Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I know you not suppose to think about these things but that segment made no sense. Ace & 8 pretend to break up to lure Mr. Kennedy out? How did they know it would lure him out? What were they going to do if he didn't? It was stupid for Kennedy to come out, could he have not watch it backstage? The People respond to Ace & 8 breaking up and then you swerve them. When you break them up for real, people won't respond as think it's another swerve or seen it before. Hate to nit-pick. But first TNA thing watched in a bit and just seem pointless.

Why did Daniel Bryan suddenly stop caring about the WWE Championship and not even attempt to help the Big Show when Big Show helped him?

Most segments dont make sense in wrestling if you over think them.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I'm sure it doesn't. But don't see how something that doesn't make sense in WWE justify something that doesn't make sense in TNA? Wrestling can make sense in it's own way. Wrestler A doesn't like wrestler B they have a match, or who's the better man or I want the belt etc etc. Wasting 15 min of everyone time on a segment like that, I don't understand how anyone thought was a good idea.

I'm sure it doesn't. But don't see how something that doesn't make sense in WWE justify something that doesn't make sense in TNA? Wrestling can make sense in it's own way. Wrestler A doesn't like wrestler B they have a match, or who's the better man or I want the belt etc etc. Wasting 15 min of everyone time on a segment like that, I don't understand how anyone thought was a good idea.

Again, what was the issue? They tricked Anderson, which was the intention. Had he not shown up, the reveal would have waited until the match vs Bully. Simple. If you look hard enough, you'll find problems with everything.

There isn't a problem. I just thought segment was stupid. Even with your answer it's a very contrived situation. I have not watched impact for a while, this segment was highlighted to be something worth watching, I felt it highlighted the problems I had with TNA before. Time spent on stuff that doesn't add up or really build to anything.

There isn't a problem. I just thought segment was stupid. Even with your answer it's a very contrived situation. I have not watched impact for a while, this segment was highlighted to be something worth watching, I felt it highlighted the problems I had with TNA before. Time spent on stuff that doesn't add up or really build to anything.

In that case 99.9% of all wrestling segments are stupid.

• Advertisement

No it isn't. Again you keep bringing in other segments/story lines to justify this. I'm just talking about this one segment. Which I think was pointless and you clearly didn't.

No it isn't. Again you keep bringing in other segments/story lines to justify this. I'm just talking about this one segment. Which I think was pointless and you clearly didn't.

It's a fairly basic angle, the heels tricked the babyface. For some reason you're trying to make it out to be different.

Do you give this level of questioning to every single segment you watch?

No again you bring in other things in to this. I just looking at this segment as lapsed fan esp of TNA. It was this type of thing that turn me off. Anderson looked like an idiot. Ace & 8 plan no sense for reasons stated. I didn't like this segment. All I'm saying.

As said, if Anderson didn't come out, they wait until the match vs Bully in two weeks. It made sense but for some reason you insist on trying to over complicate it. It's very basic.

How does them pretending for two weeks that there feuding with each other make it any better or logical? For two weeks there would be more wasted segments about Ace & 8's turning each other, only for them to help Bully beat Anderson? Is that not what's going to happen anyway? How does that help? If Anderson buys into that and get's swerve at Turning Point he look more like an idiot there then he does now.
    Far as I know you did not write this segment, so you should not have a personal attachment to it. Let just leave it at you liked it and I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Far as I know you did not write this segment, so you should not have a personal attachment to it. Let just leave it at you liked it and I didn't.

I hate this argument. Just because somebody has passion for something doesn't mean they are involved in it. It's a discussion forum.

Of course he/we have a right to discuss it. I just don't want to be involved any-more. I have not watched that much TNA. Via this forum it was highlighted that this segment was good-great. So I watched it. I felt it wasn't and just let my thoughts be know-en on it. I only responded because the argument for this segment not being stupid was the fact WWE also do stupid segments. Which makes no sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Without sounding like a mod here. This argument is going round in circles.

I don't think any promotion has gone the logic overload spektorfive wants since Mid South/UWF closed its doors in 1987.

I do feel this is going in circles, last thing I say about this. I'm talking about this one segment from a company I stop watching because of this type of thing. I not saying there have not been other things that don't add up in wrestling. Of course they have. But why those that justify this? I don't understand that argument and other points brought up to explain this angle also don't make sense. Again just my thoughts on this one segment I watch, not the history of wrestling.

How does them pretending for two weeks that there feuding with each other make it any better or logical?

Why would they feud? Bischoff and Knux said they were out, so have Bully panic and try to convince them to come back while Anderson is gloating. Easy. They dont have to try and kill each other for the one week before the match.
    I do feel this is going in circles, last thing I say about this. I'm talking about this one segment from a company I stop watching because of this type of thing. I not saying there have not been other things that don't add up in wrestling. Of course they have. But why those that justify this? I don't understand that argument and other points brought up to explain this angle also don't make sense. Again just my thoughts on this one segment I watch, not the history of wrestling.

It's wrestling. These things happen. Why doesnt Big Show just use the KO Punch straight away? If you insist on questioning something so basic this much, you will find issues with everything. Nothing is flawless. It's the nature of wrestling.

I'm done talking about this. I made my point's. Just let it go.

Fairly by the numbers show. Mostly this building up and killing time for Turning Point next week. Angle-Aries was only good unfortunately.

Felt like a lot more wrestling than in recent weeks.

Wasnt happy with Dixie forgetting Sabin's name. Would have been fine if he was going to win, but he was already eliminated and was the only person she did it for. Just makes him look like crap.

Angle was really off his game. He hasnt been great since his return, but compared to last night was at his peak against Roode. Poor Aries hadnt a hope of getting a great match out of him in that condition.

Next week should be good. Joe vs Magnus, Roode vs Storm, Bully vs Anderson, Park vs Abyss and Gail vs someone, probably Holly Blossom.

Forgot to say it earlier, but when did they get PlayStation as a sponsor? Surely that is a massive thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Forgot to say it earlier, but when did they get PlayStation as a sponsor? Surely that is a massive thing?

Probably just the network sponsor for the night. Spike were doing a live show after iMPACT! from the PS4 launch.

• Advertisement

Probably just the network sponsor for the night. Spike were doing a live show after iMPACT! from the PS4 launch.

Thought it might have been a one night thing. Having PlayStation as your sponsor is something you make a point of showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,922 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is next going to be 3 hours and is it actually going to be like a PPV or is it just going to be like the others they did where they just had a former PPV on Impact?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is next going to be 3 hours and is it actually going to be like a PPV or is it just going to be like the others they did where they just had a former PPV on Impact?

Just a regular 2 hour iMPACT! with bigger matches.

Sharky is coming to Turning Point!!!

Meltzer made a reference to all the ROH dudes (Edwards, Strong and Richards) Dave Lagana contacted were not expressions of actual interest. The actual push is on replacing existing dudes with cheaper talent.

That ending is brilliant! :D

Better than usual opening video for iMPACT! this week:

The new Impact Zone is a 5-600 seat. Eek!

Sure sounds like my Endemol theory:
    This is the latest on the sale. One group rumored to be after the company, which was a name circulated on the Internet but was never the lead candidate, has pulled out. The group which was in the office a few weeks ago and the key one we’ve been referring to, is still in play. It feels like it’s cold in the sense nobody knows anything new and nothing has been talked about, and there are no signs of a transition coming. However, the leading group is still in the hunt and talking positively about making the deal. The deal won’t be made unless they get complete ownership, and the key, is if they believe the asking price is fair. There was some talk about the Carters wanting to raise capital by selling a percentage and they’d keep majority ownership. The wrestlers who believed the Janice Carter e-mail had come up with that as their version of what would make sense, since they knew sale talks were out there but wanted to believe Janice Carter’s e-mail wasn’t bull so that was how they put it together. But the main group in the hunt is not looking for a minority interest. I have it on pretty good sourcing that Jeff Jarrett, who has picked up a lot of power of late, would be expected to gain power if this sale takes place, since he’s more than likely involved in getting the deal rolling. But no deal is done at this time and the sense is it’s no farther along than it was a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm not looking forward to the return of jaded Impact Zone crowds. The warmness of the wider Impact! crowd has been welcome over the last year.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to the return of jaded Impact Zone crowds. The warmness of the wider Impact! crowd has been welcome over the last year.

They need to trick Full Sail students from NXT into attending.

Advertisement