and Ken Anderson from were they once were. They really need to refocus and re-establish most of the roster when they return in January. Hope they have the budget for plush video packages and the like.

Gunner is the biggest example of somebody who lost any and all momentum he had earlier in the year.

The internet can fantasy book offically the next 2 months:
    A number of Destination America executives were at the TNA Headquarters in Nashville, TN discussing ways the company can be integrated into the Network and different plans the two sides can work together.
    The plan is a complete reboot of the look and feel of Impact Wrestling from the bottom up when the series debuts in January. An official launch date for the series is still being locked in.

It wasn't unnoticed that Destination America's Twitter account jumped over 1,000 followers immediately after the TNA announcement was made.

There's talk that the December tapings, if they take place, may be in Michigan. TNA is working out details right now before making a decision whether to tape in December or January. If they intend to tape in December, they need to get tickets on sale ASAP obviously.

And then be deeply let down by the same old show.:)

And then be deeply let down by the same old show.:)

Going to be interesting if Bully Ray and Dreamer work their away back into TNA.

TNA will have a special "Best of the Turkey Bowl" show on YouTube next Wednesday. While it might not sound like much, if it includes the AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Chris Sabin match from the 2007 Turkey Bowl I'll be a very happy man. A really great match that hasn't seen the light of day since.

• Advertisement

Del Rio was been telling EVERYONE he is going to TNA and Lucha Underground next year.

Also according to Jason Powell Drew Galloway is TNA bound too.

Makes me excited.

I know he said on WTTV that he had signed a deal with Lucha Underground but don't think he mentioned TNA.

Did Galloway not say it's only a matter of time before he is back in WWE? Unless he is planning to mimic EC3 and show them what he could have been.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know he said on WTTV that he had signed a deal with Lucha Underground but don't think he mentioned TNA.

You are correct but he is telling every fan who asks at autograph signings he is also TNA bound.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did Galloway not say it's only a matter of time before he is back in WWE? Unless he is planning to mimic EC3 and show them what he could have been.

Drew did say that about WWE alright. But with the move to Destination America we/I don't know what has changed in terms of an offer. Del Rio and Drew are mates too.

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.Net said it. He doesn't have many scoops and doesn't rush to be FIRST. His hit rate is probably the highest of all reporters. No Meltzer style "plans change" craic with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I completely lost interest in TNA years ago and as much as I disliked Del Rio's character in WWE, his signing for TNA would really interest me. Always enjoyed his in-ring work, found his style very believable and aggressive, as long as his character moves in a new direction: I'm in.

This weeks Best Of show is a rushed mess. Don't bother with it. I would've taken a much different approach to the two 2014 Best Of shows - one on Bobby Lashley title defenses and the other on the Hardy/Wolves/3D matches.

The new iMPACT! logo:
    B4gYNHOCEAA4FA7.jpg

^ TNA now sponsored by Lynx

(Silver Spring, Md.) – Brace for IMPACT! Destination America iskicking-off the New Year as the new destination for professional wrestling following the announcement that Discovery Communications and TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Entertainment have signed an exclusive broadcast deal bringing IMPACT WRESTLING to the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America with a special LIVE broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING will move to its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America.

“We’ve been listening to what fans have to say and, with their feedback in mind, IMPACT WRESTLING’s live debut on Destination America will be nonstop, in-your-face action with no filters, big personalities, and epic battles,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “Wrestling is a national pastime that combines dynamic entertainment with intense crowds, and we can’t wait for IMPACT WRESTLING’s passionate fans to bring their ‘fandemonium’ to Destination America in January!”

“A week after the ball drops in New York City, fists will fly as IMPACT WRESTLING begins a new era with our LIVE debut on Destination America,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “IMPACT WRESTLING will be the most compelling two hours of wrestling on television.”

The special live broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 will feature a main event for the richest prize in IMPACT WRESTLING: the World Heavyweight Championship, Roode vs. Lashley III. A decisive rematch in this epic trilogy, reigning champion Bobby Roode defends the title against dominant former heavyweight champion Bobby Lashley to prove who’s the best in IMPACT WRESTLING. Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Gail Kim, Ethan Carter III (aka EC3), and all the stars of IMPACT add to the explosive debut. An encore will follow from 11 PM-1 AM ET.

Destination America welcomes IMPACT WRESTLING with a marathon on Wednesday, January 7 from 9 AM-9 PM ET, looking back at the biggest moments and most heated rivalries, leading into the special live broadcast from 9-11 PM ET.

IMPACT WRESTLING on Destination America premieres in its permanent time slot Friday nights from 9-11 PM ET starting January 16, immediately followed by an encore from 11 PM-1 AM ET. Miss a matchup or just can’t get enough? Check out IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED on Saturdays from 10 AM-12 PM ET beginning January 17 for a reloaded edition of the previous week’s IMPACT WRESTLING that will be a whole new viewing experience featuring extra content and never-before-seen footage.

Debuting on a Wednesday then moving to Friday's the next week is a silly idea. Also disappointed they rushed into the Roode/Lashley rematch but I can understand why the did.

• Advertisement

The poster for Roode/Lashley III:
    B4qvs1cCEAAwZNG.jpg

Advertisement