Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

dorgasm wrote: »
    They're extremely lucky that their deal blows everything else away

wonder why they don't just open the floodgates and offer everyone this offer - would shake the whole market up but by that stage they would have half the country on 18month contracts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

wonder why they don't just open the floodgates and offer everyone this offer - would shake the whole market up but by that stage they would have half the country on 18month contracts!

They must still have a good following/uptake on their higher price plans of 60 euro + per month for them not to be doing this.

Have to remember emobile and meteor are the same company so this approach obviously maximizes their market share.

You are right tough, I know an awful lot of people would switch to this deal but the number crunching must not be that favorable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

As long as people will take out the lower plans and over spend, they won't offer cheap unlimited plans to everyone. Especially since their unlimited plan at it's full price is very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm presuming this is all about cross-selling to their existing landline base and also trying to give those customers reasons to keep their landline.

Eoin wrote: »
    I'm presuming this is all about cross-selling to their existing landline base and also trying to give those customers reasons to keep their landline.

true, but they didn't insist on it being only those people getting to use the deal - they do no validation on the voucher once you have one.

dorgasm wrote:
    Especially since their unlimited plan at it's full price is very competitive.

at €70? I think I would probably go with the free galaxy s3 with 3 for €40 a month and the 375 flex units.

I used to be on the 100 plan - 100 mins, 100 texts, landlines and 1gb data which worked out at €24 a month - so this plan will cost me €11 more a month - but knowing it's nearly unlimited will give me a sense of freedom with usage. No way I'd pay €70 though!

ps I signed up today and took the HTC One S - but in truth I will probably offload this as I plan to get the Nokia Pureview 808. But in relation to the €89 for the HTC they didn't look for payment separately and just said it could "go on my bill".

• Advertisement

How much data would the average user consume? Totally new to the data market side of phone bills.

I know its a very general question and totally depends on your usage but what would some of the people after signing up this this use. Would ye actually get use out of the 15gb allowance or as said above, is it more for the peace of mind?

After signing up, still think ill prob only use 2-3 gb max per month. Feel like i should just stream to get the most outta it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I have just come home from the local eMobile shop where they offered me this deal.

My contract with Meteor is up this month and the salesman (in both Midleton and Douglas) told me about this new promotion they have and that it IS open to everybody, though he remarked about not being able to promote it.

Walk into a bricks and mortor shop and try your arm pal.

He also said that I have the offer for life so when my contract is up I will still be on the same plan!!
    Happy days!

true, but they didn't insist on it being only those people getting to use the deal - they do no validation on the voucher once you have one.

at €70? I think I would probably go with the free galaxy s3 with 3 for €40 a month and the 375 flex units.

I used to be on the 100 plan - 100 mins, 100 texts, landlines and 1gb data which worked out at €24 a month - so this plan will cost me €11 more a month - but knowing it's nearly unlimited will give me a sense of freedom with usage. No way I'd pay €70 though!

ps I signed up today and took the HTC One S - but in truth I will probably offload this as I plan to get the Nokia Pureview 808. But in relation to the €89 for the HTC they didn't look for payment separately and just said it could "go on my bill".

Well I meant competitive for people who genuinely need unlimited calls and texts. 3's plan wouldn't suit them.

Well I meant competitive for people who genuinely need unlimited calls and texts. 3's plan wouldn't suit them.

Yeah, I agree with you. I suspect my usage will dramatically increase now on this plan!
    Davie89 wrote: »
    How much data would the average user consume? After signing up, still think ill prob only use 2-3 gb max per month. Feel like i should just stream to get the most outta it :P

I was happy with 1gb a month to date so even on this plan, like you, will probably never use much more than 2gb. Though might be tempted to stream more internet radio on a whim to my car radio on the move now with this allowance and that will impact.

Same here! I won't know what to do with myself after 18months of o2's miserable 250mb :D

• Advertisement

Though might be tempted to stream more internet radio on a whim to my car radio on the move now with this allowance and that will impact.

Or turn on the GPS nav whilst making my way to work, on the luas :P

Currently on the phone to them trying to sow it all up, been on hold for over 15 minutes ! Not a great start.

At least you're getting somewhere on the phone. I tried ringing them a few times yesterday to order but was told they were under maintenance or something like that? And I requested a call back, never got one.

At least you're getting somewhere on the phone. I tried ringing them a few times yesterday to order but was told they were under maintenance or something like that? And I requested a call back, never got one.

This is my third call back :(

Finally finishing it tonight tough I think. My god they require so much information.

Currently still on hold. She told me she thinks they have pebble blue GSIII's. had been turned off the in store demo one I played with, but I am kinda tempted if this blue-claim is true. On the other hand she may not even not what I'm talking about.

Any reason they'd be so cautious with you? I got through online no bother. They asked me to scan and email my bill and license, did that and they sent confirmation that my order was being processed.

On the subject of colours; I've always had the plain old black or dark coloured phone, no harm changing it up. Also, I really don't like the blue. It would have been fine if they had made it a plain finish but they went with a faux-brushed aluminium finish which kind of makes it seem like the phone is trying to be something it's not.

Any reason they'd be so cautious with you? I got through online no bother. They asked me to scan and email my bill and license, did that and they sent confirmation that my order was being processed.

Nope no reason I can think of. The eircom account is always paid on time and has been for the past 10 years plus.

Being honest I don't really think she knew what she was doing. Told me I would need to give a 5 digit pin to the delivery man and yet kept calling out only 3 digits? :confused::confused:

Has to ring me back again in a minute as there was some "error" in her system.

Davie89 wrote: »
    Nope no reason I can think of. The eircom account is always paid on time and has been for the past 10 years plus.

Being honest I don't really think she knew what she was doing. Told me I would need to give a 5 digit pin to the delivery man and yet kept calling out only 3 digits? :confused::confused:

Has to ring me back again in a minute as there was some "error" in her system.

Wow, seems totally inept. From all that I've read so far, they might have taken on a load of new staff. If that's the case then fair enough, it's a tough job they have, I'd know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Rang to avail of this offer last Monday and got told i wasnt eligible for the offer and they tried to flog me the Select300 plan, chanced my arm again on Wednesday and got signed up with the Sony Xperia S for €89 no hassle, took delivery of the phone this morning and loving it :D

just had a look on my eMobile account and it seems i've used 8.71GB of data so far and the sim isnt registered 10 hours :eek:, must get a phonecall to them to rectify it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

John2009 wrote: »

just had a look on my eMobile account and it seems i've used 8.71GB of data so far and the sim isnt registered 10 hours :eek:, must get a phonecall to them to rectify it

I got my phone from them on May 24th and I also had "used" 8.7GB of my 15GB allowance by May 25th. It reset back to 0GB this morning - I wonder if it has something to do with their billing cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Has anyone switched from an 'out of contract' emobile plan to this plan successfully? Gonna chance my arm tomorrow..dunno whether to try sign up as a 'new' customer and cancel the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

polaris68 wrote: »
    I got my phone from them on May 24th and I also had "used" 8.7GB of my 15GB allowance by May 25th. It reset back to 0GB this morning - I wonder if it has something to do with their billing cycle?
    Exactly, it's the pro-rata amount. No point in wasting your time calling them.

• Advertisement

Has anyone switched from an 'out of contract' emobile plan to this plan successfully? Gonna chance my arm tomorrow..dunno whether to try sign up as a 'new' customer and cancel the other

it's complicated but worth trying. Pm'd you with some comments.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Hi guys, would really appreciate if it someone could send me a voucher code if they haven't bought 2 phones. For some reason my account number doesn't work and I really want to get this offer while its available.

Thanks,

Dardoz

I think you can only do one in someone else's name and the other must be in the account holder's name. This is AFAIK, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

My parents are with eircom so i plan on using their account number. can anyone tell me is this possible and does will this effect their phonebill in anyway? cheers

coach22 wrote: »
    My parents are with eircom so i plan on using their account number. can anyone tell me is this possible and does will this effect their phonebill in anyway? cheers

Just try their account number in the link posted at the beginning of this thread - it will let you know if the number works (you don't have to proceed you can come back again later)

It will have absolutely no effect on your parents bill. The number simply allows you to proceed with the order. Your parents will not even be aware of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, it wouldn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Just try their account number in the link posted at the beginning of this thread - it will let you know if the number works (you don't have to proceed you can come back again later)

It will have absolutely no effect on your parents bill. The number simply allows you to proceed with the order. Your parents will not even be aware of it.
    yeah i tried it but it wouldnt work. mite try giving them a call tomorrow and see how i get on. cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

dardoz wrote: »
    Hi guys, would really appreciate if it someone could send me a voucher code if they haven't bought 2 phones. For some reason my account number doesn't work and I really want to get this offer while its available.

Thanks,

Dardoz

I was desperate for a code too but didn't think I'd get one so I rang today & said I had no code but wanted to avail of the offer.

The first guy I spoke to was very nice but no way could he do it without a code!

Rang an hour later & spoke with a lovely girl who went out of her way to help me!!

Signed up & BLUE S3 on it's way to me now!!!:D

It did take literally hours because their system was gone into overload with all the orders & she had to call me back this evening as the phone kept coming up at €770!!!:eek::eek:

Eventually it was all sorted & it only cost me €139 plus €70 deposit...DELIGHTED!!!!:):)

The girl was absolutely lovely & very genuine!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yeah i tried it but it wouldnt work. mite try giving them a call tomorrow and see how i get on. cheers anyway

it's mad, my dads eircom a/c number works for me when I enter it.......works for some people, not for others..........:confused: .........the SGS3 seems a tad expensive at the 240€ all the same.

• Advertisement

Hmmm why do some people get it for €140 and the rest pay €240 :/ The poster above even said they're not an eircom customer, doesn't seem fair...

Advertisement