Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least EC3 reacts to the CM Punk chants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Havok could well turn out to be the Knockout they have been looking for since Kong left. They've tried to replace her several times (Rosie and Tapa, both dreadful) but Havok could be exactly what they were looking for. They need to add another couple of names (that are currently available on the Indys) and the division will be in an incredibly good position again.

On a slightly related note, I think AJ and Paige would be right at home with the Knockouts. As it is, it's rare for them to get an opponent anywhere near their level (other than when they face each other obviously) whereas it would be the opposite for them in TNA. It would be rare for them to get an opponent nowhere near their level. Velvet is the worst that wrestles on a somewhat regular basis and even she isn't awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gnfnrhead wrote: »

On a slightly related note, I think AJ and Paige would be right at home with the Knockouts. As it is, it's rare for them to get an opponent anywhere near their level (other than when they face each other obviously) whereas it would be the opposite for them in TNA. It would be rare for them to get an opponent nowhere near their level. Velvet is the worst that wrestles on a somewhat regular basis and even she isn't awful.

Paige and aj have had better matches against others e.g paige vs emma at nxt arrival and aj vs nattie which went like 20 minutes on mainevent back on March than they have had against each other.

Sky is awful btw. Brie bella is a far better worker. Tna have Kim who is really good and makes everyone else look much better. The recent madison vs Terrell and Madison vs Brittany matches highlight what a good job Kim does.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Paige and aj have had better matches against others e.g paige vs emma at nxt arrival and aj vs nattie which went like 20 minutes on mainevent back on March than they have had against each other.

Sky is awful btw. Brie bella is a far better worker. Tna have Kim who is really good and makes everyone else look much better. The recent madison vs Terrell and Madison vs Brittany matches highlight what a good job Kim does.

Sky is the weakest of the bunch but I don't think she is awful. Just, not that good. She can be carried to a decent match which is more than can be said for a good chunk of the Diva roster. Brie is only decent at best, and is awful when it comes to anything involving her talking.

No denying Gail is the best female wrestler in North America. Not sure anyone even comes close right now. But I do think you're under rating some of the others. Madison Rayne in particular is very good, especially when she is playing the heel. She suffers a bit as a babyface but a lot of other people do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The results from last nights taping that involved a lot of British Bootcamp people:
    * Eric Young defeated James Storm and Gunner in a three-way match.

* Samoa Joe defeated Dave Mastiff with the rear naked choke. Competitive match.

* Bram defeated Rampage Brown.

* Taryn Terrell defeated Madison Rayne and Angelina Love in a three-way match.

* DJ Z defeated Mark Andrews with a Tornado DDT. Athletic X Division match.

* Mr. Anderson defeated Rockstar Spud in comedy match. At one point, Spud mistakenly hit ref Earl Hebner with a chop, and Anderson convinced Earl to give Spud a powerslam in retaliation.

* Austin Aries defeated Noam Dar with the Brainbuster. Good match - both guys worked hard.

* Gail Kim defeated Kay Lee Ray. High-quality women's match, with Kim taking a hard bump on the steel steps. Kay Lee Ray, from Scotland, did a good job hanging with Kim.

* Ethan Carter III defeated Grado in a comedy match. Grado spent most of the match dancing and strutting. Jeremy Borash announced that this was Grado's United States debut.

* Bobby Roode defeated Magnus with the Roode Bomb.

* The Hardys defeated MVP and Kenny King. Jeff was helped to the back after hitting the steel steps but returned later to finish the match. Willow appeared briefly to save Matt from a double team before he went to the back. Jeff ended up getting the win after a Swanton Bomb on MVP.

Dar vs. Aries sounds like a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

Good show, six man tag was a lot of fun and the main event was great. Preferred match one in the series though. Pretty loaded show next week with Joe vs. Homicide, the three way ladder match and Roode vs. Lashley.

Was wondering why Rebel had wrestled so little and now we know. She is dreadful. Has Knux been injured? Didn't seem to be moving very well and didn't do much either.

Melendez was far better than I was expecting. Should be a decent mid carder but is going to be very limited in terms of his gimmicks down the line.

Enjoyed the six man tag and the main event. Not thrilled with the Wolves being beat in both matches but I guess it won't matter so long as they win overall. Rhino vs EC3 was good too and went the right way with EC3 winning cleanly. Really, the only negative was the mixed tag. When Crazzy Steve was in, it was fine. When he was out, it sucked.

It's a real shame they were not this focused a few years ago when they had a stacked roster. Imagine the quality if they still had the likes of Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Sabin, Shelley, Lethal, Bucks, Wolfe, a fit Angle etc.

The three way ladder match is my favourite TNA match this year. It's awesome, easily the best of the series.

Main event is really great aswell, perfect story. Last hour of iMPACT! was the best hour of TV they've produced all year.

I seen a lot of people saying Havok looked bad in the Battle Royal and I'm not seeing it. She wasn't amazing or anything, but I didn't think she was bad at all. Rebel's elimination looked nasty.

Loved the ladder match, just wish it lasted a little longer. Only about the 15 minute mark but I guess they are limited a bit with only 2 hours a week. For me, the matches have gotten better as the series progresses which is exactly the way it should happen.

Given BFG is starting to look like it will be a ONO type show, I'd have done the title change in the main event. BFG would have been the ideal place but I'll be surprised if it features title matches since they have already recorded for several weeks afterwards. It's a bit odd how Lashley sweats so much more than anyone else. Then I realised the same is true for Lesnar. Wonder if it's the MMA training?

The lack of EC3 was disappointing.

Is next week the North Carolina show? Really enjoyed the NY shows so hopefully they get a chance to do more.

• Advertisement

Apparently the plan for TNA is to show best of shows once they run out of taped material sometime in November. Surely it'd be a better idea at the very least to rework old One Night Only shows into new iMPACT!'s.

This weeks show feels like filler but for the most part it's an enjoyable straight forward wrestling show. Best Knux has looked in TNA so far. Plus MVP vs. Low Ki had some really neat stuff.

Show started out great but seemed to run out of steam in the second hour. Low Ki vs MVP was great. Robbie vs Tajiri was fairly good but I'd have rathered Robbie win. Aries vs Knux was very entertaining. Then it kinda just fell apart. Anderson vs Magnus was okay but Shaw vs Abyss went far too long. The main event never got out of second gear. Watch MVP vs Low Ki and Aries vs Knux, along with the Bro Mans backstage promo. Skip the rest.

It doesn't look like they will be staying on Spike so assuming they get another TV deal (no reason they won't) the start of this show is how they need to debut. Video package highlighting someone, introduce him, video package for his opponent, introduce him, let them go at it. No messing, just straight up wrestling. Repeat that for all the matches and you have a great debut show. Keep the segments to a minimum and focus on the in ring product. You only get one first impression so make the most of it.

Bound For Glory has matches! Tajiri and Muta vs. Storm and Sanada plus Joe vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayishi for the X-Title.

Title match is pointless since they already recorded about six weeks after the PPV. Hardly going to just say it's all recorded when they have been keeping up the "live" act all along.

Today is the nine year anniversary of TNA on Spike TV. iMPACT! has MVP vs. Mr Anderson, Gail Kim vs. Havok for the KO titles, Aries vs. his choice of champion and The Wolves announcing the final stip. in the series.

The Shark Boy thing this week was really weird.

TNA have been a year without the Hulkster. A year ago today Hogan quit on iMPACT! with the owner of the company clinging to his leg begging him not to go.

I was worried the shows would take a hit since they are no longer in NY but this one maintained roughly the same standard. The crowd wasn't great for a lot of the show but the actual stuff on display was good. Surprised, but happy that they let the Knockouts main event. No Gail vs Kong but it was decent enough. Easily Havok's best showing to date but considering how little she has wrestled that isn't saying much.

Aries vs Joe is the MOTW for me. Shame they don't give a crap about BFG as that would have been right at home on it along with Full Metal Meyham and Roode vs Lashley.
    The Shark Boy thing this week was really weird.

I've always liked Shark Boy so I quite enjoyed it. Was worried he would throw up or something so just being gassed so easily was very entertaining for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/518809433313648640

Good news as I am interested in the show. Like a lot of the talent involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

what is Amazing Red up to nowadays?

TNA should bring him back imo

• Advertisement

iMPACT! tonight has the final match in the tag title series. Full Metal Mayhem. I'm quite excited.
    Bzbgqy0IUAAPA0L.jpg

After seeing this week's episode, I have to ask, are the women not required to strap everything down? Just Taryn seems to just have the one top while the others have 2 or 3. Not that I'm complaining. Just thought it was a requirement, especially on tv in case of a malfunction.

On a more serious note, I also notice the huge difference these days in use of talent. Looking through the matches, how many guys are there based on their time in WWE rather than their talent compared to not long ago when you had the likes of Aces and Eights?

I loved that main event and thought for sure Davey was getting a half day with that spot. Best match of the series and an easy contender for the TNA MOTY.

Loved the Spud segment too. It's a testament to how good EC3 is that a lower card guy got such a big cheer for simply standing up to him like that.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    On a more serious note, I also notice the huge difference these days in use of talent. Looking through the matches, how many guys are there based on their time in WWE rather than their talent compared to not long ago when you had the likes of Aces and Eights?

I noticed that myself a few weeks ago. It was nearly halfway into the show before Anderson popped up and even he could be classed as 50-50 now. I said it before but it really is a shame they were not this focused a few years ago before they completely destroyed the last of their reputation.

Hope everyone checked out the main event this week. 30 minutes of carnage:

tumblr_nd6hru4dT01sbzhteo1_400.gif
    tumblr_nd6hz8sUcY1sbzhteo1_400.gif
    tumblr_nd65tolcFX1sbzhteo1_400.gif
    tumblr_nd66k5tVwx1sbzhteo1_400.gif

^ Was really hoping you lads would check the Full Metal Mayhem match out and give your thoughts.

Meltzer gave it ****1/2 best TNA rating and TV rating in as long as I can remember.

rovert wrote: »
    ^ Was really hoping you lads would check the Full Metal Mayhem match out and give your thoughts.

Meltzer gave it ****1/2 best TNA rating and TV rating in as long as I can remember.

It was a great match and I think 4.5 would be about right. The NY crowd might have been able to push it to 5 though. It's easily the TNA MOTY (as best I can recall anyway) and will be in serious contention for overall MOTY. The big reason it'll only be in contention is not enough people will watch it to make it the winner. My only negative is it happened on TV rather than the PPV a few days later, but TNA rightfully don't care about PPV at this stage.

Really great main event this week aswell. Off the top of my head I can't think of better consecutive main events in iMPACT! history.

Hmmm, EC3's new bodyguard looks awfully familiar.

I assume they saw Sharkboy had put on weight and decided to play on it.

• Advertisement

British Boot Camp 2 debuts tonight on Challenge at 9.

Advertisement