Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit, other driver drove off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

brian_t wrote: »
    In a car maybe but according to tbh's first post the offender was driving a Jeep which is slightly different.
    I wonder does tbh know what make of jeep?

Honda CRV. More of an SUV than a jeep I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tbh wrote: »
    Honda CRV. More of an hairdresser's handbag on wheels than a jeep I guess.
    FYP

With apologies to CRV drivers. Couldn't help meself... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

This is the best thread since tbh's epic blow by blow (no pun intended) circumcision saga back in 2006:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

MajorMax wrote: »
    This is the best thread since tbh's epic blow by blow (no pun intended) circumcision saga back in 2006:p

You can't just say that without giving a link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054899493

I see the thread is still going strong. 107 pages - 1594 posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Well done OP, it can be bit of a slog but its worthwhile keeping at it.

And for some of the other guys here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps

:D:D:D

Ha!!! you know, I still get about 2 pms a week about that thread. All of them starting "you're probably going to think this is really weird but how is your penis now?"

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Ha!!! you know, I still get about 2 pms a week about that thread. All of them starting "you're probably going to think this is really weird but how is your penis now?"

Yeah, and no matter how many PM's I send, you still never reply!

Well.... while we're waiting for news..... how's the lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

the driver of the crv will probably ask you about it shortly !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Maybe the guard dosent know what to do in this situtation and has found a great thread on Boards.ie about it and is waiting to see what happens in it before deciding what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Other driver sounds like a right bitch. A lot of people drive SUVs because they're aggresssive ****s. So it's no huge surprise that this particular individual is trying to beat you down with passive aggression.

Keep chasing the biatch to the bitter end!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

That Garda you're dealing with looks to be absolutely useless (like most of them).

Anyway, good luck. Hope it all works out for you. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

There is probably a certain CRV driver watching this thread wondering how long she can hold out or how long before everyone gives up......
    From my experience with the Gardai, you could be waiting months but they will follow up and it will get resolved (hopefully to your and our satisfaction).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

el diablo wrote: »
    That Garda you're dealing with looks to be absolutely useless (like most of them).

Nice generalisation there, unless you've dealt with over 10,000 gardai how have you come to the conclusion that most of them to be useless?

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Nice generalisation there, unless you've dealt with over 10,000 gardai how have you come to the conclusion that most of them to be useless?

Their accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

el diablo wrote: »

Anyway, good luck. Hope it all works out for you. :)

Our gardai never do anything, dunno why we have them at all. I bet you would call them if you needed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Can we keep this on topic, this is one thread that doesnt deserve to be derailed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Can we keep this on topic, this is one thread that doesnt deserve to be derailed.

Agreed, I think we all want the same outcome from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Just clicked on page one accidently. This thread is almost a month old. That's bloody ridiculous. Time for the OP to go back to the Guards and find out what the hell is going on methinks.

Either the other driver had insurance or she doesn't. The Guard either filled out a form saying she did or she didn't. If she isn't there, on holiday etc etc go to her supervisor. Surely he/she can look up the case number and see what is going on with it.

What is the harm in that? Surely it won't be the first time that someone has gone in there to try to get a move on on things. What is the Ban Guarda going to do when she finds out the OP has been in? Organize a hit on him? Call Revenue and have him "investigated". I don't think so.

The sooner this crap goes on, the sooner Scumbag Slugface (sorry, I've forgotten what name we have officially christened her) gets her comeupance.

I just can't believe this is happening. In the States, your car insurance details are linked in with your cars license plate number, your Social Security number and your driving license in one giant police data base. If the cops are called to the scene of an accident ( or if they are informed of it after the fact) they can find out in 30 seconds the names and addresses of all parties involved, who has has insurance, the name of the insurance company and the policy number. Does that not happen here? This taking your paperwork into a police station malarky seems very antiquated.

A few years ago in the US, I had a similar situ to the OP. My car was hit in a car park by someone who then took off. Luckily a co worker of mine saw it happen and called the cops. When they came, he took statements off both of us & called back to base to get the name and address of the other driver.

He gave me a police report number to quote and said a full copy of the police report would be ready for me to pick up in 3 days. Then he took off to go over to her house to arrest her for leaving the scene of an accident. In I went on Day 3. My guy was off duty, so a colleague of his was able to print the police report off for me. It clearly stated that Driver X was seen hitting my car by Witness Y before driving away. No need for any CCTV footage.

I was then able to file a claim for the incident with the other persons insurance company. Turns out I didn't even need to go in and get the hard copy of the report. The insurance company could have gotten it themselves once I gave them the number of it. Anyway, I got a check in the post for the estimated cost of repairs a few days later. All done and dusted in less than a week. Why on earth is that not happening here when the technology makes it so easy?

( PS Can I have Sandra Bullock play me in the movie of this thread? Pretty, pretty please? :D )

• Advertisement

It was a joke, no need to pretend to be a moderator.

Been away for a week, back today. Rang the cops, she's not available to take my call. Have asked for a call back. I know she's on duty today and tomorrow and I'll be calling until I get to talk to her. If I haven't spoken to her by Saturday I'll be asking, respectfully, for someone else to take a look at - I'll go to the station personally if I have to. I've been reasonable but its getting me nowhere - the insurance company have sent a letter a week, none of which have been replied to.
    The maddening thing is, I don't even need her to tell me if the other driver is responsible. The insurance company have told me they are satisfied she is. All I need is a simple answer: she was given ten days to produce her documents. Did she do it or didn't she.

The maddening thing is, I don't even need her to tell me if the other driver is responsible. The insurance company have told me they are satisfied she is. All I need is a simple answer: she was given ten days to produce her documents. Did she do it or didn't she.

Which insurance company is satisfied yours or hers?

Whether she produced her doc or not is only a matter for the garda, she will summons her for this.
    It's a civil matter between you and the other driver now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I think it is pretty clear that it's the OP's insurance co. who is satisfied who was at fault.
    The fact that none of us yet know if this woman produced anything at the Garda station would indicate that nobody yet knows the name (if any) of the woman's insurer.

hondasam wrote: »

Which insurance company is satisfied yours or hers?

Whether she produced her doc or not is only a matter for the garda, she will summons her for this.
    It's a civil matter between you and the other driver now.

Right well then I need the guard to give me her details. The guard told me that if she is insured, shell pass the insurance details along. I assume if she's not insured I'll be told that as well so I can process my claim.

Right well then I need the guard to give me her details. The guard told me that if she is insured, shell pass the insurance details along. I assume if she's not insured I'll be told that as well so I can process my claim.

I would suggest going into the garda station this evening and asking for the guard who is dealing with the incident.
    If she is not there then the person at the desk can check to see if this lady produced her insurance or not.
    There is cctv showing her hitting your car so she cannot deny this. If she is not insured are you going to claim from your own insurance?

hondasam wrote: »

I would suggest going into the garda station this evening and asking for the guard who is dealing with the incident.
    If she is not there then the person at the desk can check to see if this lady produced her insurance or not.
    There is cctv showing her hitting your car so she cannot deny this. If she is not insured are you going to claim from your own insurance?

I've been flying for 18 hrs, if I went to the station tonight I'd end up being arrested :) but I think a face to face is what needs to happen to get it sorted.

If she's not insured it goes through the mibi. I have to pay an excess of 300 but I don't lose my ncb, and the mibi will take action against her to recover their costs.

I've been flying for 18 hrs, if I went to the station tonight I'd end up being arrested :) but I think a face to face is what needs to happen to get it sorted.

If she's not insured it goes through the mibi. I have to pay an excess of 300 but I don't lose my ncb, and the mibi will take action against her to recover their costs.

I know it's frustrating and we all want an answer at this stage not just you :pac:
    You must have full comp so you should be allowed so many clams without losing ncb.

No call back, called at seven was told shed be in at nine, called again just now, was told she's still out.. Back in at five pm tomorrow, if I don't get her tomorrow I'm calling to the station on sat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Pa Dee wrote: »
    Pa Dee wrote: »
    You're getting the runaround - cant see anything coming of it bar a waste of your time
    As above....
    Give it up man

Advertisement