Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Especially when Smackdown is unlikely to move until the Spike contract is up (or at the very least nearly up). They started on Spike on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Especially when Smackdown is unlikely to move until the Spike contract is up (or at the very least nearly up). They started on Spike on Saturdays.

The Weekly PPV's were on Wednesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider
    Tonight will be the final night that TNA Impact Wrestling airs on Thursdays.
    Starting next week, the series is being moved to Wednesday evenings. The decision was made within the last several days. My belief is that the timeslot will remain 9-11 PM, although I have not heard that 100%.

One of the reasons behind the decision was all of the additional competition coming on Thursdays with the new Fall season, specifically NFL games on CBS.

With the exception of the ill-fated Monday night move against WWE Raw, Impact has been airing on Thursdays on Spike since April 2006. From October 2005 until April 2006, the series aired on Saturday evenings.

F4WOnline is more open ended:
    TNA will be moving to from Thursday to Wednesday nights starting next week on Spike TV. The move will be permanent.

The change is likely for two reasons, one is the stronger scheduled of NFL events on Thursdays in the fall, and the other is the chance that Smackdown will be moving to Thursday during the fall season.

The move is interesting since the show is only under contract for six or seven more weeks. Some would consider this move as a good sign, because if the show wasn't going to be renewed, making a big change because of football, or Smackdown, wouldn't be necessary.

Dixie indicates it was NFL driven:
    TNA issued the following, confirming our report of the timeslot move for Impact Wrestling:
    IMPACT WRESTLING MOVING TO WEDNESDAY NIGHTS AT 9/8C ON SPIKE TV BEGINNING NEXT WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 14, 2014) – TNA today announced its flagship program, IMPACT WRESTLING, will make a permanent move to Wednesday nights at 9/8c on SPIKE TV beginning next Wednesday, Aug. 20.

"Moving IMPACT WRESTLING to Wednesday nights gives existing fans and new viewers an opportunity to enjoy both wrestling and live sports even more throughout the week," said TNA President Dixie Carter.

IMPACT WRESTLING has enjoyed sustained ratings growth this summer, drawing over 1.5 million viewers each week this quarter, and is among the most watched cable series in key male demos in its timeslot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nfl is only going to be on cbs for 6 weeks or so and tna have gone against the nfl and nba finals often in the past.

last year head to head with opening nfl game on nbc impact actually gained 70,000 viewers from the previous week.

• Advertisement

I rather enjoyed this weeks show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its becoming quite the trend. Havent seen it myself yet

Hardys/Team 3D is great and the six man tag is a lot of fun.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/87616/next-tna-impact-tapings-will-be.html?p=1
    TNA will be taping Impact Wrestling and One Night Only PPVs in Bethlehem, PA on 9/16 through 9/19.

Originally, they had planned to tape at The Manhattan Center but the decision was made to go with Bethlehem. Which the company absolutely loved last time they ran here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Probably for the best in order to avoid burning out the NY crowd like they did with the Orlando crowds. Every second taping would be loads.

• Advertisement

Thought the show was kind of shocking to be honest. Hardys-Team 3D was the best thing on the show match was and it was pretty disappointing. Can't get into the storytelling with the core roster. Spud, EC3, Rhino & Lashley, MVP and King seem like the little ones. :p

Well this sucks:
    TNA Tag Team champion Davey Richards suffered a leg injury tonight during The Wolves' title defense against Devon and Mr. Anderson (substituting for Bully Ray) at a house show in Indiana, PA.
    Early on in the bout, Richards was taken out due to a leg injury with Abyss replacing him on the fly. EC3 came out and attacked Abyss late in the bout, leading Edwards alone but he still came back to win the bout.

Richards was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a broken fibula, the bone that runs from below the knee to the ankle.

There is no word on how long Richards will be out of action. Depending on the severity of the break, he could be out as little as six weeks before being cleared to return to athletic activity, but if the break is more extensive, it could be far longer.

The severity of the injury could (and possibly will) put The Wolves' current TNA storyline into jeopardy. TNA has filmed an entire series of matches designed to spotlight the Tag Team belts with one final bout left to close out the storyline. If Richards is indeed out for any length of time, that storyline will have to be altered. The upside would be that TNA has filmed Impact Wrestling episodes through the 9/23 air date, which gives them time to decide what course of action, if any, they should take.

He says what he feels and he is bridge burning extraordinaire. But in an interview this week he said how much he likes TNA.

rovert wrote: »
    Thought the show was kind of shocking to be honest.

Wrestling was good to great, promos were all fine at worst. I thought it was a pretty easy show to watch.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably for the best in order to avoid burning out the NY crowd like they did with the Orlando crowds. Every second taping would be loads.

Probably cheaper too.

At least Richards has two months before he has to wrestle again, though that may not matter if it's a severe break.

Richards tweeted his recovery time is 4-6 weeks.

iMPACT! this week:

104e2f8b77.jpg

Plus a Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki for the X-title. I wonder will the I Quit match be the first thing in the six month Sam Shaw/Mr Anderson feud that isn't utterly terrible?

TNA will survive until 2015 at least: http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6020
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 20, 2014) – President Dixie Carter issued the following statement today:

“IMPACT WRESTLING will remain a vital part of Spike TV's programming on Wednesday nights, 9/8c, through the end of the year. Negotiations remain ongoing beyond this time frame.”

Tonight marks IMPACT WRESTLING’s official move to Wednesday nights. Tune in at 9/8c for the most anticipated night of hardcore wrestling on television. One of TNA’s most popular annual Pay-Per-Views “Hardcore Justice,” will be featured tonight, free on Spike TV.

At least Africa will be getting TNA long into the future:
    TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will continue to be broadcast throughout Sub-Saharan Africa until 2019, thanks to an agreement between TNA and the continent’s leading sports broadcaster SuperSport.
    SuperSport brings the stars of TNA into the homes of fans in Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros Islands, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of South Africa, Reunion, Rwanda, St Helena and Ascension, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Socotra, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Zimbabwe and adjacent islands.

Also TNA are taping two ONO's, Turning Point and Rivals they're called, in Virginia and North Carolina on September 5th and 6th. As well as what's being called an international TV event in NC on September 7th.

Also iMPACT! was pretty good this week. Looking forward to the first Wolves/Hardys/3D match next week.

Because of iMPACT! moving to Wednesday, I keep thinking today is Friday. It's amazing how much iMPACT! and Friday are intertwined in my head.

iMPACT! this week has The Wolves vs. 3D vs. The Hardys, Aries vs. Sanada, EC3 vs. Rhino, a Bobby Lashley Open Challenge, Crazy Steve, Low Ki and Tigre Uno vs. DJZ, Homicide and Manik, and Taryn Terrell vs. Madison Rayne for No. 1 contendership.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Crazy Steve is the only member of the Menagerie being used now?

• Advertisement

Main event was great fun once it got going. I'd have liked more but I suppose I'm going to get it. Rest of the show is alright. Some good wrestling but everything was moving way too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Main event was great fun once it got going. I'd have liked more but I suppose I'm going to get it.

Kinda the angle I'm taking with it. I've seen the complaints that it was too short, but if they're running a series off it and leave you wanting more, it only bodes well. The actual match was fun. Lots of spots, but The Wolves didn't look outta place mixing it up with The Hardys and Team 3D.

EC3's mean-streak can only mean good things going forward, I'm guessing. Spud really sold the violence of it to me with his begging down.

Anderson and Bully Ray sharing a ring and being on friendly terms less than a year after the latter threatening the safety of the former's pregnant wife was a leap one couldn't quite get over.

So long as the later matches are longer (and no doubt the BFG match will be if it happens) I agree. Give's them somewhere to build towards.

No great thoughts about Impact this week. Their future is in real doubt and the promotion has booked themselves in a couple of Bully Ray related corners but I hope no matter which form TNA takes come the turn of 2015 they have Lashley and EC3 firmly locked in. Both have managed and come across like as stand out talents.

Not sure how long this has been the case but pretty much TNA's entire back catalogue of Best Of DVD's are available to watch for free on YouTube. They used to be behind a paywall.

Yoinked from the Voices of Wrestling Twitter. A graph of interest in TNA over time (taken from Google trends):
    BwjDr64IAAAPt-i.png

Lovely visual display of just how brief the Hogan effect was. Now at 2005 levels of interest.

Decent match card for tonight's show but I am very excited for Jessika Havok

BwnCUwUCUAAyMYQ.jpg

Spoken with her on and off for years especially in the last 2 weeks. She is not without flaws or controversy personally and I think she is wildly inconsistent in the ring but presentation and aura really stands out. Glad she has reached National TV as WWE has no interest in someone with her body shape which is a shame. Hope TNA book her as wisely as they have Lashley.

Plus she'll probably be working with Gail right out of the block which gives her the best chance possible to leave a good impression.

TNA schooled WWE in terms of presenting Woman on tonights show. Credit where it is due.

• Advertisement

The video package before the Gail/Taryn match was fantastic. Shame the match didn't get more time.

Advertisement