Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to the return of jaded Impact Zone crowds. The warmness of the wider Impact! crowd has been welcome over the last year.

I'd rather a different city, but it's better than being on the road. The expense was killing them. A weak crowd is better than no crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd rather a different city, but it's better than being on the road. The expense was killing them. A weak crowd is better than no crowd.

They've covered both options, seemingly.

adynsqvl.jpg

They've covered both options, seemingly.

adynsqvl.jpg

That was a massive arena that was far too big. The camera side was jam packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Orlando crowd was quite good for TV for the last year they were there, a large part of why the 2012 BFG Series was very good.
    rovert wrote: »
    The new Impact Zone is a 5-600 seat. Eek!

It took me far too long to realise you meant 500-600 and not 5600.

Storm vs Roode was very good. Anderson vs Bully wasnt bad, but should have been much better.

4 vs 4 elimination match next should be good. Just not sure what the teams will be.

Roode
    Kazarian
    Daniels
    ??? Sabin? Aries?

vs.

Angle
    Gunner & Storm or Magnus & Joe
    ??? Hardy? Aries?

Yes, Aries on both sides. He could go either way. Obviously he has history with Roode, but the last two weeks have been Angle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

adynsqvl.jpg

Wonder what idea Bully has there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The cluster of IMPACTs being taped over the next fews will be a bit of craic to decipher:
    I am told a lot of the segments being taped over the next few days at Universal Studios will be out of sequence to try and prevent fans from spoiling shows online.

PWInsider

I like the smaller venue. I always had a theory that a factor in the diminished responses in Orlando was the expansion of the venue from 900 to 1300. It's more intimate.

I like the smaller venue. I always had a theory that a factor in the diminished responses in Orlando was the expansion of the venue from 900 to 1300. It's more intimate.

Thought the same. Had the same rowdy factor the old TNA Asylum had.

The cluster of IMPACTs being taped over the next fews will be a bit of craic to decipher:

PWInsider

Fairly sure they are recording tonight and tomorrow, then again in two weeks time. They'll be recording the next three weeks, before the two recorded this weekend have both aired. Leaving a lot of room to fcuk up :pac:

• Advertisement

The highlights of iMPACT! in order, Aces and 8s funeral, Angle's comeback and revenge of the nerds:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

PWInsider

It's like they are challenging fans to reveal spoilers.

The only funeral you'll ever need to see:

Good show, but the final segment didnt need to be so long. Would have loved the main event to go the full second hour. Eight of their best were involved so it easily could have. Have the brawl right after the match instead of the turkey shite.

Really good largely self contained holiday episode. I hope it ushers a new more positive era in terms of show tone.

Somewhat surprised at the lack of nostaliga pop of Curry Man.

Really like Xema's new role. I could understand TNA being potentially skittish on him wrestling.

The self aware Aces & Eights segment was gold. If I had to list the five things TNA does well. Funeral skits would be high on the list. :p

This was awesome, love Zema`s airhorn. Mike Tenay at the funeral was solid gold too

For some unknown reason TNA have had the finals of the title tournament on a pre-recorded show. Meaning, the new champion was crowned last night. If you dont want to know who won, be careful until it airs.

The semi finals are this week, so unless they have the final on the same night, it wont air until at least next Thursday.
    Magnus beat Hardy in a Cage match.

It has gotten ridiculous and almost the theme of the year that
    WWE & TNA continue to step all over each other storylines. This time with both promotions heading towards title unifications

Apparently the finals won't air until 26th December. Not exactly the best time of the year.

Would not be shocked if they end up recording 2 title matches with 2 different results.

26th is a very long time. Should have saved it for a live taping if it's going to be that far away.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Would not be shocked if they end up recording 2 title matches with 2 different results.

That would actually be a very smart way around it. Doubt it would happen but would be great to see.

Apparently the finals won't air until 26th December. Not exactly the best time of the year.

I would've thought it'd be the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

For anyone with UPC,Challenge has been added to the service on channel 157.Impact is on there at 9pm on Sundays.

Decent enough show but nothing amazing. Next week has Aries vs Sabin for the X-Division title so thats something to look forward to.

Thought the undercard stuff with newer characters Carter, Shaw and the amazing Bro Mans trio was all well executed and promising. The rest not so much. Joe Park isn't sympathic, run hot and cold on the Dixie centric stuff, NOT sold on Magnus. Sting was hilarious though.

Apparently, that's all the Impact and FPV's recorded until Genesis in mid January. A couple of ONO events but who knows when they will air.

Including
    Magnus winning the title, AJ Styles returning and even the Champion vs Champion match. For some reason, none of that was worth keeping Genesis. The first live show in quite a while. I know why they did it, but that is far too much to do on pre-recorded shows.

The shows have been very good lately, so hopefully this doesn't screw them up. After Genesis I really hope they go back to the bi-weekly format at least.

Apparently, that's all the Impact and FPV's recorded until Genesis in mid January. A couple of ONO events but who knows when they will air.

Live vs. tape makes no real difference. The ONO's that are taped in December will probably air in February and April (assuming Lockdown is still a real PPV and that they don't decide to air the shows they tape in January sooner) and they taped all that before Genesis because
    AJ's contract is up this week.
    And the only reason they taped the way they did before was because of their live PPV cycle, I'd be surprised if they moved away from taping in bulk after the UK tour (mostly because it's cost effective).

Live vs. tape makes no real difference. The ONO's that are taped in December will probably air in February and April (assuming Lockdown is still a real PPV and that they don't decide to air the shows they tape in January sooner) and they taped all that before Genesis because
    AJ's contract is up this week.
    And the only reason they taped the way they did before was because of their live PPV cycle, I'd be surprised if they moved away from taping in bulk after the UK tour (mostly because it's cost effective).

If they are using the same venue for the same amount of days, I dont see how it makes much difference cost wise.

I prefer the bi-weekly model because it is much easier to avoid spoilers for a week than for five or six weeks. I'll be very disappointed if they continue to tape so many shows at once. It will be a major step backwards.

If they tape four shows at once over three days instead of twice they only have to fly everybody in and set everything up once.

I dont think TNA fly everybody in. Only the likes of Angle, Sting etc. I think everyone else has to make their own way.

On top of that, if they are using Universal as a permanent base like before, everything will remain set up the entire time.

• Advertisement

I forgot how much fun this match was. Feast or Fired returns this week on iMPACT! as well as Sabin vs. Aries for the X-title:

Advertisement